• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I do somehwat agree with Espy that having the best of pretty much everything will give u much more diverse results though. Don't know if any amazing players were absent from Melee though. I think MK just kills the balance pretty hard in this game. Not just the matchups, but the way people give up and move on to using a character that deals better with him or MK himself.
Does that mean you main MK now?

BioDG

Smash Ace
I disagree. The last HOBO lee/hyro....ect went to was hobo 27. These guys used to be considered "regulars" but now dont show up anymore and have not shown interest in HOBO since then.

Had i not done what ive been doing i guarantee you that Tx's players/Houston's players would not be where they are today. Its the constant practice in a "tournament environment" aka HOBO that has made us the best state in the USA.

I can't speak for the state, but yeah, I definitely benefit from that. I have never been able to go to them regularly since I'm busy half the time, but they always motivate me to bust my *** to improve every time I COULD make plans to get to one.

Also, congrats on being a father!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Allan saw what no regular Melee stuff did to us.
Im not gonna lie. Ive done so much more for brawl than i did for melee. Man had i done all that for melee i think TX would have been OBSCENE.

BTW, im watching this marvel stream right now. Dark Phoenix+Xfactor+her super=1 hit KO on the whole cast.

Xyro77

also, why does every body use the same color for all of their team? like i see people use red sent red storm red chris......ect. does having the same color give them a boost? LOLOLOLOl

Tesh

Smash Hero
Does that mean you main MK now?
??? No but i mean alot of diversity winds up being killed when people give up on the character they want to play and go for MK hoping it will help them do well. And its not really the same as having a horrible matchup with any other top tier. There aren't many to pick from to not have a horrible MK matchup. And it really can come down to that sometimes.

@ Xyro, weren't those people attending a bunch of national/regional tournaments though. I mean, I guess the thing is that 2010-2011 so far is a whole BUNCH of tournaments and most people can't go to all of them. Though I can't speak for anyone's specific interests/situation.

Xyro77

zucco is in this stream. he is MOLESTING everybody. This really is the brawl of marvel.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Is that right? Xyro is having a child. Amazing. And at the same time... my mind is blown. Xyro you're what, a few months younger than me? Wow...

Best of luck to you, not sure how you're going to juggle Smash and Family.

So...

Does this mean Houston Smash scene is in danger?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Houston will go the way of the RGV. Say hello to one tourney every 6 months.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm only able house 5-6 carpools for Nikefest3. There's going to be alot more carpools than that, I guarantee lol. If you coming than confirm your carpool inm the thread asap.

SOMEBODY MAKE ROY_R GO. I need my fix of fanboyism.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm only able house 5-6 carpools for Nikefest3. There's going to be alot more carpools than that, I guarantee lol. If you coming than confirm your carpool inm the thread asap.

SOMEBODY MAKE ROY_R GO. I need my fix of fanboyism.
Link meeeee. :(

:dk2:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Guys fest this Friday if you guys are interested. I want to have a tourney so we can practice for WHOBO. We really need to step it up and defend our state [:

5 P.M. usual tourney setup.

HOBO rules except LGL on all char and the limit is 40

BioDG

Smash Ace
Guys fest this Friday if you guys are interested. I want to have a tourney so we can practice for WHOBO. We really need to step it up and defend our state [:

5 P.M. usual tourney setup.

HOBO rules except LGL on all char and the limit is 40
You WOULD have a fest on the only weekend that I'm NOT available. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom