• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm one-hundred percent serious about the following statement.

If I don't do well at WHOBO 3 with all Peach I'm maining Metaknight or Wario.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

you will also lose all respect from 99% of the players that respected you previously.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
"Switching to Metaknight cause im salty" never works. You still have to work hard and learn matchups to get to even the point you were with peach. I can understand using mk or wario as a 2nd, but dropping your main is ******** and just a cry for attention. Sorry

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Define "do well."

z00ted

I'm not crying for attention.

I just want to do something decent for once and be considered "good".

I've been finding things out with Peach recently that could make me do a bit better versus her harder matchups (besides Marth), but I really don't think she's viable right now.

We'll see at WHOBO.

Define "do well."
By "do well", I basically mean place well - like I know I can.

I just can play really well with Peach or super terrible. She requires too much precision, I guess I'll practice more.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm not crying for attention.

I just want to do something decent for once and be considered "good".
Then why would you drop Peach, the character that got you to where you are today?
If people like San/Polt/FOW are still beating top tiers, I will take a **** on the word "viable"

You can use whoever you want, just saying dropping a character you spent a lot of time on is dumb. I learned the hard way lol.

Infact you'll get even more frustrated if you switch to a better character and do worse.... which will probably happen since you aren't experienced with them yet and others know how to fight them... just a reminder

z00ted

I'm not really "anywhere".

I gotta practice more.

WHOBO 3 looks like it will have 200+ entrants.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Illmatic, if you play smarter instead of abusing Peach you'd do better (not saying you don't do good, just meaning this will help)

Do more mix-ups and stop doing the same stuff over and over

z00ted

Then why would you drop Peach, the character that got you to where you are today?
If people like San/Polt/FOW are still beating top tiers, I will take a **** on the word "viable"

You can use whoever you want, just saying dropping a character you spent a lot of time on is dumb. I learned the hard way lol.

Infact you'll get even more frustrated if you switch to a better character and do worse.... which will probably happen since you aren't experienced with them yet and others know how to fight them... just a reminder
I honestly think Ness/Ike/Yoshi are more viable than Peach.

z00ted

Illmatic, if you play smarter instead of abusing Peach you'd do better (not saying you don't do good, just meaning this will help)

Do more mix-ups and stop doing the same stuff over and over
I've been trying this.

i don't know if it's working or if I've even dropped my habits :(

Gea

Smash Master
You still did not define was "placing well" means, Illmatic.

Allan, I'm throwing out "Iris" as a name.

Bu ll****
To be fair, those characters can kill and some have better MUs against commonly seen characters. Not saying they are better than Peach as a character, but some definitely have ups in the current metagame to her.

z00ted

Considering no Peach has gotten anywhere close to 33rd since Edreese, that would be nice.

I'm aiming higher though.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion

z00ted

i'm not good.

i just think kyon/nicole/all the other peaches are worse.

*crying for attention*

Gea

Smash Master
Hmm, this entire discussion is very familiar to a certain other Peach player. Oh who could it be...? Drk... drk something. ;)

Don't get better, start using a bright colored font and namesearching.

Gea

Smash Master
I put the appropriate amount of faith in the character. I don't really expect results past her worth and I understand what it takes to achieve them. I just don't find the massive time investment and effort it takes in order to outplay the other person enough to make up for her flaws worth it. You are playing by %, and that isn't worth winning for me.

But I don't have faith in Brawl in general, so...

Though if you want to start placing better, it's time to learn and never drop uair strings and bair locks.

z00ted

i've been practicing weak hit bair -> sh fair since it sends them into a helpless fall and opens up alot of kill moves.

i've actually been doing it alot lately, but it's pretty hard to do consistently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAQKSZAZ3Y

9:05^

uair strings and bair locks are dumb... i can just dair at a low percentage and almost get the same amount of damage.

Unless it's Fox / Falco of course.

and what do you mean by "you are playing by %?

Gea

Smash Master
Your entire sets at high level play with Peach will be about getting the lead and maintaining it. Sure, sure, all characters have to deal with this in some ways, but Peach has really bad options if she falls behind, especially against many common characters.

Uair string > dair, people can DI out of dair. Bair lock is lots of damage and goes into a killmove. If weakhit bair into sh fair is difficult for you on a technical level, you need to sit down alone and practice. This is a foreign concept to most Brawl players, but if you think you have "mastered" a character, chances are you probably haven't. There are always ways to improve your technical execution or refine your tricks.

z00ted

Your entire sets at high level play with Peach will be about getting the lead and maintaining it. Sure, sure, all characters have to deal with this in some ways, but Peach has really bad options if she falls behind, especially against many common characters.

Uair string > dair, people can DI out of dair. Bair lock is lots of damage and goes into a killmove. If weakhit bair into sh fair is difficult for you on a technical level, you need to sit down alone and practice. This is a foreign concept to most Brawl players, but if you think you have "mastered" a character, chances are you probably haven't. There are always ways to improve your technical execution or refine your tricks.
ok.. im practicing now. I doubt it will help in Brawl though :(

does anyone have good video game music suggestions for my wii?

does anyone wanna get on wifi?

z00ted

yeah, I guess.

noone on the peach boards are competitive within themselves, so they won't even care anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom