• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Sometime this year could mean at the end of the year. Which would mean the ipad will have been out for over a year and that's pretty normal

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok guys i think its time i gotta go ahead and get some stuff off of my chest. So please sit back, hear me out and take it as it is.....deal?

The Problem.

1. Ever since late 2009 ive lost interest in Smash(been playing it since 1999). I dont like brawl or how its turned out. The people are great/awesome/amazing(even when i troll you guys into arguing) but its not enough to keep me going anymore. I dont have smash "idols" like most of you and i have nothing to work towards(im already the best samus). Because of ALL of that, i have literally ZERO motivation to get better and ive lost almost all of my motivation to TO.

2. Because of number 1 i am also losing motivation to carry on the HOBO/WHOBO series. Brawl is old now, we see the same players win each event nearly every month, we see the same venue month after month.....ect. This all contributes to the recently low turnout we have had for the past few HOBOs. There is nothing TRULY making people say "holy ****, a HOBO? Lets frakin go!" There is also nothing inside of me saying "Holy mother of ****, i cant wait to run another HOBO!"

3. I dont know if this has anything to do with anything but im gonna say it because maybe some of you agree or have noticed or w/e. Amanda and my mother both say over the past 2 years i have become "depressed" and thats why(they say) ive lost motivation in smash/school/work......ect. I fully disagree because i believe depression is a choice(you CHOOSE to let **** bring you down). For those of you who KNOW me, have you seen a major change in me?

The solution.

1. I am 50$MM Noid(2nd best samus) at WHOBO 3. If he beats me that would mean i finally have a goal and an "idol." Knowing that there is a better/spicier lesbian than me would only make me pissed which should( i hope) make me want to get better.

2. I really need WHOBO 3 to do BETTER than WHOBO 2(107 players) and it would be even more sweet if i broke WHOBO 1's(140 players) record. I want to prove to myself, to tx and to the rest of the Major TOs that WHOBO can only get BETTER. If this can be done i think(and hope) that this can motivate me.

3. I need another GF or Wife. I think that if me and amanda can work out a deal to where she gets me on Mon/Wed/Fri and the other girl(im thinking MegaFox's sister or Smoom's sister[eliz]...DUDE maybe BOTH at the SAME TIME!!!!????!!!) gets me the rest of the time i wouldn't be so "depressed." Just a thought.

Secrets

Ok this last part is kinda cool and im really excited to tell you guys about. Amanda is PREGNANT! As of today she is 20 weeks! This pretty much means a week after we got married she got "seasoned" by Papa Lesbian's "spice." I swear up and down that i wasnt there for that episode of "spice....that....WIFE" so it means that the milkman or paperboy must have done it......FRAKIN CYLONS!!!!! Anyways, me and Amanda went to the doctor today to see what GENDER this little gremlins is.........Can you guess? Take a quick guess real quick and then tell me if you were right when i say that me and amanda are having a

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first i was like "frak me, now i gotta buy a gun and workout and **** so i can beat up+ shoot up the boyfriend who impregnates my daughter" but then i was like " DUDE! i can get her to be a LESBIAN and not worry about a damn thing!" So over all im not sad that its a girl BUT i kinda wanted a boy. Oh well! WHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

EDIT: we need names! any ideas?

Sync.

Smash Champion
Wow Allan hype! Congrats I'm really happy for you [:

I don't think you've seem depressed in person in all honesty. I hope your MM with Noid goes well. I'm sure WHOBO 3 will break 140 [:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Congrats Xyro.

Just think...in a few years there will be a little Xyro-ette running around kindergarten going, "YEAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wahahahaha you got a girl, it was funny hearing you talking about that on the way home from Kingsville wishing and praying for a boy and you get a girl, congrats though. I'm gonna teach that young lesbian how to play MK.

Also, if you're bored with this game, pick up a new character, if you can be "the best Samus" why not pick up another character, stick with him/her/it and see yourself progress all over again and become one of the best with another character, sticking through bad/hard MUs and watching yourself over come them, you can even do this with MK if you so choose to pick him up (he does have hardships just like every other character), just finding out how to get around this and that then setting up that and this.

I really think a new character would be best, but you need to stick with the character and not give up because it's hard right off the bat, it takes time to perfect things.

And regarding the TO business, if you're tired of TOing then just take a break, you're always so busy with it, so let someone else in Houston have a shot at running things for once and see how it goes. I'd love to run a Houston monthly, (I'd obviously need a little help with the venue and such), but just take a break next HOBO and actually focus on playing for once instead of TOing, you might enjoy it.

Now think about this and let it all sink in before you reply :)

Edit: And names for your child? Fuuuu Madeline, Claire, Audrey, and Madison are some of my favorite girl names.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Samus.

...or maybe Alice.

CY

Smash Ace
if you're bored just quit for however long. brawl isn't a good competitive game so of course it will get old and boring after awhile.

also name her Madison aka Maddie.

R1OT

Smash Cadet
you should name her "deal with it" and she'll pop out wearing sunglasses

and then when she's a toddler papa riot can babysit and i'll read her storybooks about the psychic boy wonder who forged a blade from the fires of brinstar!!!!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i don't know what to say

besides i already KNEW ALL OF THIS *EVEN THE GIRL PART*.. but not the depression :(

i don't think you are depressed xyro, just a bit bored.

:(

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Congrats on the little girl Xyro! I think you should name her Samus too.

Also, I'm incredibly sure that WHOBO is going to be the biggest one yet, possibly the biggest national so far.

And if you are bored, take a break. There are plenty of eligible people here to run tournaments, we just need your name behind it to make it good.

Xyro77

Claire is good! Samus is a NO. Alice is OK. Maddison is OK. Amanda likes SARAH,,,,,,,,,,,,gross

Zori

Smash Champion
dang allan congrats! i know your going to be a good dad cause your really good with kids

name her............ sammy :troll:

Xyro77

I don't wanna jump the gun and quit until I see what whobo has done. If it's trash, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom