• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Be decent at best.
IMO thats ********. When ANYBODY can pick up brawl and practice a bit and become DECENT it shows this game lacks that "learning curve" that melee/marvel2....ect has.

There's still an obvious skill gap which is the whole reason for Ozz (and he's right) complaining that none of you can touch Keith or Timmy and they win EVERYTHING. Because they outright have more skill than all of you. Some by a HUGE amount.

I disagree with you/him big time. I truly dont think gnes/razer/trela...ect are at a higher level than ozz/jerm/espy/me.....ect. There are so many things in this game that GO AGAINST what "smash" and its "rules" are. In other words, look at the entire cast and then look at the following 4.

1. We ban items but yet DIDDY is the ONLY one in the game that has guaranteed items(no i dont count ******** *** link/tlink/peach items). Not only do they HURT you....they TRIP you.

2. Some characters put out OBSCENE amounts of damage in an OVERLY safe way(aka ******** broken hit boxes). SNAKE, pick and move and it can KO you from 10miles away.

3. ******** un-need attributes like aura. Lucario gets STRONGER for taking damage/losing stocks.....are you ****ing kidding me.

4. MK. I wont explain, you already know about this guys.

Ive seen players who are truly AMAZING lose to that^ ******** crap. Ive seen top players PS a banana but still trip and thus get smashed. Ive seen top players make ONE mistake at 48% and a ****ing lucario f-smash kills him because of aura. Ive seen top players get hit by a snake utilt from 50miles away. Ive seen top players get....Metaknight-ed. Nothing like this was in melee.

Im simply saying that it seems like the rules of "no combos" and "no hit/shield stun".....ect dont apply as much to these guys(mk/snake/diddy/lucario) as the rest of the cast and thats why gnes/razer/trela/insert mk player here are so far ahead of us. Those characters literally negate skill. Then combine that with the fact that a **** TON on players here in houston just are not GOOD at smash( i wont name names but you know what im talking about). Yes there are flukes and yes lack of character exp is still around and yes exceptions to the rules are there but over all its the abuse of those chars that make those player "higher level" than us... but imo its not the player.

Off topic kinda but I can honestly say in melee that this **** NEVER happened. Its possible to compete at high with EVERY character in that game cept maybe kirby/yoshi/pichu and it was EARNED. You had to nearly perfect WD/L canceling/spacing/all your chars ATs....ect to be GOOD. If you didnt do that you werent even decent, you were trash.

As gea said, i dont wish any game to have what brawl has.

PS: please dont feel like im picking on certain players. i seriously like all of you. no joke. its just what i feel and my OPINION(opinion) on brawl.

Gea

Smash Master
Careful, Allan. Those players very much do earn their wins. And Melee wasn't exactly balanced either, just there was a larger skillgap and more options which helps negate balance to some degree.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Wait, Im not sure if im seeing the point you guys are trying to make. That brawl isnt supposed/meant to be competitive? Cause we all already know that.

Trying to seriously argue the fun factor in something is pretty dumb and its obvious that there's different skill levels. Like that n ig xyro77 .. been playing smash competitively for quite some years.. and still suggs digg, while ya boi Trela is **** at the game and is able to beat xyro with his own main.

The pre hype.

And omg, wow.. melee is soooo broken. I think there's more viable charcters in brawl than melee. Fox be shine blinding dem poor characters all day. Marth... broken. Sheik.. omg.. falcooo kinda broken. Falcon.. dont get knee'd mah homie g

Xyro77

Careful, Allan. Those players very much do earn their wins. And Melee wasn't exactly balanced either, just there was a larger skillgap and more options which helps negate balance to some degree.
I disagree on some of that "they earn their wins" part but hey its just my opinion. Yea melee wasnt balanced, no fighter is. But its a hell of a lot more balanced than brawl.

Wait, Im not sure if im seeing the point you guys are trying to make. That brawl isnt supposed/meant to be competitive? Cause we all already know that.

Trying to seriously argue the fun factor in something is pretty dumb and its obvious that there's different skill levels. Like that n ig xyro77 .. been playing smash competitively for quite some years.. and still suggs digg, while ya boi Trela is **** at the game and is able to beat xyro with his own main.

The pre hype.

And omg, wow.. melee is soooo broken. I think there's more viable charcters in brawl than melee. Fox be shine blinding dem poor characters all day. Marth... broken. Sheik.. omg.. falcooo kinda broken. Falcon.. dont get knee'd mah homie g
Yea im not gonna argue whats more fun cause thats just opinion. And who cares if trela can SOMETIMES beat me with my main? RT beat him with lucario and so did gnes....lol. WHO CARES. Also, im mad at you. You called me a n ig.

EDIT: i hope that melee paragraph was a joke. There is no way melee is broken.

Xyro77

Melee is pretty damn broken. That jiggs.. that jiggs
Im here to tell you, 2008-2011 melee people are ********. Jiggs is not the best char and not even close to borken(gea back me up here). IMO i still think marth is the best. There is a reason why the 2 best players in the world(ken/m2k) MAINED him.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
oh, im not saying jiggs is the best. I believe its fox and marth equally at the top. Marth prlly slightly over fox..

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Hey Jerm. I've been meaning to tell you. Spirit Tracks is a terrible game. I would rather play Cheetamen II than have to play that game again. Hell, I'd rather play CrazyBus.
You did tell me. Something about the final boss being bad as well.
But this comes off as one saltyyy *** post

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Cheetahmen II is an awesome game. I mean, it has a fall damage. And moonwalking enemies.

Xyro77

It has some amazing music, though. Unlike Crazybus.
The song to cheetamen 2 was the song on that cat mario game thats impossible to beat. Fraking tallman beat cheetman 2 shooting backwards or something like that. its unreal.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The song to cheetamen 2 was the song on that cat mario game thats impossible to beat. Fraking tallman beat cheetman 2 shooting backwards or something like that. its unreal.
Screw that, shooting backwards was an advanced tech.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Man I was having the time of my life with that game. best game ever?? maybe.

Btw..
http://ds.ign.com/objects/143/14333936.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/thelegendofzeldaspirittracks/review.html

http://www.1up.com/reviews/legend-zelda-spirit-tracks-review

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/07/review-the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks/

I hope your not looking into being a video game critic.. cause you woulda got fired like the homie who gave twilight princess a bad score. We zelda fans are too hardcore for yo bs cuuz.

<3

Gea

Smash Master
I hope your not looking into being a video game critic.. cause you woulda got fired like the homie who gave twilight princess a bad score. We zelda fans are too hardcore for yo bs cuuz.

<3
Hey, I'll stuff my opinion if that is what you are paying me to do. However if you ask me to review a game with no constraints, I'll be honest and attempt to be as constructive and clear in my review as possible. IGN is a joke though. If you have ever played GodHand, look up their review for it. Journalism at it's finest.

This is so true. High-lows all day baby, only thing it needed to be a traditional fighter was a grab lol
Competitive Zelda II? I'd play that ****... until someone times me out with Fairy :(

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ign isnt the only one I linked.. nor are they the ones that fired the twilight princess reviewer. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion.. just found it random that you would throw that out there in the middle of a debate. I also didnt get the point you were trying to prove to me.. knowing I enjoyed the game and knowing that your opinion wouldnt change my mind about the game.

But as you can see.. im not the only one who enjoyed the game. It was definitely a success overall.

Gea

Smash Master
Ign isnt the only one I linked.. nor are they the ones that fired the twilight princess reviewer. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion.. just found it random that you would throw that out there in the middle of a debate. I also didnt get the point you were trying to prove to me.. knowing I enjoyed the game and knowing that your opinion wouldnt change my mind about the game.

But as you can see.. im not the only one who enjoyed the game. It was definitely a success overall.
I wasn't talking about why it scored high reviews so much as why IGN was trash. Of course it faired decently, so did Other M with reviews and that was a bad game. It's just funny to see that when a large fanbase or money isn't on the line what they will really say about a game they dislike. This goes for all reviewers.

There was a debate going on? I thought you were just saying random **** to try and troll Allan.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Na, im always serious. Allan is the one that trolls.. he admitted it.

And im really not about to argue whether spirit tracks is good or not. I liked it.. it made enough money, and others liked it. So no complaints for me there.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I disagree with you/him big time. I truly dont think gnes/razer/trela...ect are at a higher level than ozz/jerm/espy/me.....ect. There are so many things in this game that GO AGAINST what "smash" and its "rules" are. In other words, look at the entire cast and then look at the following 4.
2. Some characters put out OBSCENE amounts of damage in an OVERLY safe way(aka ******** broken hit boxes). SNAKE, pick and move and it can KO you from 10miles away.
K so you are obviously talking about snake. I agree it is obscene damage on his moves. Although saying it is OVERLY safe is almost an idiotic statement if you know how the character works. Yes I know you mean his hit box and how far it is. Some characters can punish snake's, even perfectly spaced, attacks. Most characters can punish even if it is not PS. If you PS, you can punish anything. D3 can punish attacks even when not power shielded. Tethers can grab him. It is the worst idea as snake to go in and try to attack with his hit boxes. Most characters can retaliate with an attack. More technically speaking, you can SDI snake's ftilt behind him and punish. Learn snake and his weaknesses and it will become dramatically easier.

Im simply saying that it seems like the rules of "no combos" and "no hit/shield stun".....ect dont apply as much to these guys(mk/snake/diddy/lucario) as the rest of the cast and thats why gnes/razer/trela/insert mk player here are so far ahead of us. Those characters literally negate skill. Then combine that with the fact that a **** TON on players here in houston just are not GOOD at smash( i wont name names but you know what im talking about). Yes there are flukes and yes lack of character exp is still around and yes exceptions to the rules are there but over all its the abuse of those chars that make those player "higher level" than us... but imo its not the player.
Wrong. Every character has some sort of combo and varies all on %. 2 hits can be a combo. Snake? Combos? LOLROFLMAOWTFBBQHELICOPTER? Snake has no true combos. All of his moves you can SDI out of. How does snake not have "no hit/shield stun"? Is this bad reasoning why I'm so far ahead of you guys? Snake does not negate skill. Worried about his damage output and tilt range? Shield and punish. Kk kool beans bro. And your last statement, says it is the abuse of those character that make me "higher" level than you the rest of you and not the player. Just because you like us doesn't mean you're not picking on us. You are directly taking away MY WHOLE career of Brawl solely because I use Snake? ********. I've used Snake since my first tournament. If snake was so amazing and broken, I wouldn't of started off at 17th three tournaments in a row. Obviously couldn't of been snake since I got 9th with GW at HOBO 9 as I did with Snake the next two tournaments. You have seen me grow with Snake and have gotten better with Snake.

You make it SOUND like it is impossible to beat us because of our characters. Seriously? Let me spit some past facts. San beat Gnes and I and most of Houston already. I've lost to countless D3s. Roy has beaten me even when I was on top. Espy has beaten Gnes and I before. Trela has beaten me before. Swordguard beat Gnes at Apex. Why can't smoom do it?
Cable, a DK, defeated Trela at Apex. Larry defeated Gnes and I already. Kosmos has beaten Gnes. Why can't illmatic do it? Samboner beat me.

You make it sound like you are on our same level skill wise which I don't believe. I believe we really are above the rest of you in Houston skill wise. Our characters do help us like me vs illmatic (snake vs peach), but it is not entirely the character that carries us to win. The way you talk makes it seem like you can just pick up a higher tier character and can automatically do as well as us. Why don't you do it?

Sorry, but ozz has already talked about this. There is a skill gap in Houston ESPECIALLY if we have been winning for almost 2 years. It is not solely our characters doing it. Step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom