• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

Cook

Smash Master
Sounds good. I dunno how accurate the results will be, though, because Peach is really hard for Olimar in doubles, but it's not like anyone else will use her. But it may make it seem like my Oli+your whatever is worse than it actually is. But yeah, we'll see what happens.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Sorry FAE but the housing people are providing is for OoS. I'm really pushing it already so they get top top priority. Don't you live in StL?
Can you/someone bring me up to date on Saturday night Melee housing? I've been away for a week or so.

EDIT: Thanks for the update.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Is that list of attendees correct and updated for Brawl? 7 Hours for 40 people seems kinda low...
Definitely not correct, there's probably more. If they actually go through with it, peeps from Wisconsin and Arkansas are coming too. (Blerg...need to figure out housing - which will be updated soon but everyone WILL have housing!!!)

And what do you mean 7 hours?

Yeah, I live in STL, but my mom has to work on Sunday. I'll probably just have to miss the side events.
You can't get a ride? Go to the StL thread and see if anybody can. I would be but I'll be busy with the tournament..... :ohwell:

Kel

Smash Master
having a general estimate of attendees is pertinent to our interests (our meaning Overswarm and I).

St Louis is 7 hours from Cincinnati, isn't it? Maybe 6. I don't remember, I haven't been there since a Melee circuit 3 years ago or something.

Also, OS and I would probably need housing Friday/ Saturday if we ended up going. Would that work out?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I may be bringing as many as 8 Illinoians and it's likely we'd need housing on Friday night and likely Saturday night. Who wants the honor of welcoming us into their humble abode?

I'll update soon as to how many people will actually be coming with.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Yeah guys we have a whole **** load of housing available. Just depends on your preference for Melee/Brawl.

DLA, we might have to split your group up, but it's Rauleen's call if you all are gonna' stay at one place or not. If Nicole can't go we lost one housing option so we're kinda' looking for more.

Radium88

Smash Lord
having a general estimate of attendees is pertinent to our interests (our meaning Overswarm and I).

St Louis is 7 hours from Cincinnati, isn't it? Maybe 6. I don't remember, I haven't been there since a Melee circuit 3 years ago or something.

Also, OS and I would probably need housing Friday/ Saturday if we ended up going. Would that work out?
It's less than 6 hours so you should come. Bring moar peeps!

Yeah guys we have a whole **** load of housing available. Just depends on your preference for Melee/Brawl.

DLA, we might have to split your group up, but it's Rauleen's call if you all are gonna' stay at one place or not. If Nicole can't go we lost one housing option so we're kinda' looking for more.
Um...not quite true on the first part but there WILL be housing regardless. I have a last resort plan which I'd prefer not to execute but if I must, then it's go go gadget.

I may be bringing as many as 8 Illinoians and it's likely we'd need housing on Friday night and likely Saturday night. Who wants the honor of welcoming us into their humble abode?

I'll update soon as to how many people will actually be coming with.
Are you coming with anybody that has not posted or is on the IL list.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Are you coming with anybody that has not posted or is on the IL list.
I sure hope so, since I'm not even on the list lol.

Other than that, I should be bringing a few more people from northern IL who haven't signed up. I'm pretty confident that I'll be bringing 8.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I cant remember the last time Ive seen david finish a match, David usually just gives up if hes not winning or rage quits all together. Plus he doesnt have the experience that QTP has, Im not
going to cry if im not qualified for crews (because i havent been) and i wouldnt expect anyone else too. Its up for discussion but it's really not that big of a deal. We might just scratch crews all together if we cant reach a compromise.

QTP in crews, ill work on getting his tourney placings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jumHSIJaKWM
lol your dumb.

I don't know why my giving up as snake in friendlies means I wouldn't try in crews.

Pretty sure STL would be better off with me in the crew.

Just sayin

I don't really care about singles much but I would like to see stl do well cause I think a lot of cats from here have potential and if I was in crews I would actually try (And ralalalalalape with ICs)

-Future

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Totally going! Can't wait to meet even more people! :D

I may or may not do doubles. Depends on if someone wants to team with an unknown Kirby scrub player. LOL. I'm totally willing to team with anyone I have never teamed with, or else doubles is a no-go for me XD

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I was just wondering since Nicole can't house Iowa anyone more, who is going to house us now? Need to know for planning purposes.

MetalMusicMan

I was just wondering since Nicole can't house Iowa anyone more, who is going to house us now? Need to know for planning purposes.
I was planning on housing half of you-- how many of you are there total? PM me or something, I could maybe squeeze in some extra into my apartment but it might be tight.

Radium88

Smash Lord
There should be a total of 12 or 11 of us coming I believe.
Fer realsies? That's pretty sweet.

Totally going! Can't wait to meet even more people! :D

I may or may not do doubles. Depends on if someone wants to team with an unknown Kirby scrub player. LOL. I'm totally willing to team with anyone I have never teamed with, or else doubles is a no-go for me XD
Sweet!

I am less than 50% sure on this now T_T
:urg:

I sure hope so, since I'm not even on the list lol.

Other than that, I should be bringing a few more people from northern IL who haven't signed up. I'm pretty confident that I'll be bringing 8.
Heh, well I mean does this 8 include anybody from the IL list is what I was going for, heh.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm one of the Illinoisans coming with DLA. You can put me down as Zwarm on the OP.

Also, anyone want to team with me for doubles? I can use any of the 3 characters in my signature, depending on whoever my partner uses. So yea... hype!

EDIT: Uhh, fail. My signature decided not to show up, so my three characters are ROB, Pikachu, and Dedede. Let me know if you want to team!

Cook

Smash Master
Man, David, it's not like there are firm plans to not have you on the crew. I figure the fairest thing is to just see how everyone actually does the day of the tournament. The way I see it, me, Nicole, David, Will, Corey, Dustin, Kit, and Jordan could all potentially be on the crew. Just depends on who is on that day and who is off. I dunno whether these crews are still happening, though, because Wichita is having some sort of drama issues and both Domo and Zeton are refusing to play in crews. I guess that's good for us? I dunno, it's dumb.

MJG

Smash Hero
Man, David, it's not like there are firm plans to not have you on the crew. I figure the fairest thing is to just see how everyone actually does the day of the tournament. The way I see it, me, Nicole, David, Will, Corey, Dustin, Kit, and Jordan could all potentially be on the crew. Just depends on who is on that day and who is off. I dunno whether these crews are still happening, though, because Wichita is having some sort of drama issues and both Domo and Zeton are refusing to play in crews. I guess that's good for us? I dunno, it's dumb.
Zeton will most likely be in. His loss if he isn't. I doubt domo will want to do crews (Im not sure about his reasoning behind that)

Our crews will be: MK, MK, MK, MK, MK, MK

lol

MetalMusicMan

There should be a total of 12 or 11 of us coming I believe.
12? That's awesome! I know 12 people can fit in my apartment and all play smash comfortably-- I do that every week when I host. I'm more worried about the sleeping space, but maybe it won't be that bad.

...however it might be too awesome for me to contain, lol, so I wanna be sure. I'll look at my living room tonight and try to get a better idea of my max capacity. One thing for sure though, if I somehow can fit that many, it's probably going to be PACKED arm to arm, lol.

I can house Fri night / Sat night and then Sunday morning / afternoon / maybe evening but not overnight on Sunday.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah I don't think I'm comin either

24 hour bus ride = lol
bus prices = kind of lol

:( midwest I will visit you sooooon.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
The list:

1. DLA
2. Corms
3. Kain
4. Rob Gambino
5. Zwarm
6. Kappy
7. Chewwy
8. Deez

Ook's Car:

1. Ook
2. Arty
3. Sothe

Kirk's Car (maybe):

1. Kirk?

Oranos's Car:

1. Oranos
2. Ripple?
Not sure if he wants to drive anyone else, it's up to him. Maybe the southern IL guys can drive with him?

Maybe list

1. Dajay?
2. Zozefup?
3. Kirk?
4. Oro-?
5. Scythe?
This is from my signup blog on AiB. Everyone who isn't in the Maybe list is almost definitely going, so go ahead and sign them all up.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I, on the other hand, am (most likely) able to come to this now!

Try to contain your enthusiasm, everyone.

MetalMusicMan

Okay, Milk / Rauleen, go ahead and put me down for ALL of Iowa.

It's gonna be tight, but I'm almost positive that I can fit up to 11 or 12 people sleeping. I'll have 2 on my room on the floor and the rest distributed throughout the living room floor / couch.

Pack light and bring a pillow and a blanket and you guys are welcome to my floor space :)

A word of caution though, my neighbors above me who recently moved in are gay... so I don't know how they'll react to this if we go nuts. We don't really have to "be quiet" at all, we just can't start going absolutely nuts once it gets around 11pm or midnight.

----

EDIT:

lmfao, wow, it's really ironic that I just made this post at the same time as you made that post, Nicole... my page wasn't refreshed and I already had it up so I didn't see yours >_< so do I need to house all of Iowa still or not? lmfao

also HOORAY YOU'RE COMING AGAIN

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
A word of caution though, my neighbors above me who recently moved in are gay... so I don't know how they'll react to this if we go nuts. We don't really have to "be quiet" at all, we just can't start going absolutely nuts once it gets around 11pm or midnight.
I think they'll be fine with you going "nuts". ;)

Look at me, I'm the next stand up comedian! LAWLLAWLALWLALWLALWLALW

But srsly, it is the internet mind you, good **** on Nicole hopefully being able to come. I would've missed you. :(

Radium88

Smash Lord
12? That's awesome! I know 12 people can fit in my apartment and all play smash comfortably-- I do that every week when I host. I'm more worried about the sleeping space, but maybe it won't be that bad.

...however it might be too awesome for me to contain, lol, so I wanna be sure. I'll look at my living room tonight and try to get a better idea of my max capacity. One thing for sure though, if I somehow can fit that many, it's probably going to be PACKED arm to arm, lol.

I can house Fri night / Sat night and then Sunday morning / afternoon / maybe evening but not overnight on Sunday.
YOU are too awesome. Hopefully you can figure it out. If you can't fit all of IA tell me.

yeah I don't think I'm comin either

24 hour bus ride = lol
bus prices = kind of lol

:( midwest I will visit you sooooon.
Understandable. I wouldn't go on a 24 hour bus ride either.

This is from my signup blog on AiB. Everyone who isn't in the Maybe list is almost definitely going, so go ahead and sign them all up.
Awesome sauce! Thanks for that list!

pound 4 drained some peoples finances. now i have no one to go with. so i wont be attending this.
*sigh* Over 9000 :( Hope I get to see Sago and you some other time. Maybe I'll head up there for a tournament so I could see Fatboy and Grimace too.

Sorry but tourney is cancelled guys.
JK

[Edit]

I, on the other hand, am (most likely) able to come to this now!

Try to contain your enthusiasm, everyone.
YAAAAAY!! Good news to overtake bad new. How did you do it? You gave her an apple didn't you? This isn't why I am excited though but thought I'd ask, still no on the housing?

Top Bottom