• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
cool so I don't have to house anyone?

I can offer something that Will,Nicole, Phil, and Corey can't...

BEDS lol

Radium88

Smash Lord
cool so I don't have to house anyone?

I can offer something that Will,Nicole, Phil, and Corey can't...

BEDS lol

No, I'm pretty you are still housing....Nebraska melee kids... is that cool? Or is that in reference to the joke?

And sorry Will. Yeah I thought about it and put that spoiler in just in case. :p Legan gave me the bright idea when WI cancelled. (Which I'm still sad about....what about sharing the bed with Legan or me or BOTH?! )

And double just in case, NOT CANCELLED! But commence anxiety attacks!!!

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm pretty you are still housing....Nebraska melee kids... is that cool? Or is that in reference to the joke?
oh the original post has my name blank so I thought you didn't need my capacity. As long as they don't smoke its fine by me.

MJG

Smash Hero
Hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well saturday is saturgay because that's when brawl is being played, and for that reason I won't be there until sunday. i may just drive myself if it comes to that but ill try to snag a carpool

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype
I concur.

TP

Smash Master
Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
wow quit spamming the thread with huge annoying quotes. why do locals always do this? it's really lame to spam and bump your own tourny's thread.
Yep, now I feel no remorse for saying that vegans are ******s.
You've made this judgment after meeting how many vegans?
You've never even met me.
Cook, please stop talking to me. I'm flattered that you want to give me so much attention, but really, stop.

And I've got to say that the STL brawl community from what I've seen is pretty poor. It's a shame, the melee players are really cool.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
wow quit spamming the thread with huge annoying quotes. why do locals always do this? it's really lame to spam and bump your own tourny's thread.

You've made this judgment after meeting how many vegans?
You've never even met me.
Cook, please stop talking to me. I'm flattered that you want to give me so much attention, but really, stop.

And I've got to say that the STL brawl community from what I've seen is pretty poor. It's a shame, the melee players are really cool.
Stop.
You are judging our community as a whole based on Nicole and Cook making a joke, and you taking it far too serious.
You're a vegan, cool.
They make jokes about Vegans, whatever.
You take it far too serious, not cool and doesn't need to turn into something.

The STL Brawl community got this tourney together, decided to host Melee (Though we didn't have to in the first place.), is finding the Melee OoS housing, the Brawl players offering Melee players housing if worse comes to worse, and whatever else.

If this constitutes us as being a poor community for whatever reason, I have never learned the correct definition of the word poor. We like to have fun, crack jokes, and just all together try not to take things too seriously, and not be uptight.

I'm sorry what Cook said made you irate or whatever, but I mean, please, next time just brush it aside. I don't want to come in this thread, and see bull**** every other post. I want to see productive conversation about housing, tourney things, blah blah. Not "Oh you are a dumb butt." "OH NO YOU'RE DUMB".

I'm not trying to start more drama by doing this, but FFS, I'm just trying to get this **** running smooth, k?

Please, just everyone stop causing drama, and just let the tourney weekend run smooth.

Also MJG, your Lucario vs my Link, and then your TL vs my Lucario. ;)

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
lmfao cook I <3 you. no homo

Edit: Me coming to this is looking less and less likely. I blame Razor. As should the rest of you.
:\ Try and make it anyway!

Luke, neither the number nor caliber of players would influence whether or not I would go to a tournament, if I'm not terribly interested in entering either singles or doubles(no teammate) already. I'm definitely not returning for Sunday if I have to go home Saturday night, though.

*Edit* Would I have to pay venue fee both days, if I went? I'll try and bring at least a partial setup...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey, there is a chance I may come to this, but...well, let me explain.

So it was new years and I wanted to visit my old roommate in Batavia, IL, and then Chicago, very close to that and my car broke down in Rochelle, IL, which is near Dixon. I got a ride back to Nebraska due to a very very nice person and my general charm?

Point is I would need a ride from the tournament to either Batvaia where my roommates parents live or the actual autoshop. Money or whatever else and possibly me sandbagging to you at the tournament if applicable!

I still need a ride, probably from Trent if he has room.

Cook

Smash Master
Eh, I am just tired of Melee>Brawl and have no tolerance for things that annoy me. Bringing such stuff to the Brawl thread when there is a Melee thread is even more annoying.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
What happened to PS2? O_o

I never really play that stage but that's like the most legal counter I can think of. That's like banning hamburgers for fat content and keeping fries, milkshakes, and a bucket of lard.

You guys are so silly.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
PS2 and Norfair were taken off a long time ago at the beginning of the tournament. It's never been legal at any STL tournament as far as I know, though... There may be a small chance of PS2 in future tournaments since we are (or at least I am) considering enabling it after some THOROUGH testing, but it's doubtful. I doubt Norfair will ever be reinstated though.

If you read some of the last few pages you can see more of my thoughts on the issue. I have no problem with Japes or Pictochat and think they should pretty much always be legal and made sure that they were. With Norfair I've played it a lot in tournament and I just don't see any reason for it to ever be on, but PS2 is a stage that I, admittedly, more or less assumed was bad... so I will have to give it a fair chance and do some testing in the future.

You should still come though, OS :D

You can have your anti-MK stance and I can have my more conservative but still not EC-******** stage preferences and then we can agree on like 90% of everything else, lmfao.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Eh, I may. I generally don't travel unless the stage list and rules are basically 99% what I want. No reason to do so otherwise. If nothing else is going on I might show up, but having no PS2 and Norfair without actual tournament destruction just makes :(

Depends what goes on this weekend I guess

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Eh, I am just tired of Melee>Brawl and have no tolerance for things that annoy me. Bringing such stuff to the Brawl thread when there is a Melee thread is even more annoying.
If you are tired of Melee>Brawl, perhaps Tomacawk is tired of Meat>Vegan. Cawk didn't pale away from a rational discussion about Vegan vs Omnivore, he provided his reasons and various facts. He said the Brawl community poor, not nice, but he was drawing a conclusion based on an objective observation of STL Brawl players respective skill compared to other cities/regions of it's relative size, not hospitality/kindness. Whether he is right or wrong is up for debate featuring evidence of placings and records, but understand that it was not a shameless personal attack, but an observation based on some method of measuring player skill/performance, (right or wrong).

Cook: You can't get very far with the "i have no tolerance for things that annoy me" attitude. Tons of things annoy all of us. If you dislike his ideas on Melee vs Brawl, then you can either discuss it the way that discussion has always happened, rationally and with reason. Or you can not talk about it. As soon as you dip to the level of ad hominem, you admit defeat and enter flail-like-a-fish mode.

The only reason I weighed in is because everyone, even those moderating this page are failing to realize that Cook is the one causing all the problems by deviating from legitimate discussion and into personal attack. Instead, everyone here is trying to sell the preconceived narrative of "Hey, look at _____, they don't have as many friends in this thread as I do. I don't like them so lets all gang up on him because he has no defense." It happens to me all the time so I'm calling it out here.

Simply, Cook is most at fault for generalizations of vegans not based whatsoever in his observation and study of vegans and their behavior/sexual preferance, but instead is merely inserting the word "vegan" as a placeholder for "Tomacawk" in order to disguise a blatantly personal and otherwise punishable attack. Long explanation for a simple act, but expose the tricks behind the drama and they won't try to get away with it.

Very excited for this tournament.

Top Bottom