• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hold Still and Lemme Shoot Ya! - Falco Video Archive [6.0]

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Some fun vids to watch GIMR. I didn't know you played Falco. Nice match against both Snake and Peach. At the beginning you weren't doing SHDL correctly in the Snake match. That could've been purpose, but it's not that big of deal.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Here are 2 vids of me playing a crew battle. Nothing special but other vids showing me weren't recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfOPLEf_EQA&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8M_PQIP0M&feature=feedu
Not sure if you're just starting out with Falco, but it's kinda sloppy so far :\ I saw like 3 mins of the first vid, and I'm thinking to myself "What is he doing?" most of the time. You're not bad, but there's definitely room for improvement. Ask someone like Kasper to critique your matches in the critique thread. I'm sure he'll help you out :)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Not sure if you're just starting out with Falco, but it's kinda sloppy so far :\ I saw like 3 mins of the first vid, and I'm thinking to myself "What is he doing?" most of the time. You're not bad, but there's definitely room for improvement. Ask someone like Kasper to critique your matches in the critique thread. I'm sure he'll help you out :)
Yea thats probably something I should've said. Instead of just saying "your videos are bad" Sorry.

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
To be honest I don't even know what I'm doing. Sometimes I think about what doing next and how to counter a strategy but generally I just autopilot. And yeah I picked Falco recently because other characters aren't working for me. Thanks for the advice to get critiqued.
I just need to get to know which move I should use at which time. For me it's hard to choose the appropriate moves.
But for playing Brawl competetive since 4 month it isn't that bad, especially becauce the nearest smasher is 1 hour away from me.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Yeah, just start learning each of Falco's moves and just start getting accustomed to how the character works. I would suggest to start out by just learning how to short hop double laser (do a short hop, and when Falco reaches the top of the jump, press B twice. If done correctly, there won't be any landing lag so you're free to do anything). I think this is one of the most important things to learn when starting out with Falco (aside from learning what his moves are and what they do). Camping is vital to the Falco metagame, so essentially, you would want to learn what makes his camping game so good to begin with.

After that, get into your mind that Jab and Ftilt are both broken. Once you've learned these things, just start practicing! This character has a lot of tools for you to work with, so just experimenting.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Getting good with your character.

I learned from the other boards that if you battle for a week with out using the same moves you would be less predictable and better character. No joke it works I've just did it for a week I personaly got better and my falco in general got so much better.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

I would recommend not using d-tilt, its not that safe, but the only place I'd be ok using it I guess is when your opponent is on the ledge.

swordsaint

Smash Master
sometimes if i get a grab in chaingrab %'s but i'm too close to the ledge to BPG, I'll dthrow them until the edge then jab > dtilt > jab dtilt. if they DI wrong it racks up nicely.

Top Bottom