• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 12= NO METAKNIGHT! (the REAL results)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Xyro even though the teams was a bit messed up, it was an event and thus you should feel obligated to post it.

CH4 was completely ****ed up (NO seeding), and the results were still posted.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
if you want them that bad i can get them. but to question me as a TO just cause i didnt post up a INACCURATE, LOW TURNOUT, NON SERIOUS, SIDE EVENT.....thats ********

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
if you want them that bad i can get them. but to question me as a TO just cause i didnt post up a INACCURATE, LOW TURNOUT, NON SERIOUS, SIDE EVENT.....thats ********
If it was such a low turnout, non serious tournament, then it shouldn't be too hard to put up the results, right?

People just want to see how things ended up going, despite what happened to the team tournament.

Results don't always have to be super-serious, you know.

And lol, everything Inui does is questionable...
gotta love the elitist for just being who they are

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
results should still be posted, but just put like a note saying that there was no losers bracket or w/e

full ch4 results still never got put up did they?

still, iv never seen anyone flat out not put up doubles cause they dont feel like it lol, or consider it a side event.

Xyro77

still, iv never seen anyone flat out not put up doubles cause they dont feel like it lol, or consider it a side event.
well now you have. theres a first for every thing.

BTW. hobo11 and 10 were like that too. i dint want to post up doubles so i didnt.

Niko_K

Smash Master
You are seriously the dumbest TO I've ever associated myself with over this network known as the internet.

You type like you are, well, 13.

Cmon now, do you really need to argue with all of us, it's quite obvious that the normal thing to do is post the results, because people are curious. Not because you are the authority known as the TO so you do what you want.

Xyro77

You are seriously the dumbest TO I've ever associated myself with over this network known as the internet.

Cmon now, do you really need to argue with all of us, it's quite obvious that the normal thing to do is post the results, because people are curious. Not because you are the authority known as the TO so you do what you want.

is SWF a college level english course? nope? is it a HS or middle school level english course? no. there is no need to type correctly.

i will talk,type,and speak the way i want. you can accept it or u cant. pick one.

and i dont want to post up teams........guess what.....i wont.

u can accept that too...or you cant. either way. teams will be posted up if i feell like it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
WTF? Get back to your own regional forum... it's none of your guy's business if he posts it up or not -_- Also, haranguing him for his decision is just going to increase his stubbornness with respect to the matter, as is usually the case, especially over the internet.

Also, a doubles trny that's one game per round and no loser's bracket is barely a doubles trny... otherwise I'd be more adamant.

I just hope you come to the realization, Allan, that doubles isn't JUST A SIDE EVENT, it's just as important and "technical" (I use the word freely), as singles is, and deserves the same respect.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Lol This is getting silly.

Shoutouts:
Everyone who came to my tourney: <3. Much homo.

Just out of curiosity, how many people would come to an event in December if I were to hold one at the same venue? This is a really far fetched, but if by some chance a ton of smashers have time during December, I could probably have another tourney.

Xyro77

Shoutouts:

Just out of curiosity, how many people would come to an event in December if I were to hold one at the same venue? This is a really far fetched, but if by some chance a ton of smashers have time during December, I could probably have another tourney.
i would but remember, finals and family time is gonna be a big deal for people in december.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow @ people telling this guy what to do with the results from his tournament. Niko you're in Canada, you shouldn't even be here lol.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
These teams shouldnt even be mentioned since it was TOTALLY inaccurate. Not a little but totally. Seriously. You think 1 game decides a set and grand finals? Lawl at these people.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

Shoutouts:

I would probally go but i would need a ride because its too far =/

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Sachi

Smash Rookie

I think I love you, Niko.

I'd have to agree with this. Its ridiculous. Just post the teams results, no matter how screwed up they are - people are obviously curious about how they did, or how their friends did. Saying "I'm the TO I can do what I want!" just makes you a d**k. =\

Zori

Smash Champion

Shoutouts:

please do this.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, DO IT. IT WILL PLEASE ME.

Don't make me angry!

Anywho, good job running the tourney. It was done very efficiently. :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
yea i would be down for a december HOBO. as long as it's somewhere in the middle of december.
Why do all of your sigs usually involve Black people? Obama to Jamaica? I c whut u did thar. gg.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Your complaining/condeming/ being a 13 year old doesnt phase me. You will ACCEPT what i choose to do( teams wont be posted) or you will STFU. I run HOBOs and the smash event at that anime thingy u wanna attend so plz be a normal, civil person or it will be a MASSIVE disapointment when you show up for WHOBO and not be able to play in it. And yes, i can do that and yes i will do that if need be(but honestly, i want you to come to tx, you are a good player). I really dont wanna sound like a ***** but all you do is complain non-stop about nearly everything that happens. Im willin to bet your a liberal too, am i right?
Way to overreact, buddy.

You blatantly said you do not care about teams and stated you don't even care enough to post it. That is terrible. Anyone has the right to complain about that. You should try pleasing your players a lot more. I make sure to have whatever rules and events my state's players want, which is why my events greatly surpass every other one in size.

I am not asking for too much. In this case, it seems that teams had issues, so it's understandable, but you blatantly saying you didn't care was bad.

I'm a conservative, btw. I voted all Republican on election day. Conservatives can complain a lot, too.

now about the 2vs2 brackets.

Im sorry but 1vs1 is the main event and teams or low tier are side events. I will always have them but they do not hold any weight against 1vs1. So if i choose to not post or if i delete teams results........boo hoo. plz pull out your cel phone and call some one who cares.....cause i dont.
See, this is what I am talking about. That is a terrible way to act towards your players and it's terrible to just say "teams doesn't matter and I don't care about teams" because a LOT of players care more about teams and have more fun with teams.

Btw, this is indeed a concern of mine regardless of me not living in Texas because I am very interested in attending Texas events. I don't want to spend a huge sum of money to go to Texas only to be incredibly disappointed by bad rules, teams not happening, etc.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
^ Teams will happen at WHOBO. Its a big event so no matter what it will happen and since it might be national, it will probally be posted. Just go lol.

Xyro77

Wow @ people telling this guy what to do with the results from his tournament. Niko you're in Canada, you shouldn't even be here lol.
THANK YOU. i mean that.

These teams shouldnt even be mentioned since it was TOTALLY inaccurate. Not a little but totally. Seriously. You think 1 game decides a set and grand finals? Lawl at these people.
again, thank you.

Btw, this is indeed a concern of mine regardless of me not living in Texas because I am very interested in attending Texas events. I don't want to spend a huge sum of money to go to Texas only to be incredibly disappointed by bad rules, teams not happening, etc.
Relax, there will be teams and there will be 1vs1s. There is ALWAYS those 2 events at my HOBOs. WHOBO may have low tier as well. i havnt decided. plz know that if u do come....2vs2 and 1vs1 will happen 100% and METAKNIGHT is allowed. for rules and stuff. check out the houston thread. if there is some thing you see that is truly messed up and it prevents you from showing up. PM me and ill see what i can do.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I posted top 4 teams from Hobo11. I was disappointed that TGM didn't though. I enjoy teams more then singles and like keeping track of teams in tournaments.

I've never hounded TGM about it though. TGM I ask you to respectfully recognize that a lot of people really do care about team results. That's all.

Xyro77

I posted top 4 teams from Hobo11. I was disappointed that TGM didn't though. I enjoy teams more then singles and like keeping track of teams in tournaments.

I've never hounded TGM about it though. TGM I ask you to respectfully recognize that a lot of people really do care about team results. That's all.
thanks hylian. ill get them from stiltz and post it up

Inui

Banned via Warnings
All right, Hylian, I understand. I am the same way with Atomsk over here. Maybe I should get him to go.

Btw, I do have some problems with the rules, Xyro77.

Counter-pick: Port Town, Luigi Mansion, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Delfino, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Pirate Ship, Pictochat, Jungle japes, Corneria, Nofair, Yoshi island(pipes), Green Greens, Onett, Pokemon Stadium 2
I saw these as legal stages in the thread linked to from AiB. Port Town, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pictochat, Norfair, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Green Greens, and Onett absolutely must be banned. If you need any of these stages explained, I will explain why they are abysmal for competitive play. Pokemon Stadium 2 is debatable, but I personally would want it banned and it's usually banned over here.

Also, I am very concerned over the payouts. If the event is going to be very large, you should be paying out top 5 in singles and top 4 in teams like FAST did. It's really unfair to not pay out more spots at huge events and every other huge regional/national tournament has paid out more than top 3.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
All right, Hylian, I understand. I am the same way with Atomsk over here. Maybe I should get him to go.

Btw, I do have some problems with the rules, Xyro77.

I saw these as legal stages in the thread linked to from AiB. Port Town, Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Pictochat, Norfair, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Green Greens, and Onett absolutely must be banned. If you need any of these stages explained, I will explain why they are abysmal for competitive play. Pokemon Stadium 2 is debatable, but I personally would want it banned and it's usually banned over here.

Also, I am very concerned over the payouts. If the event is going to be very large, you should be paying out top 5 in singles and top 4 in teams like FAST did. It's really unfair to not pay out more spots at huge events and every other huge regional/national tournament has paid out more than top 3.
The stage list is made from his community. He had a lot of those stages banned before but a lot of texans argued with him and we had a huge stage debate. I think(aside from Onett) that his stage list is completly taken from the SBR stage list so don't put a lot of blame on him. We have already had this stage discussion a TON. Sorry if you don't like the stages :/. I love a lot of them and I don't like some but no one ever complains at our tournaments about them or online anymore that lives in texas so you're respectfully going to have to deal with them if you come here :).

Practice up on the ones you are worried about and think about ones you want to ban. We use the stage strike system here as well so neutrals are fine.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So like...those completely unviable stages that are absolutely not fit for competitve play are legal? All of them? PORT TOWN? This is not a joke?

I can write essays on each stage proving that they are absolutely not fit for competitive play whatsoever if needed.

heytallman

CTALL
So like...those completely unviable stages that are absolutely not fit for competitve play are legal? All of them? PORT TOWN? This is not a joke?

I can write essays on each stage proving that they are absolutely not fit for competitive play whatsoever if needed.
I bet you've had bad experiences on some of these stages, yes? I'm sorry, but no johns. I know that myself and others would rather not hear them.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I bet you've had bad experiences on some of these stages, yes? I'm sorry, but no johns. I know that myself and others would rather not hear them.
Yes, and no. I've had both good and bad.

This isn't about that.

Those stages have many aspects that make them absolutely not fit for competitive play.

I can honestly write an essay for every stage. They are horrendous and not skill-based and just all-around terrible in terms of competitive play.

port town

PORT TOWN

PORT TOWN

Why? How? I can't fathom how anyone could think this stage is legal.

heytallman

CTALL
Those stages have many aspects that make them absolutely not fit for competitive play.

I can't fathom how anyone could think this stage is legal.
While I kinda agree about Port Town (I think it should be banned, but I don't think its as bad as other stages), I give you this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

and

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

Obviously the SBR thought they were at least viable for competetive play, and gave TO's some disgretion about what to ban or allow for CP. So....I don't see why you keep johning here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I do not care about a list created by the likes of Overswarm and LeeHarris and other players that obviously shouldn't be in there. They made an extremely bad stage list that no TO in Atlantic North follows for very good reasons.

Do you honestly need stages like Corneria and Yoshi Pipes explained? Really?

Top Bottom