• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hit You Again- RIT's got hype 4/10

Slashy

Smash Lord
EGS has never had any clue about any type of competitive game or how to run tournaments for them, they are a bunch of casual gamers who get scared by the notion of anything involving work or real competition.
I guess I have to remind myself that they set up a tournament for Color a Dinosaur.

They also run tournaments despite not having content unlocked. I offered to help out during the Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing tournament and even told them a simple way to unlock everything.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
It might not be an issue :/. I can definitely make you a gct with these codes on it then.

-75m is Wifi Waiting Room.
-Skyworld has cloud platforms.
-Level freezer (Wario Ware, Spear Pillar)
-Luigi's Mansion has slown animations
-Custom CSS
-No Random Tripping
-Triple Jump Glitch Fix
-Name Tags in Replays
-Infinite Replays
-Unrestricted Control Editing
Don't sweat it slashy, I've an extra SD I'm not using anyway. Pretty sure that EGS doesn't want anything that affects gameplay, given that they need a standard to run a tourney by (and it'll be sakurai's, no one else's.)

Not that any of those stage hacks you mention matter given that none of them are even CP except weegee's mansion. Anyways, it's probably best to literally just get that replay code running in most cases, because EGS will hate it forever if they get confused seeing people set things up, or experience any drama in any shape or form.

Wait what time do we have to be out of the venue by?

The posters say 1PM til "whenever." Don't count on that much flexibility.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Don't sweat it slashy, I've an extra SD I'm not using anyway. Pretty sure that EGS doesn't want anything that affects gameplay, given that they need a standard to run a tourney by (and it'll be sakurai's, no one else's.)

Not that any of those stage hacks you mention matter given that none of them are even CP except weegee's mansion. Anyways, it's probably best to literally just get that replay code running in most cases, because EGS will hate it forever if they get confused seeing people set things up, or experience any drama in any shape or form.

I think I should set up my own tournament around here (not necessarily on campus), so I don't need to follow their rules.

Slashy

Smash Lord

Considering the restricted time of the tournament, there probably won't be ample time for friendlies.

hubble

Smash Ace
Why arent we having doubles if the tournaments going to "whenever"?

We should have it at jesse's place afterwards....

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
If im not mistaken from Central NY will be.

Melee
Erk
Beta
Sharky
Cura
Snakeee?

Brawl
Cura
Alt
Snakeee
Sharky
Acton
Kanto
Sayan?

Hype!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo foy sense im going with Alt i leave whenever he wants to leave so we may not make it to jesses but if we do id love to money match!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think I can come, guys. I didn't feel like coming to Rochester today, but there's a bus tomorrow leaving at 10 that'll be there at noon, and hopefully make it to the tourney within an hour from there.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
lol sans coming... whobo last week rochester tomorrow next week mlg TOO MANY TOURNAMENTS FOR U SAN LOL

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is there going to be a results topic for this?... lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hm.. Just about everything that could happen due to people not understanding smash/tourneys in general.

Messed up seeding(none), weird 2-chance brackets, and odd-choice rulesets.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
werid yes but i had alot of fun. the issue with the losers bracket was fun in my opinion cause i got to play more people :]

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
melee was

jesse
neil
minh
people

brawl was

san
cura
pika
people.

highlights were.
Pyro beating pinpoint
me showing up late to the venue, not being able to enter the tourney, and setting up a carnival game. I put up 20 bucks for a money match and people only had to put in a dollar to play me. (went undefeated, 7-0)
pikapika timing out snakeee in a match
pikapika GETTING timed out in a match by cura right after. (Its a lot easier with a 6 minute time limit.)
me NOT flirting with jamesG's girlfriend.
MOSS taking a game off of cura and beating bry and sharky.
cura and pikapikas pikachu/gameand watch doubles team. (its madd broke.)
Pyro beating pinpoint.

Kantō

Smash Champion
wow a lot more timing out went on than I thougt, cuz moss timed me out in game 3 of our tourney match.

that set was legit though Moss, prolly the most exciting one i played that day.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Brawl Was

1. San
2. Cura
3. Dr. G
4. Snakeee
5. Moss
5. who ever snakeee beat.
7. Sharky
7. Pikapika! (LOL!)

Sharky

Smash Master
wow a lot more timing out went on than I thougt, cuz moss timed me out in game 3 of our tourney match.

that set was legit though Moss, prolly the most exciting one i played that day.
lol moss also timed me out in our last game, but i had the lead until the last second when he dair'd me UNDER THE FREAKING STAGE!!! lol, it was sooo intense

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
lol moss also timed me out in our last game, but i had the lead until the last second when he dair'd me UNDER THE FREAKING STAGE!!! lol, it was sooo intense
Well, he got groundspeed > your airspeed, ridiculous as that is. You have some stall weakness in that matchup, I guess. Not like our second round. But that was a really legit timeout, even if the time limit was short. Obviously much smarter than rolling the dice fighting sopo for a finisher. No johns, it was smart, especially for that matchup and stage. I'm just glad our matches both came so close, felt really good about those. (Which I needed after my horrible fail in the first bracket, and need to clobber altarian over the head with the dickiest matchup ever)

Top Bottom