• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden talents with top smashers

Trypt

Smash Cadet
I was a top (like legitimately top 1) Metroid: Prime Hunters player.
Was wondering if you happened to know my friend, haha. He used to be a pretty high level player in that game, name was F5 Sin.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
this man knows me too well.

I was #1 in mech assault for CTF and last man standing.

I would have been #1 in destruction but it was only ranked based on kills. and I didn't have as many kills as him but had far fewer deaths.

my Kill to death ratio was 30:1

the mad cat was mad broke
I love this game, mad I never had xbox live to play online with it when people actually played it. 30:1 is ridiculous though lol Mad Cat was also my favorite mech from all of the games. Did you ever play mech assault 2? That one looked like the online play had a lot of cool strategies with teams.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Shaeden and Jiano are also sick speed-runners apparently lol
Shaeden is pretty much the best OoT player nowadays. He has the any-% WR and is way better at MST than everybody else. He doesn't do any other categories, but having two of the most sought-after records is no small feat.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Does Shaeden go by another name?? I've only heard of Cosmo and ZeldaFreakGlitcha (with whom I have no connection) for OoT speedrunning but then again I've only recently started following that community.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I love this game, mad I never had xbox live to play online with it when people actually played it. 30:1 is ridiculous though lol Mad Cat was also my favorite mech from all of the games. Did you ever play mech assault 2? That one looked like the online play had a lot of cool strategies with teams.
yeah I played it but I didn't really put the time and effort into it like I did the first.

I didn't really like what they did to PPCs with the overheat/overcharge and then it resetting, although it was broken in vanilla. it made mad cat like mid tier.

Raptor and wendigo were the broken mechs in 2. a medium class mech with null sig, auto cannon, cross bow missles and lasers; and a fast heavy mech that reduces damage by 70% for 4-5 seconds? damn...

Construct

Smash Journeyman
this man knows me too well.

I was #1 in mech assault for CTF and last man standing.

I would have been #1 in destruction but it was only ranked based on kills. and I didn't have as many kills as him but had far fewer deaths.

my Kill to death ratio was 30:1

the mad cat was mad broke
As someone that grew up on Mechwarrior and Mech Assault, that's ****ing awesome man

anlin_wang

Smash Rookie
where the non-video game skills at

i got 1st prize at the US Open Music Competition and a Masterclass with Beaux Arts Trio pianist Menahem Pressler for my performance of this in 2007
Dude do you have a video of the masterclass?? I ****ing LOVE Menahem pressler!!

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I guess this is only facts for "top players"

Zgetto, a top player from Holland, was once a world record holder for Mario Kart DS and if you did some digging, you could probably find most of his records.

Calle W, a top player from Sweden, is pretty good at speedrunning Mario Kart 64. I can't find his youtube channel, but he has videos up of him play. Also not sure if he has any videos up. Any Swedes that can confirm?

Amsah was once the best in the world at the Half Life 1 mod Earth's Special Forces. Also don't have any videos of him playing, but I'm sure he could confirm.

DJ Nintendo is also very good at speedrunning Mario Kart 64, but doesn't hold any records.

That's all I know.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
DJ Nintendo is also very good at speedrunning Mario Kart 64, but doesn't hold any records.
I remember DJ Nintendo ranting about that and Zgetto called him out on it (having had records himself).

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
I also know m2k was godly at killer instinct gold. He knew like 80 hit combos and stuff

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
anyone a pro at scrabble?

As far as musical talents, I compose and record and play music. I play piano, guitar, bass, drums, took flute lessons years ago.

Frizzle: prog/groove metal? I'm super intrigued because I have no clue what that means, any samples?

NNID
dansalvato
I have a strong background in gymnastics and I dance now. Mostly breakdancing/b-boy but I've been experimenting with new styles.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
this is silent wolf

i beat the donkey kong country world record. it got beat shortly after but yea ima take it back when i feel like it lol. still def room for improvement on it

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Only Japan has a really good anime level.

SilentWolf's DKC run was mindblowing, I saw it on YT while P:M 2.0 was being released.

leffen

Smash Champion
Akke, a swedish smash player, is one of the very best Dota 2 players and was also considered to be the best support player by many in HoN when he played it. He has also won the "Nintendo championship" in sweden (which was pretty damn big in its time, most swedish smashers like Armada, Aniolas etc also participated). He placed 2nd three years in a row and won three years (last time was just a couple of weeks ago)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'm really good at eating.

Also, I ran a radio station out of my basement for 5 years and did 2 years of college radio.

Attempting to release a house music EP in 2013 that will be mastered by WNY's very own RTF.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Um, do you know his irl name?

Cause thats really, really high. The world's best are at ~2.5-2.8k usually...2k means that you are among the best in the nation
If by "nation" you mean the USA, a USCF rating above 2000 only puts you in the top 2800 of active USCF rated players (meaning they went to a rated event in the past year), and even 2500 is around top 250.

If by "nation" you mean #mangonation, that might be a little different.

Source: http://main.uschess.org/datapage/top-players2.php?state=ALL&limit=&maxcnt=5000&players=R&current=C

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm pretty good at drawing with and without a reference.
Additionally, I have been told numerous times that I am a freakish human encyclopedia.

I'm also not a top smasher, so DISREGARD.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Did you name your account after Vishy?
Haha, I did play chess a bit in elementary school, but no. It's my real-life first name. I do enjoy headlines like "Anand remains king of world chess" though. :)

:o

2k ELO is still pretty freaking good tho.
Yeah, it's definitely really really good! I just wanted to clarify that 2k isn't enough to make you famous, even among chess players.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm really good at eating.

Also, I ran a radio station out of my basement for 5 years and did 2 years of college radio.

Attempting to release a house music EP in 2013 that will be mastered by WNY's very own RTF.
That reminded me the basic joys of life, Im also definitely very good at enjoying every single little bit that life gives. Warrior lifestyle.

Top Bottom