• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden talents with top smashers

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Wow, discovering just how in depth competitive Met:Hunters was while I never knew is just like discovering Melee's (except from what I've been reading so far it had a bunch of Wackness and Trace). Was there any competitive Godzilla Destroy All Monsters?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Looool I recognize so many of those names xP

Also Bones, just out of curiousity, were you still around during the Silentwing thing whenever he was convinced that he was the best player to have ever lived and the got exposed by like... Goomba and Stewietaz and a couple others and then started spaming gfaqs with a new alt everyday?
Because, imo, that was when the community started going downhill.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I remember SW being a noob, but I don't remember a specific battle where he got exposed. Wish I had been there. I think I stopped playing a lot in late '07 because that's when I got Halo 2, and I must have stopped almost completely by '08 since I logged insane hours into Halo 3.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Soft- Plays trumpet,uke,guitar,ping pong, and is really good @ chess

Merck-Is an Actor,photographer,Artist, and Dancer

ME- I use to Dance with the best dancer in the world "Nonstop", I play the piano,guitar,uke, I sing, Music production,write songs,and I design clothes.

M2k-is super good @ megaman

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Ah I see. I remembered you still sort of being around in '08, but I don't think the SW stuff happened until '09

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
i was a top level player in GunZ: The Duel from 2006-2008 (pre-underclock era), and the best player in AZ.

Top level player in Yugioh from 06-2010. Stopped caring after that.

never been the best at anything, though. I don't think that's something I will ever achieve.

Edit:

I play the Violin.

jbro

Smash Ace
I play bass guitar and sing. I'm in two bands, doing one in each.
I'm fairly good at ping pong.
I was always also fairly good at most rhythm games, DDR, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, etc.

I'm a drummer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW3WblfJCEM - My band. We play very strange music that appeals to a very niche group. In other words, I'm not offended if you hate it.
I think I am in this niche group.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
His speedrunning skills have already been mentionned on this thread, but he got the WR for WindWaker back yesterday, by more than a minute and a half. My brother woke me up in the middle of the night just so that I could watch it live haha.
Wait, it's really him? Haha

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I was top 3 NA Warcraft 3 player.. and if you are good at pokemon puzzle league, JUST BRING IT

Bones0

Smash Legend
There was a MP:H competitive scene?!

What

And Bones0 is gdlk at it?

What x2

How big were these tournaments and are there any good vids lol
There were never many HUGE tournaments, mostly because they never finished if they were too large. The biggest I remember finishing was like 50 people. Idk, might be overestimating that. lol The community was kind of weird in the sense that most bad players wouldn't enter for fun, so you mostly had a lot of good players in each tournament. There are no good vids because there's no good way to record a DS. Pretty much anyone who ever recorded (either using a tripod looking over their shoulder or some other method) said it greatly impeded their ability to play. You have to be consciously aware of how your holding the DS so that you don't move it off screen or whatever. There are some vids online, but none that really represent tournament footage well. Most of the matches I remember seeing were all non-Imp, which is comparable to low tier matches.

Here's a pretty good montage (Frozen was actually good at the game, not just stomping randoms). Fyi, if it looks like he has horrible aim, that's because on WiFi you had to lead all of your shots by about half a second. It was, ironically I might add, the only thing preventing sniping from being super OP instead of just standard OP. If there was no latency, good players would have been able to hit an Imp headshot (which is a OHKO regardless of health) 90% of the time, easily.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
@Melo why have I not seen that link you posted that was sick. Who was singing? Was that....Tyler?

M2k and Phanna know PI very well (3.14)

Top Bottom