• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden talents with top smashers

Lovage

Smash Hero
i have 3 buddies that all play modified RPS

it's basically RPS
except the rule is you have to announce a throw before the round starts

aka look the other person in their eyeballs, and tell them you are going rock

ppl that are skilled at fighting games have a higher chance at ****** in mRPS than regular common humans

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That is pretty cool Lovage. What kind of strategy goes into that past saying something and switching it up vs doing what you're saying?

Lovage

Smash Hero
the majority of the game is in the "TELL"

whoever is more convincing at announcing their throw will have better odds at tricking the opponent

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ahhh so I imagine people practice inflections in their voices and poker facing(or faking) pretty well.

Very cool, thanks for the info.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Was wondering if you happened to know my friend, haha. He used to be a pretty high level player in that game, name was F5 Sin.
I've heard of him, but never played him myself. F5 was pretty notorious for acting like they were the best even though they weren't. lol

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Lolex is/was amazing at BLC. Akke is a sponsored pro in DOTA (most people who know who he is here will prolly know him from DOTA lol) and generally amazing at videogames, having won Nintendo Swedish Championship a few times. GsE/Humpe has the speedrunning world record in one of the stages in Mega Man 9. Ek is great at LoL. Armada and Dev are amazing at Mario Party. I am amazing at being amazing and putting flopmericans and other various easy targets in their place.

Stijn

Smash Cadet
Lolex is/was amazing at BLC. Akke is a sponsored pro in DOTA (most people who know who he is here will prolly know him from DOTA lol) and generally amazing at videogames, having won Nintendo Swedish Championship a few times. GsE/Humpe has the speedrunning world record in one of the stages in Mega Man 9. Ek is great at LoL. Armada and Dev are amazing at Mario Party. I am amazing at being amazing and puttng flopmericans in their place.
You forgot you are very modest too. :glare:

:phone:

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Yhea that is very true, I tend to tone down how amazing I am to not give people overwhelming minority complexes and commit suicide. If you had met me you would know.
Jesus christ I'm so ****ing awesome, I can barely live with myself since I feel bad noone else is even half as amazing I am. I'm gonna go jerk off to myself in the mirror, I'll be back in 6 hours.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Armada and Aniolas are able to perform team combos in Mario Party. Qlex and I tried to pay against them, and we've been obliterated.
At some point, if it wasn't for me getting a lucky double 10, I think they would have managed to take 4 stars in on turn or something like that.

Also, I think that Over speedruns mario games and is really good in general (I was told he completed one of those insane Super Mario World mods).

:phone:

EbAgItachi

Smash Cadet
I'm (arguably) the most technical Halo 2 player ever.

One of the fun-tages I made for out of boredom/abundance of clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hdJEC88Rg

My last video released and the one with the most technical stuff overall.
https://vimeo.com/3426933

The only reason I say arguably is because there were only about 15 players tops who could do some of the techniques in those videos, not to mention pulling them off in competitive matches.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm (arguably) the most technical Halo 2 player ever.

One of the fun-tages I made for out of boredom/abundance of clips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hdJEC88Rg

My last video released and the one with the most technical stuff overall.
https://vimeo.com/3426933

The only reason I say arguably is because there were only about 15 players tops who could do some of the techniques in those videos, not to mention pulling them off in competitive matches.
what was your tag in halo?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I was a top (like legitimately top 1) Metroid: Prime Hunters player.
If you actually good at the game you would know that game just does not work at a high level. It's nearly impossible to kill anyone who knows what he's doing on most levels. Even if you ban all the bugs.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You pretty much covered the dumb bugs (mostly going through walls). I might be forgetting something though because I haven't played it since like 2008/2009 (man time flies).

The problem with the game is if you stay in your alt form (not ****ty ones like Kanden or whatever, but ones with good mobility like Samus/Trace/Sylux) and go for energy whenever you are remotely in danger it's really hard to kill anyone on most maps. Unless something extreme happens like everyone teaming you at once in a FFA (lol). Or there's Sylux's bomb triangles but good luck getting someone actually good with that. They should have had you take headshot damage while in alt form, or maybe 99 max energy IDK.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah that's why Samus was so good, right? Fast standard shots, strong homing missiles and fast alt.

I dunno, I wasn't super competitive just played with my cousins, it was damn fun at that level haha
I used Kanden (his alt was pretty good, I thought?)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Maybe I'm wrong but Kanden's alt is really bad IMO.

Moves slow, the attack takes a long time to recharge, and it only does like 20 damage or something IIRC.

Samus was pretty good. Samus/Sylux/Nox/Trace were all pretty good I think. Shooters aren't very difficult to balance I guess (poor fighting games).

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty good at drawing with and without a reference.
Additionally, I have been told numerous times that I am a freakish human encyclopedia.

I'm also not a top smasher, so DISREGARD.
I can draw really well with a reference, but drawing without a reference is MAD HARD and takes insane spatial memory skills. Props to you Massive.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I liked the mobility it offered + homing alt attack, but again, I imagine if I was playing with less aggressive players it would've changed things

The main reason I used him was because I thought his fully charge shot was creative (distorts their vision)

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
My best mile time is 4:36 posted two weeks ago... Sort of impressive for a non-track athlete?

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Isai is pretty good at SSB64.

I know OP said top smashers, but since everyone stated their talents, I'm gonna go ahead:

My burb record is 12 seconds.

I once ate 11 and a 1/2 McD cheeseburgers.

I was pr0 at Jedi Academy back in the day.

My phone number contains the digit combination "1337".

I was also a professional ballet dancer for a few years.

Top Bottom