• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

have you ever caught a legendary...

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
I caught Palkia with a Heal Ball (which has the same catch rate as a Poke Ball but looks better on it).

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I use action replay so when they come out of the ball it's an awesome animation from some ball I can't remember.

No but really, Master Ball is sweet when you're lazy, but I've pokeballed some birds in my day

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
ive caught all my latios and latias, kyogre(it was asleep and with 1 hp left), mew(it had 1 hp and was paralyzed too) with a simple pokeball

.Trumpet09

Smash Rookie
I was battling an articuno and ran out of ultra and great balls (had about 30 altogether). Then I threw one measly pokeball at it and tadaa I caught it.

Just my luck I guess.

day-day

Smash Ace
I remember catching Groudon with a pokeball out of anger, depression, and with just plain old luck. I wasted every single cent I had to try and catch him and he just wouldn't stay down till I just said "bump it" and threw it then he stayed in there. Greatest accomplishment in pokemon history to me.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Mewtwo on my Blue game. it was my 3rd time trying to catch him (ran out twice already) and I used all my ultras. only had one pokeball left. lo and behold... mewtwo has been caught!

probably the best memory I have of that game.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
lol i cant recall which one it was but i remember i ran out of ultra balls and only had like 11 pokeballs so i was hopingg it caught himmm i thing it was lugiaaa lol i didnt save it wither before i got there so i couldnt fxck it up or kill him xD

oh_dr_where_art_thou

Smash Rookie
Yea, I purposely caught Mewtwo using only pokéballs once.
Just because it looked so bad *** sending it out into battle in one.

meery

Smash Cadet
i caught giratina on my first ultra ball after 3 tries of it dying from struggle at 1 damage

M.K

Level 55
I've given up on trying to catch a legendary in a Poke Ball, so I used my Master Ball.

I mean, close enough, amirite?

Solid Neku

Smash Rookie
I caught Mewtwo, Azelf, Uxie, Groudon, and Giratina with a Pokeball. However, I never planned on using a Pokeball, the battles just dragged out for so long. Also, this past week I spent two hours trying to catch Darkrai and it would either Struggle itself to death or I would land an annoying critical hit and kill it. I put the game down for an hour, came back, hit it twice and caught it using only ONE ultra ball. Go figure : /

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
My sister is on a warpath against all legendaries on Platinum. :) Starting with Giratina, she's determined to capture every single legendary in a Poke Ball. She's done five so far - Giratina, Azelf, Uxie and (incredibly) Mesprit and Cresselia, who are the roaming ones. Right now she is battling Darkrai to add him to her collection. And then she's set on getting Dialga and Palkia afterwards.

08/31/09, 03:54 PM - She is currently annoyed that Darkrai poisoned himself with Roserade's Poison Point. :D

03/10/09, 8:46 PM - And she's also set to capture every legendary in HeartGold in the same way. Ho-oh and Articuno have fallen!

Magnezone92

Smash Rookie
I was working in my friend's Leaf Green for him to catch the legendary birds, but he only had Poke Balls, also not enough money to buy ultra balls. I catched the three birds from 76 poke balls to down to 24. It did not take than much time lol. The birds were pretty easy.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I might have caught a Lugia with a pokeball. Seriously, although its a little blurry. So its not really that fresh (I mean my memory of cathing lugia with a pokeball, could have been something else), I keep erasing my file just so you know. Yeah, 16 badges beat red blah blah blah. (I play Gold only, but don't have a DS yet)

Slayer's Legend

Smash Rookie
Years ago while I was playing pokemon Crystal I captured Lugia with a pokeball. I remember I threw that ball just to lose a turn, before that I used like 30 ultra balls with no results. So that lugia was caught by accident.

I caught Regice with a Luxury Ball once.
It was at roughly 30% health, and I was indeed shocked.

Also, I used a Poke Ball on Lugia in Silver and I caught it at 80% simply because I was fooling around.

Once, in Emerald, I almost caught Groudon with a Premier Ball, it shook 3 times before it broke out.

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
I caught both Dialga and Palkia with a pokeball in Platinum.
I could have caught Latias on Emerald with a pokeball. There was just one shake away...! D:

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
yeah in firered and leafgreen, articuno & mewtwo.

but i use that "cheat".

L+R and start; before you throw the pokeball. :chuckle:

no not L+R+Start+Select, feel free to restart your game, not me =p

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Saphfire

Regi Ice: He defeated 5 of my Pokemon and I only had on more pokeball so I used it and got lucky.

Is Regi ice a Legendary, im not sure.

scarlet0906

Smash Rookie
Yes! I always captured a legendary Pokemon using poke ball. All my legendaries are al capruted using Pokeball. But the legendary Pokemon should have at least 5hp minimum, Paralyze or freeze, and not only one poke balk. It takes using 20-30 pokeball before i capture it.:laugh:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I caught Zapdos with a pokeball on platinum, other than that I always have the worst luck. Oh yeah Giratina at 100% on pearl with a greatball, that was funny. >.>

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My tradition is to always catch Mewtwo using a Pokéball, since that's how I first did it and was in awe of my abilities for some reason.

I have serious beef with Ultra Balls anyway, they suck. I swear they're worse than Great Balls, even though their catch rate is higher in theory.

Great Balls = <3

dreamchaser214

Smash Rookie
I caught Mewtwo in pokemon blue using an ordinary pokéball. I was surprised on how simple I was able to caught it. I also caught both Dialga and Palkia with a pokeball in Platinum. Man, my brother was so jealous of me. hahaha :)

DUB

Smash Lord
I caught Kyogre at 100% HP with 1 Pokeball once. I usually have horrible luck and it takes 30+ Ultra Balls. It was surprising to say the least.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
I caught 5 legendary pokemon in pokeballs. Lugia, Mewtwo, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina (hardest to catch was definately Giratina).

Top Bottom