• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I lucked out on the hard drive front.

Before I owned my first Xbox, my buddy did me a solid and bought me a 120gb. So all I had to buy was an arcade/used box.

You going Slim?
Yeah, I'm hoping the 250 GB slim model will drop in price this winter to $200 or something. I'm currently using my friend's old 360 to play all my games and one of the fans in his is broken so it overheats if i don't play it in the basement where it's nice and cold.

My old 360 can barely read discs anymore. :urg:

Looking forward to Halo 4 next year!

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Hardly.

Bungie went WAY out on a limb to try something different. A game that didn't involve the Spartans from the Halo universe, and tried to bring the game to a much more 'human' style of delivery through storytelling. Rather than make you the 'awesome super soldier', you're a human. A bad *** one, but human. The story is not 2-3 hours. MAYBE if you rush. Maybe. It gave you a different side of the war (Covenant Human war). It told a different story.

They also gave us Firefight. Easily my favorite game mode in Halo next to custom games. Has it been done before? Yeah, of course. There's hardly anything in video games 'original' these days. But it was still new to Halo. It offered a challenge (something some of us old timers call, fun), something that hadn't been done before in that game series.

And yes, it did give you ALL of the maps. On one disc. 4 map packs that were released AFTER launch (Heroic did go free, but if you were including original prices, that adds up to $40). For someone who never gets DLC or map packs, I'd have thought that'd be a god send for you. You could play all of the maps from the disc, no need to install or download.

What could POSSIBLY have been so bad about this game?

EDIT:

Found this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43775219#43775219
I do like ODST, but I have to say that it was a disappointment. The campaign is awesome, but the length of it is way too short. The week the game came out, me and my friend beat it co-op in under 5 hours and we weren't completely speedrunning it either. I really like the city and roaming around, and I thought it was a great feature to the campaign. Most of the levels are also cool. However, it was pretty short and after collecting the achievements had low replay value as opposed to other Halo campaigns (I beat halo 1 and 3 so many times) A Halo campaign has always had the feel of decent length and action imo, and ODST is the shortest one in the books. They didn't do a bad job on it, but it just needed some extra levels and then it would have been a ton better.

Firefight was also kind of lame. I'm not a firefight fan on ODST or Reach, but it's improved a good bit on Reach. Being a completionist, I ended up playing more firefight than I would have wished just to get all the achievements. On the positive side, (excluding the firefight score achievements and deja vu) the game also had a number of memorable/challenging achievements that were fun to get.

The maps do add a lot of overall value to ODST, but the game overall feels like more of a big add on than a new game.

It wasn't a bad concept, but I wish they would have done more with it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I tried Action Sack with my friends last night.
WHY HAVEN'T I PLAYED THAT MODE.
I love hockey.

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Halo: Reach is actually the first game I played in the entire Halo series. And I still play it quite often and enjoy it vigorously.

I'm really glad for these guys, keep on rocking Bungie.

fullmetalkirby

Smash Rookie
did u guys hear that they're coming out with a halo 4? i heard it will be in stores during the month of december!!! woot! :3

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
There's a lot of Halo 3 maps that Reach could use.... Guardian and The Pit also come to mind right off the bat...

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of Halo 3 maps that Reach could use.... Guardian and The Pit also come to mind right off the bat...
I miss Valhalla personally, as well as Longshore, Rats Nest, Standoff, Last Resort, and High Ground. I feel Reach lacks maps in number and in quality. It just seems that, to me at least, that Reach maps aren't as memorable as the previous 3 games and there are only 9 in the base game, with Halo 1, 2, and 3 having 13, 12, and 11 respectively. I do enjoy the Forge World maps, and while I enjoy Bungie integrating them into Matchmaking more than Halo 3, it seems that the majority of matches are on Forge World.

darkspartan117

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I loved Valhalla one of my favorite map from H3 me and my friends always played team snipers in this map

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been needing to get this off my chest.

I seriously feel that the team making in matchmaking is unfair. Sometimes, they put all the good players on one side. We then get whooped in the game :c

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I loved Valhalla one of my favorite map from H3 me and my friends always played team snipers in this map
I never really got into (or was all that good with) snipers until Halo Reach, but for some reason I'm a better sniper in Reach than Halo 3, even though they are virtually identical in that aspect.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Huge Halo: Reach title update/patch coming out sometime next month!!!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/halo-reach-title-update-coming-in-september-armor-lock-getting/

http://kotaku.com/5834663/the-classic-magnum-returns-in-an-upcoming-halo-reach-title-update

with the biggest being the nerfing of the Armor Lock ability. Instead of making you an invulnerable juggernaut, Armor Lock now only prevents most of the damage done to you whilst locked, and no longer detaches stuck plasma grenades.

Other changes include: the addition of "Shield Bleed-through," whereby damage done to players with a fraction of their shield remaining can now be carried over to their remaining health;
an option to remove reticle bloom; the removal of a player's ability to deflect an oncoming sword lunge by meleeing (unless they too are using a sword); and the wholesale buffing of the pistol, bringing it closer to parity with its Halo: Combat Evolved predecessor.
HOORAY!!!!!! And sweet news about the pistol being buffed! :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Halo Anniversary: Single Player Walkthrough

[yt]F3FgK6OSyzs[/yt]

Halo: CE Anniversary - Multiplayer Vidoc (lol @ IGN's typo)

[yt]NGaAT9YnGCQ[/yt]

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay.

After seeing the multiplayer video, I know what i'm spending my money on this holiday season.

Also sounds like Armor abilities are back - thank god.

Looks like they're really putting work into this game. Seems to me to be a better package than EmDubs 3 imo

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Not too impressed about Armour Lock. I always thought people had problems with the close quarters EMP abuse, not it's ability to let you survive mass grenade spamming.

And what? Why are they buffing the pistol? It's already leaps and bounds better than the Assault Rifle, they don't need to increase that thing's pointlessness even more.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Not too impressed about Armour Lock. I always thought people had problems with the close quarters EMP abuse, not it's ability to let you survive mass grenade spamming.
ಠ_ಠ

That's the problem!

It slows down the game, and lets people who should have died, survive for dumb reasons. I worked for that kill. There's no reason some kid who has stopped moving, and made himself vulnerable be able to survive multiple hits AND regenerate his shields and health.

No. Good riddance I say.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
ಠ_ಠ

That's the problem!

It slows down the game, and lets people who should have died, survive for dumb reasons. I worked for that kill. There's no reason some kid who has stopped moving, and made himself vulnerable be able to survive multiple hits AND regenerate his shields and health.

No. Good riddance I say.
I agree completely. Armor lock basically ruined any gametype that it was in. Now that it is going to be nerfed maybe the game will be more playable.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
ಠ_ಠ

That's the problem!

No. Good riddance I say.
If you shoot someone in Armor Lock they don't regen shields.

And this is hardly a game-breaking problem anyway; it's just a matter of inconvenience. So someone you were shooting ducked into AL as you were about to kill them. Big deal. Just reload or pull out your other weapon and blast them when they come back out. They're not doing anything productive except maybe wasting your time and ammo.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
And this is hardly a game-breaking problem anyway

It's a game breaking if you are playing team slayer and the whole enemy team has armor lock and spams it constantly if they are in any sort of danger.....on Boardwalk......noobs are why armor lock is such a nuisance/gamebreaker, not people who use it sparingly on vehicle based maps.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It's a game breaking if you are playing team slayer and the whole enemy team has armor lock and spams it constantly if they are in any sort of danger.....on Boardwalk......noobs are why armor lock is such a nuisance/gamebreaker, not people who use it sparingly on vehicle based maps.
This.

I love when other people write what I wanna say, but I'm too damn lazy to respond, so I can just quote and say "This".

Even though I think I've used more characters explaining my laziness than just writing out the thought...

>_>

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Urrgh, I hate Boardwalk so much @_@
Someone could easily snipe you.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Uh.. You don't regain shield in Armor Lock you're locked in what shield you had remaining. Also, Armor lock can kill on Sword Base LOL Like the force of it exploded after it's release will cause a glitch when taking the green lift that the other character will be hit by so much force they die. It's a Terrible armor ability. That's why I only play Arena

You know what I hate about Armor lock you hit someone, then they go into armor lock taking no damage.

Top Bottom