• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
It's a game breaking if you are playing team slayer and the whole enemy team has armor lock and spams it constantly if they are in any sort of danger.....on Boardwalk......noobs are why armor lock is such a nuisance/gamebreaker, not people who use it sparingly on vehicle based maps.
No, it's not a game breaker. Armor Lock doesn't singlehandedly win matches unless you're being obscenely stupid. My point still stands - it's not overpowered, just very, very annoying. Only situation I can think of where activating it before you die would help is if there're teammates nearby to finish off your opponent. Or if someone's aiming a rocket at your face or something.

A whole team's using AL? I just shrug and thank them for giving me free reloads.

Uh.. You don't regain shield in Armor Lock you're locked in what shield you had remaining. It's a Terrible armor ability. That's why I only play Arena

You know what I hate about Armor lock you hit someone, then they go into armor lock taking no damage.
Yes, you do. Wait long enough while locked and your shields recover as normal. They won't if your opponent shoots you before that happens, though, so it doesn't show up very often.

And your second point is a bit of a duh moment. That's it's whole point.

:phone:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Maybe it's not game breaking, but it certainly makes the game less fun and slows down the game. It also pisses me off when someone goes into armor lock then one of his buddies comes and kills me, so basically the only reason I didn't get a kill was because they can push the right bumper. I don't speak for the entire community but I imagine a lot of people hate armor lock and it seems like a good idea to nerf it. If it were up to me I'd have it removed from every multiplayer playlist.

rhan

Smash Hero
Graduated boot camp the 12th and my xbox has arrived where I'm stationed! Now I just got to hook up the wireless router in my room and possibly renew my gold account and I'll be on Halo.

Hopefully I still got my skillz. Took me a whole to get back in the groove of Starcraft and SSBM kinda just stuck after all that time away.

Can't wait to play you douchebags. <3

Also Alex... You do recover shield in Armor Lock. It's pretty broken.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
To add to the armor lock discussion, I agree that it's quite annoying. The majority of the Halo community is going to be super happy it's getting nerfed finally. I'm glad too, but I played this game to the point where armor lock quit bothering me at all.

The thing is once you get somebody in it, they have 3 options. They can:
1) Hold armor lock until it runs out
2) Pop in and out of it up to two times
3) Go into it and come out at a random time and keep fighting

Usually people do the first two because a lot of the "better" players don't use such a nooby armor ability. I simply predict what people are going to do (like I would in Smash) and punish them pretty much without fail. If they do #1, by the time their shields are starting to come up they are coming out of armor lock. I bounce a frag off the ground and it lands perfectly in their face, and there is no way for them to do anything to get around it. If they are going to do #2 I bait them to come out and back off as if to tease them, and they usually keep doing it so I'll just lob a nade like I would have for #1. Also if you have a sword you can almost gurantee they are going to pop in and out so I use that as bait too. If a player does #3, then it makes things more interesting, but I always get first shot on them so it doesn't matter. However, it should be noted that not many people who actually use armor lock do that.

I also took the same approach to working through a lot of the problems Reach had at launch, but with the title update and decent maps, the game is going to finally be amazing! They are fixing so many issues with the game. I'm excited to see more non forge world maps in matchmaking in particular!

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Fixed. You only have enough Juice to pop it quickly twice.
EDIT:

I was thinking of armor lock potentially being able to damage the person 3 times. (One if they accidentally hit the guy who goes into armor lock and two for EMP blasts. My bad. Thanks for catching that one.

On a few occasions, I have seen people go in and out 3 times though but I think it was because of my laggy connection. However, it's not the norm to be able to do that anyway.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I never toss frags at someone in Armor Lock. You only get two a life, and I'm not wasting both on one guy just to kill him. Usually they're weak when they go in anyway so I just sit back, stop their shields regenerating and spray AR rounds at them when they pop out. If he goes in unharmed to stop an impending OHK, good for him. I'll find cover and then I might toss a nade.

Besides, I don't usually get frags tossed at me since I use it in response to mass grenade spamming, so they have none to toss. ;)

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I use my nades pretty different from the average player. Some gametypes only give one per spawn. I'm always set up or am not far from a grenade spawn so that I can take what I need. Nades are so key in Halo Reach. When thrown at the right time (usually before the opponent sees you) they can be the deciding factor in who wins a DMR battle. I always look for creative ways to throw them.

I get people into armor lock before I start throwing them at people who use the armor ability as otherwise it's a waste. I throw it when their armor lock is about depleted and they HAVE to come out and I've mastered the timing to where one nade can guarantee a kill.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
No posts in over a week?

Kind of late, so I'm not sure how well-informed everyone is about it, but just giving a full recap on the Title Update coming out sometime later this month anyway just in case there's anyone not in the know about it already.

Damage bleeds through shields again like in previous Halo games. You do 50 damage to someone with 10 shield points left, his health takes the remaining 40 points. If he doesn't have 40 points left, he dies.

Reticle bloom is being modified. It's not being removed, so as to overpower precision weapons like the Needle Rifle, but it will be reduced (weapons made more accurate) so that spamming the trigger is less of a reliable option compared to controlled shots. Unfortunately they can't make it so that the average player can edit this in Custom Games or whatnot, but there's promises of playlists with varying reticle bloom settings.

Armor Lock is being nerfed in a few ways:
- Damage done to a player with Armor Lock engaged have the damage transferred to their ability energy; you will run out of energy faster if you get attacked while in it.
- There is a limit to the maximum amount you can drain an Armor Locked player's energy.
- Armor Lock does not detach stuck plasma grenades, either the thrown variety or from the Plasma Launcher, and do not stop them from killing you, regardless of how much energy you have left.

Active Camo has reduced energy, both when standing still or on the move. It's been cut by about fifteen seconds for both cases. This is to reduce camping and encourage more fleeting use of the ability.

You can no longer parry the energy sword with anything except another sword.

The Magnum is going to be buffed right back to its Halo CE glory (for a few select playlists). It can now three-shot kill once again, and is fully automatic.

People who lack a hard disk drive can now participate in Co-op Campaign and Firefight multiplayer.
My thoughts:

I get a grim feeling reintroducing shield bleed-through's going to be removing one of the big advantages I have over the average Reach player.

I'm so happy that the Assault Rifle's more accurate and crazy firing isn't going to be as viable. Burst-firing FTW. On the other hand, it's still going to mean the Magnum is leaps and bounds ahead of it anyway.

I can tell now that grenades are once again going to be pissing me off for the rest of my Reach days, if they do enough energy damage that I can't pop into AL twice in quick succession.

Never use Active Camo, so woohoo.

Sword users with Sprint are going to be an even bigger pain in the backside, joy...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I was actually coming here to wonder when it was gonna come out. I'm dying to get it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Halo Anniversary gets Headlong remake; Reach title update drops Sept. 21

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/14/halo-anniversary-gets-headlong-remake-reach-title-update-drops/

343 also sent word on the next big title update for Halo: Reach, due on September 21. Initially, the title update won't change anything for you, but come October 4 a special beta playlist will become active with 4-on-4 Objective and Slayer game modes. Here is where 343 will monitor games so that it can continue to shape Reach.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So lemme get this straight - Halo: CEA has the singleplayer of the first Halo but the multiplayer maps of the first and second with Reach's Spartans and gameplay?

... mmkay. I'm alright with that, if it's true.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I find it interesting that they aren't just taking the maps from Halo 1. If they are bringing back all the best maps, somebody should tell them that Guardian from Halo 3 is necessary to have a perfect set...

Is there an official list of all the multiplayer maps out right now, or have they kept some of them secret still?

Are they including Firefight in the Halo: CEA?
I don't see why they would. Firefight isn't really a classic gametype since it made its first appearance in ODST. If you want new firefight stuff, your best bet is to hope they make a firefight DLC or something. 343 put that one new map in the second map pack for Reach, so it's always possible they have further interest in adding to the firefight experience in the future.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Ya, I didn't look at the vid but I do remember seeing one somewhere about it. ODIN's correct.

Seems my brother demanded to pre-order this game for his birthday present... bless him.

Though I still think it'd be a waste of my money...

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Firefight Limited was probably the first Firefight game mode I played.

I got whooped by the enemies >.<

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I'm looking forward to that... And I get new internet in just over a week, so I'll be the new wrecking crew :D

I can't wait to play some Halo soon!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow what?

The parrying helped give those who couldn't battle against it to survive it and give them a fighting chance.

Tell me why that was a good change?

Top Bottom