• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Umm... was there any point to the Bungie Day playlist?
I think it was just like team slayer...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Are there any people still into Halo 3 that play it regularly on here??
I'm actually starting to get back into Halo 3 but unfortunately, I don't have the 2nd half of the Mythic map pack so I can't play in most of the playlists..

Damn you Bungie!!! :mad:

To win some delicious steak. :bee:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Bungie was also playing in it. If you ended up playing Bungie, and Steaked them (Get a Steaktacular, beat them by 20 points), you would get steak. Like, they would send you actual steak.

Also, every post game jackpot was 777. I heard there were 7777 jackpots as well. There was also the 30k jackpot from the week, which I hit yesterday too. :D Brigadier grade 1 now.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Bungie was also playing in it. If you ended up playing Bungie, and Steaked them (Get a Steaktacular, beat them by 20 points), you would get steak. Like, they would send you actual steak.
No way, real steak? XD

... I don't like steak. :(

And I thought the Steaktacular medal was winning a match with the opponent's team having less than 60% of your score or something.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
No way, real steak? XD

... I don't like steak. :(

And I thought the Steaktacular medal was winning a match with the opponent's team having less than 60% of your score or something.
Steaktacular medals are kinda hard to get. :c
The original story was based on a bet between Luke and someone else. The loser owed the winner a steak dinner.

Luke lost by 20 points. Said medal was first introduced in H3. They may have changed it for Reach, but I thought it was still 20 points.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Steaktacular_Medal

The Steaktacular Medal is earned and achieved by winning an online matchmaking game with a score of 20+ points/kills more than the opposing team.
In Halo: Reach, it is awarded to the winning team of an online matchmaking game if the losing team's score is less than 60% of the winning team's score, and the score to win is at least 50.

The description, 'Luke owes you a steak dinner.', comes from a Bungie Hump Day Challenge where a fat cow was bet over a game, in which Luke Smith bet that he could beat another team, led by Frankie, by at least 20 points. Luke won 50-21.
Cool!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I have like 36 of those medals LOL. Yo if anyone wants to play some reach, Im usually on the arena. Add pitzer757, I like sniping. That's all I can say atm

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Gah.
You know what's stupid?
I played a game of infection yesterday at Boardwalk. You know that one tall statue near where you can find a sniper and there's that little room? Someone camped on top of that statue with his shotgun, getting kills as we try to infect him. Gah. That guy annoyed me.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I don't like infection in general because there's so much camping and because you die like lemmings.

Worst place ever for Infection IMO is Sword Base. Unlike on Asylum where you can sometimes get lucky by jumping off the rocks, you can't so much as think about flanking them whether they're in that grav lift tunnel or the ledge only accessible with the grav lift. :(

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I don't like infection in general because there's so much camping and because you die like lemmings.

Worst place ever for Infection IMO is Sword Base. Unlike on Asylum where you can sometimes get lucky by jumping off the rocks, you can't so much as think about flanking them whether they're in that grav lift tunnel or the ledge only accessible with the grav lift. :(

:phone:
Bolded QFT
I'm tired of all the freakin' campers. The tunnel on the ground floor with the grav lift is the worst spot at Sword Base. So many people die in there, so we try to go as a group in case one of us dies.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Wow.
I played a game on Asylum last night in Squad Slayer.
I ended up getting 20 kills. My medals included Killing Frenzy and Slice 'n' Dice.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Yeah ODST was great, I don't understand why people hate it. The campaign was good and you got all the multiplayer maps for Halo 3 including all the map packs. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Oh, QQ more. $40 is an amazing price considering what you're getting.

-a remake of one of the greatest games made in glorious hd.

-something like 10 maps for multiplayer use.

-knowing Frankie, probably more.

And ODST was good dammit!
Not worth $40.

LOL

Yeah ODST was great, I don't understand why people hate it. The campaign was good and you got all the multiplayer maps for Halo 3 including all the map packs. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.
LOL this thread delivers. Hope you enjoyed paying $60 for an expansion pack and a game which you could beat the campaign in 2-3 hours. ODST is basically an insult to the video game industry.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Not worth $40.

LOL

LOL this thread delivers. Hope you enjoyed paying $60 for an expansion pack and a game which you could beat the campaign in 2-3 hours. ODST is basically an insult to the video game industry.
Did you forget about firefight? Also if you go for the achievements on that game you spend a lot more than 2-3 hours.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Not worth $40.

LOL

Hardly.

Bungie went WAY out on a limb to try something different. A game that didn't involve the Spartans from the Halo universe, and tried to bring the game to a much more 'human' style of delivery through storytelling. Rather than make you the 'awesome super soldier', you're a human. A bad *** one, but human. The story is not 2-3 hours. MAYBE if you rush. Maybe. It gave you a different side of the war (Covenant Human war). It told a different story.

They also gave us Firefight. Easily my favorite game mode in Halo next to custom games. Has it been done before? Yeah, of course. There's hardly anything in video games 'original' these days. But it was still new to Halo. It offered a challenge (something some of us old timers call, fun), something that hadn't been done before in that game series.

And yes, it did give you ALL of the maps. On one disc. 4 map packs that were released AFTER launch (Heroic did go free, but if you were including original prices, that adds up to $40). For someone who never gets DLC or map packs, I'd have thought that'd be a god send for you. You could play all of the maps from the disc, no need to install or download.

What could POSSIBLY have been so bad about this game?

EDIT:

Found this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43775219#43775219

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Are you seriously complaining about t copy pasta job, F8aL, when you LOVE ALL the CoD games?

:|

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Long post.
tl;dr

I honestly don't understand why Tim hates on ODST so much.

The campaign was beautiful and awesome and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a70h0cX8AMM

>.>

GOOD THING HE'S ON MY IGNORE LIST NAO :troll:

i love you zio
You wish. ;)

Are you seriously complaining about t copy pasta job, F8aL, when you LOVE ALL the CoD games?

:|
Problem, officer? :awesome:

Anyways, I didn't know there were so many ODST supporters in this thread. You guys have your own opinions on the game, and so do I. Let's leave it at that.

I MAY purchase the Halo 1/CE remake if I buy a new 360 for Christmas since I don't have enough space on my HDD. :urg:

Top Bottom