• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I find the Halo Wars campaign to be really boring, but the multiplayer is an absolute blast. Especially 3v3.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Bungie update!:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_032009

V-Day Massacre Criteria

"Without further ado, I present to you the 2009 V-Day Massacre Recon criteria:

Cupid’s Silent Arrow
Most (combined) assassinations.
Lean On Me
Most (combined) assists.
The Longest Journey
Most games played together.
Passion Leads to Victory
Most wins as a pair.
...Actually, Passion Doesn’t Always Lead to Victory
Most losses as a pair.
Lovestruck
Most (combined) kills.
Hearts in Sync
Most games completed with both teammates having the same number of kills.
Double the Pleasure
Most (combined) double kills.
Two Hearts, Two Kills
Most games completed with the same number of double kill medals (At least one or more).
STOP (In the Name of Love)
Most (combined) Bulltrues.
Cupid’s Really Really Loud Arrow
Most (combined) Spartan Laser kills.
I’ll Explain When You’re Older
Most (combined) sticky grenade kills.
Heat of the Moment
Most (combined) flame kills.
It Doesn’t Matter, I Still Love You
Most (combined) deaths.
Love-Suicide
Most (combined) suicides.
Get it? Because it Looks Like a Heart when you Turn Your Head…
Most games completed together with less than three kills scored."

Oh, and the banhammer has been upgraded, yet again.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I can't believe you didn't mention the date they tease at the end of the update.

Something is happening 4/9/09. The question is, Mythic Maps for download on XBL or some sort of ODST announcement? Or something else?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So it seems that Bungie has changed their mind on the whole "MOAR DLC FOR TEH HALOZ".

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/27/bungie-no-plans-for-more-halo-3-content-beyond-odst/

"We'll never say never, but currently Bungie has no plans to make new Halo 3 content beyond the release of ODST," came the explanation. The formerly Microsoft-owned studio does, however, intend to keep supporting the popular first-person shooter with matchmaking playlist updates and uninhibited use of the fabled Banhammer."

New Bungie update:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=18453

Nothing special through.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I was super excited when it was said they'd be doing more content after ODST/second half of Mythic.... now I'm so sad. :(

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It's unfair to judge both game's sales because they're both two totally different games. :/
I don't see your point.

Even if you can't judge the relative quality of the two games based on sales, in theory you should be able to make judgements about the profitability of a genre based on the profitability of the best selling game in each.

Wii Fit is important not because of how the game compares to Halo, but because of how the fitness genre compares to the FPS genre.

I'm not celebrating, I hate minigames and love Halo, but I still find it hilarious how everything Halo 3 did for online multiplayer is outweighed by a bathroom scale.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Indeed. I figured out how to jump fromsniper to rockets on orbital, without an elite+power drain jump.

AlsoI don't know why anyone ever comes out of the bases in SWATssembly, always wait and watch through the one way glass, see where they come out and then jump through the entrance and kill them.

Edit: I also managed to glitch neutral assault on assembly. I disarmed the bomb, picked it up and was killed. The bomb dropped into our goal, and no one could pick it up. Eventually the bomb reset.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Anyone here ever hear of HLG? (Hidden League Gaming) and please no "omg you hide like a little b****!!!11oneeleven345" crap. I have seen alot of their hiding videos which reveal some pretty cool spots and I've used them several times throughout matchmaking. I only hide for fun through and to see the other team's reaction in the post game lobby. :)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
As I have never owned an Xbox, or played Halo, I have a question.

Why is Halo so insanely popular, when a lot of people hate console FPS controls?
What has it done that no other console shooters could?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
As I have never owned an Xbox, or played Halo, I have a question.

Why is Halo so insanely popular, when a lot of people hate console FPS controls?
What has it done that no other console shooters could?
Halo: combat evolved, also known as the first Halo, was simply one of the best FPS's ever created. The difficulty curve was good, the story was simply amazing, it had strong survival horror elements with a significantly more powerful and terrifying flood (due partially to the melee attack being much less powerful overall), amazing vehicle control, and as the game pressed on it shifted from trying to win with your earth buddies to trying to survive a conflict between two opposing and dramatically different armies (neither army being human).

Halo is the best FPS of all time, so incredibly good that people were able to overlook the fundamental flaws bogging down all console FPS's to play it. That is why the series became so popular, in spite of neither Halo 2 nor 3 quite matching it's campaign. It's the Mario Bros. of FPS's, and like the first Mario Bros., deserves it's recognition. However, like Mario Bros. 2, it went off on a tangent that wasn't necesarily bad but rather just different in the second installment. It never quite returned to the storytelling of the first Halo that launched it to fame in the first place, but instead had the best online multiplayer in certain respects.

Halo 3 is currently the best online system on the Xbox 360 (that I am aware of). In addition to dozens of types of matchmaking, it is one of the few Xbox Live games that allow a guest to play online on the same console as yourself without a second Xbox live account. As such, it is one of the only games that is viable for a party while playing online matchmaker. It's campaign, however, is NOTHING compared to the original.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
New Bungie update!: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU041009

"Silver and Gold

For Silver Xbox LIVE Members feeling left out of the Mythic Multiplayer experience, Microsoft is gonna hook you up this weekend. Starting today, 04/10 at 9AM PST, and running through Monday, 04/13 at 9AM PST, Silver Xbox LIVE accounts will be able to play with everyone else in Halo 3's Matchmaking. If you've already got Gold, make sure you drag your Silver friends online this weekend so they can throw down with you in Mythic style. It's on Microsoft."

Nice.

Oh and Joystiq beat Bungie in the latest humpday challenge! Recon armor for them!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
All you have to do to get the Recon armor is beat Bungie? Wow<_<..How the standards have fallen.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
F8AL said:
Oh and Joystiq beat Bungie in the latest humpday challenge! Recon armor for them!
^^^This.

You don't know about the Humpday challenges or what? They've been going on as part of the Bungie.net updates for quite a while.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Soon everyone will have Recon armor because of the Vidmaster achievements. I'm still not going to use it tho, regular armor FTW.

EDIT: New Bungie update :

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU041709

"April Matchmaking Update

Ranked Playlists :

Team Doubles (Mythic Map Pack added but not required)
All objective gametypes set to skip after veto
Added Assembly
Added Sandbox variants “Cubed,” “Plurality,” “Tundra,” “Vessel”

Team Objective :

Team Flag on Smashed removed

Social Playlists :

Rumble Pit (Mythic Map Pack added but not required)

Added Assembly (default), Sandbox (default)
Added Sandbox variant “Cubed”
Added infection gametype “Save One Bullet”
Added infection variants “Dismemberment” (Assembly), “Andromeda” (Orbital), and “Spooky House” (Sandbox)
Removed Hammerzeit

Hardcore :

Team Swat (Mythic Map Pack added but not required)
Added SWATssembly, SWArbital, Tundra SWAT

MLG :

Updated to v6 map variants

Team Snipers :

Grenades removed from Team Snipers gametype

Double EXP Weekends for April (In Order)
Team Flag
Grifball
Team Melee (Mythic Map Pack added but not required)
Living Dead (Mythic Map Pack added but not required)
Fiesta (Mythic Map Pack added but not required)

Pay extra special attention to the italicized bits, please. If a Playlist is currently listed as "Mythic Map Pack Added but not required," it means that when next month's Matchmaking Update hits, the Mythic Map Pack will be required if you want to play them. Let's reiterate.

For May, the following Playlists will REQUIRE Mythic:

Team Doubles
Rumble Pit
Team SWAT

Team Melee (Double EXP)
Living Dead (Double EXP)
Fiesta (Double EXP)"

At least I can still play TS next month. :D

EDIT 2 : I was playing some BTB and I got kicked from a game where I didn't betray anyone...explain? I was killing people in a banshee and the "You have been booted from the game, this is grounds for dismissal" message...I looked at the game on my bungie.net profile and it says I had 0 betrays and the only betrayal on my team was from another guy...yet I got kicked???

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1090018745&player=II F8AL II

Top Bottom