• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
February matchmaking playlist update live!

Source / Link : http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid17176

"Ranked
Lone Wolves- Maximum players reduced to 6 (was 8)
Team Slayer- Weighting on Smashed reduced
Team Objective- Weighting on Smashed, Octoplex reduced, Octoplex updated in response to player spawn issues

Social
Rumble Pit- Maximum players increased to 8 (was 6)

Hardcore
Team Snipers- Weighting on Standoff significantly reduced

The Double EXP weekends for February are below (In order of appearance):

Grifball
V-Day Massacre
Team Flag
Team Melee"

"Those of you that played Halo last year may recall the V-Day play list. Ranked Doubles with a twist: We'll be giving Recon to people that meet certain criteria. What criteria is that? Well, we're not going to say. I'll give you a hint, though: It's a doubles playlist. For couples. Pairs. Twos. Something to do with the number two. "

Bungie finally realized how much of a mistake they made when LW was 8 players (and no they didn't apologize for screwing it up...) and instead of lowering the chance to play "Smashed" why not just remove that god awful map?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Halo 3: ODST will be the final content offered to extend the Halo 3 experience.

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/02/04/bungie-talks-mythic-maps-confirms-odst-will-be-final-content-of/
http://kotaku.com/5146692/bungie-says-goodbye-to-halo-3

In other words, no more map packs to buy or new expansions/campaigns.
This is really disappointing, I was pretty sad when I read it yesterday. The game's been out for a year and a half. Support it longer, god dammit. Holding off the last three of the Mythic Maps until this fall when Halo 3 ODST releases is ridiculous as well. They've said it themselves. They aren't working on anything major on the maps right now. Anything they're doing is minor tweaks. They're just holding onto them, which is nothing but annoying. Halo 3 needs better multiplayer maps, and it'd be nice to have them sooner than later since they're already done. Unless there's another Halo FPS game planned for the 360, they should continue to pump out maps for Halo 3 until the 360 dies. It takes a huge team of people to make single player portions of a video game, it doesn't take many to make multiplayer maps. Stupid stupid stupid.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Okay, so did you guys see part 2 of IGN's interview about Sandbox? There are two playing fields. One as we've seen in the screenshots, on the ground, and then there's another up in the sky. You no longer have to wall off your maps perfectly. If people fall off the side of the sky level, they'll die before hitting the ground below. You can create maps that use both fields, but it will require the use of teleporters. The screenshots how that this is what Bungie was hinting at in their EDGE acceptance video. Really excited about this, can't wait to try it out. This map pack just got so much better.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so did you guys see part 2 of IGN's interview about Sandbox? There are two playing fields. One as we've seen in the screenshots, on the ground, and then there's another up in the sky. You no longer have to wall off your maps perfectly. If people fall off the side of the sky level, they'll die before hitting the ground below. You can create maps that use both fields, but it will require the use of teleporters. The screenshots how that this is what Bungie was hinting at in their EDGE acceptance video. Really excited about this, can't wait to try it out. This map pack just got so much better.
you'ld have to use kill balls, cause there is no fall timer in multiplayer.

......i might be on bungie favorites.......

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
What? No. Read the article about the sky bubble. If you jump off the edge of a map in the sky bubble, you WILL die before hitting ground level.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
When does this game come out? It's sad I'm getting it just because it says Halo on it:-p. (Not getting Halo Wars though<_<)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Halo Wars is released in NA on March 3rd, 2009 and Halo 3: ODST is released sometime this year according to Wikipedia. I guess that Bungie hasn't officially announced a release date for ODST. Not like I'm gonna be getting Halo Wars as well, I'll just wait for ODST since it will have the whole Mythic map pack included and I barely play Halo 3 anymore so I won't really care that once they implement the mythic DLC, I won't be able to play certain playlists. Bungie isn't fooling me!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I think that ODST will be released earlier than the fall. From what I hear (not just from Bungie's updates and such, sorry, I can't say more!), the game is **** close to completion, the only big things missing being final voice work and music. July doesn't sound unreasonable. I'd expect to see a solid release date announced at either GDC or E3. E3 would be a great place for Microsoft to announce a July release date, as E3 is now in June. "OH, BY THE WAY, THIS GAME COMES OUT NEXT MONTH!"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm against begging but I can't resist! Does anyone here have an extra Mythic map pack code and are willing to give it away to me? I'll love you forever! :(

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Oh god. It's like Rainbow Road... but in Halo.
I've played racetracks before (because I made land-based ones). I can tell by looking at it that the track is torture. You will die a lot on that map, and the mongoose was not created to take such impossibly tight turns on such a narrow track, so if you're lucky you can inch along that middle section.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Sooooo I ordered the LE of Halo Wars from buy.com for $67 (aw yea, **** you Microsoft). Can't wait to play the Mythic Maps. Does anybody have any cool creations in Sandbox yet? Or played any cool ones? I have a remake of Longest (from Halo 1) queued up to download next time I fire up Halo 3.

Just found an awesome Warlock remake:
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=68210822

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Halo Wars was a bit letdown. I tried the demo and it kinda sucked. Terrible controls and shallow gameplay. It just made me want to play starcraft, lol.

But Cashed, Assembly looks awesome. I can't wait to play that.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Forgehub.com is getting some pretty awesome Sandbox creations. I can't wait for my copy of Halo Wars to arrive tomorrow so I can try some out and make my own. Unfortunately I think only like, two of my friends have the LE of Halo Wars... so these need to be released on the marketplace ASAP.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So whenever I load up Sandbox I have absolutely no idea what to make.

I'm messing around on the ground level trying to remake Sanctuary (from Halo 2), but man I forgot how time consuming it is to clip objects into each other and all that stuff. :C

Top Bottom