• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Things I am still guilty of:

Grenade spamming
Deploying a grav lift in the middle of an open area
Running passed crouching teammates
Firing Assault Rifle
Rushing

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Well there is such thing as organized noise. Anyone who watches MLG matches on Pit specifically could definitely classify them as noobs if nade spamming was all it took.

I mean, some of that is debatable, but it is definitely funny.

Seeya

Smash Cadet
lol i only use grenades if i get the opportunity on the Combat Flood and pick up overshield if i can't find a health pack and i lost almost all of them. i like to melee the Flood... suicide :cool:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
that picture is missing a few. one is crouchwalk in SWAT/MLG. Another is activate headset for cursing/*****ing instead of helpful communication. Another is honk at people to get into the passenger seat of the mongoose in anything other than flag/assault. Also, picking up overshields and camo at the same time. The list is endless.

The best is "toss grenade at where enemies used to be, but now there is only a weak teammate or two".

Also, using the assault rifle is only bad if you use it at mid to long range, and don't have anything better for short range. If you run around a corner and into someone close by, AR will win unless the BR beats down first and then headshots. But most of the time noobs do ignore BRs and sprint into the open with an AR and spray it at long range, and since you start with a pistol now, there isn't even an excuse for that.

Seeya

Smash Cadet
it always annoys me when you aim the shotgun wrong and you miss and get enemies attention lol

i think the Plasma rifle is better but it lacks how much the Assault rifle can use :(

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The plasma rifle would be wonderful if it took down health as fast as it does shields. As it is it's worthless by itself, you need a pistol or SMG with it. But then you lose your grenade use, so it's risky business. Poor plasma rifle.

Seeya

Smash Cadet
i am currently on The Library, yes, i am a n00b at this game, and i kept my Pistol and Shotgun. :) good thing too. and there's plenty of grenades down there so i don't have to worry about losing them. imo i prefer plasma rifle over assault rifle

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The best is "toss grenade at where enemies used to be, but now there is only a weak teammate or two".
Yea, I have a bad tendency of doing this. It really sucks whenever my teammate kills someone and I throw a grenade and it kills them and halo 3 still thinks that the dead opponent who my teammate killed, killed them...altho i suppose its better than a betrayal.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If I could change the weapons to my liking, it'd be Halo 2 weapons, sans Plasma Pistol super heatseeking and Rocket Lock on. Halo 2's weapons were just so good... and dual wielding was worth it!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Halo 2 weapons are halo 3 weapons on steroids. for two reasons. one, they all have just better attributes. the rocket launcher can lock on to vehicles and turrets. The plasma pistol has incredible homing, and because you can fire the instant your weapon switches instead of having to wait for the change animation, you can BR straight out of the the plasma shot. Because of the instant weapon pull, a bunch of other things are possible, including sword hiding, which is having the sword as your secondary and when you get in range you can switch to sword and instantly lunge. Your opponent never even sees it. Not to mention the sword had infinite ammo. Because of the instant weapon change, the already broken BR, which could 3 shot, became more broken with BXRing, which is beating down and canceling the beat down using the reload into an instant BR shot, double shots, firing two bursts instantly after eachother, and quadshots, firing shots one after another. The carbine had a glitch for infinite ammo I believe? The reloading glitch actually works because of the instant weapon pull...that is, canceling the reload animation after the ammo numbers change by switching weapons twice very quickly. Basically everything in Halo 2 hit harder, faster, and more accurately.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm just happy that Halo 3 doesn't have weapon glitches like Halo 2 did. :)

Btw, did anyone get into the NXE Preview program? I signed up for it but I didn't get in. =(

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Don't really have a set time, just whenever you're on. I'm playing through the game with Matt on Legendary, so I figured that we may as well just go ahead and do the Vidmaster Annual achievement while we're at it. I mean, I've already done the challenge three times, so why not another? :p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know if there is any way in Halo 3 where you can update your maps? Cause whenever a friend comes over and we play a local custom game and lets say we play narrows (the rockets are up top) but we want to play the updated version of narrows (rockets replace shotgun bottom) how do we do that? you would think that with the game title updates, it would automatically update your maps.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You've gotta download it.

And according to a Halo Wars press release, the game will come with the Mythic Map Pack will come with the game... and it says it consists of three maps. Hoping Bungie addresses this in their weekly update tonight.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Alright, so next time you play Narrows in Matchmaking, it'll log it in your "Recently Played Maps" list (accessible through the Custom Games and Forge lobbies, I believe), just press X on it and it'll save that variant of the map.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so next time you play Narrows in Matchmaking, it'll log it in your "Recently Played Maps" list (accessible through the Custom Games and Forge lobbies, I believe), just press X on it and it'll save that variant of the map.
Thank you very much Cashed! :)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Cool news: So if you unlock all of the Vidmaster achievements in Halo 3, along with 3 more than will be in Halo 3 Recon's achievements, you will unlock Recon armor for your multiplayer needs.

Bad news: The Mythic Map Pack will initially consist of only 3 maps. The rest of the Mythic Maps will be released when Halo 3 Recon releases, not sooner.

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/reconclarification.html

Boo @ them holding off the maps so long.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Cool news: So if you unlock all of the Vidmaster achievements in Halo 3, along with 3 more than will be in Halo 3 Recon's achievements, you will unlock Recon armor for your multiplayer needs.
I was unaware that Bungie officially confirmed this. I've only read online about that gameinformer article about this. Even if this is indeed true, I'm not even gonna use Recon because everyone will! I like to stand out from the crowd, hence this is why i use the default armor in halo 3. What's next? Flaming head piece wil be available to everyone too?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
No, the chest piece that makes your head on fire has always been a Bungie employees only thing, whereas Recon has been an employee + cool people thing. I'll probably use the full set for a few days and then mix it up, the shoulders and chest piece of Recon are really awesome. The helmet is kind of weird.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright Bungie has just confirmed that if you do all of the Vidmaster challenges you will get recon armor.

Taken from: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=16208

"Everyone gets Recon armor for multiplayer!?

Yes, sort of. We did confirm that when Halo 3: Recon is released next Fall, fans will finally have the means to acquire the Recon multiplayer armor for themselves. The “Vidmaster” achievements that were kicked off in the Halo 3 title update a few months ago are the first step on the road to unlocking Recon. Eventually, once you have successfully completed all of the Vidmaster achievements, you will be able to wear the armor. Some of these achievements can be earned when the Mythic Map Pack is released early next year, but you won’t be able to complete the full chain until the retail release of Halo 3: Recon next Fall. So yes, approximately two years after the release of Halo 3, the broader community will finally be able to get their hands on the Recon armor. "

Top Bottom