• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yes, you must get Halo 3...NAO! It is the video game equivilant of an orgasm which the strippers (aka Bungie) kindly gave us...for a price that is. Well, I guess that would make Bungie more like prostitutes then Strippers. Anywho, thank you Bungie for doing that for me. *Slips Bungie another 20*

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yes. Bungie will make an announcement regarding it when it's fixed.

Live, across all games, will probably be funky for a week or so, too.

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Lol.

I 149 EXP and need 1 more to level up.

Ouch. I won like 10 games today...was wondering why I wasn't leveling up.

slave1

Smash Lord
Lol.

I 149 EXP and need 1 more to level up.

Ouch. I won like 10 games today...was wondering why I wasn't leveling up.
bungie announced that there was a problem on their website two days ago. they are trying to get it fixed. and so on. it is x box live not halo 3 servers.

just stopping in dont go here very often but play halo a bunch.

gamertag the slave23

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
if anyone needs a solid teammate that goes positive and get 5 assists or more please add me

im trying to get my 45 in team slayer. im at 43 right now =(

goofyWHITEboy88

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
My friend and possibly an online friend are gonna play this Monday all day and if anyone is good you should play some games with us. Our last team didn't lose one game in 8 hours.

GT: x Yoshi z

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Lol Bungie just announced that they're not gonna reimburse people for their EXP or LVL ups/downs. :D

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 achievement is attainable today for the first time. You need 7 EXP in a playlist to unlock it. I kept reading that you had to actually earn the 7th point of EXP today, but when I went into DLC BTB, which I had (and still have) 7 EXP in, I unlocked the achievement. Didn't even have to play a match!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 achievement is attainable today for the first time. You need 7 EXP in a playlist to unlock it. I kept reading that you had to actually earn the 7th point of EXP today, but when I went into DLC BTB, which I had (and still have) 7 EXP in, I unlocked the achievement. Didn't even have to play a match!
Oh, thats good. I read on alot of different sources that you had to have 6 EXP in a playlist and then on the 7th of the month, you have to play a game and win it totaling your EXP in that playlist to 7.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got my 7-on-7 achievement, as well as the Alas Poor Yorick achivement today. The Yorick achievement is pretty easy. Now I just need the flag achievements and then I will have every achievement available so far at least until the Mythic Map Pack comes out.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Did you get Yorick in DLC FFA? Apparently Oddball is weighted higher now than it was in September so more people have a chance to get it. It's one of those achievements that seems super easy to get, you're just in the hands of Matchmaking to put you into an Oddball match... and have it be on a Legendary map.

Do want Mythic Map Pack. :(

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Just got 1250 today. I got Yorick in my 5th game of DLC FFA on ghost town. I'm hoping all my friends will be back into Halo once the Mythic Map pack roles around. Then again, I'll probably be investing what videogame time I have into Fallout, Fable, and GeOW2 at that point.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Really? Avalanche Multi-Flag is pretty much the only thing I get when I play that playlist.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
is the new Halo 3 game coming out just like an add on with more levels, or is it going to be its own, stand alone game you can buy on a disc?

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I don't *THINK* anything has been actually confirmed, but most people seem to think it's just a campaign extension to the H3 disc. I don't really know, though.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
wow I'm amazed this thread is alive.

In other forums if you post to old threads u get warned or banned sometimes...

well yea that'z it, no halo stuff from me im a die-hard Nintendo

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You're amazed that a game with online play and the largest online console community has a thread that's survived over a year?

And GAW is correct, nothing has been confirmed regarding the Campaign Expansion, but most people are under the mindset it'll be released over Xbox Live.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer

Keep It Clean will from now on be known as Halo 3 Recon.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/08/step-back-chief-halo-3-recon-announced/

The expansion will cast new recruits in the steel-tipped boots of an ODST recon marine, giving series vet Master Chief a long-deserved breather when the addition rolls onto the front lines, possibly early next year.

LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE!

Initial thoughts:

- Fall 2009? Holy crap that's far away. There's no need for that much time, unless they're updating the Halo 3 engine for the game.
- ODSTs aren't capable of jumping ten feet into the air, so will we be getting realistic jump heights?
- ODSTs don't have shields, will there be a non-recharging health system?
- Will there be a multiplayer component completely different than Halo 3?
- It looks like it's going to be a disc release from the picture they have on Joystiq.
- ODSTs run in squads... so factoring everything else I've already said... Squad based, obeying the laws of physics, not being a bullet sponge Halo? I need to play this.
- Will we see any Spartans in battles, or Master Chief for that matter?

Part 2 of the teaser is up on Bnet.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ournextgame

After watching the teaser:

- The superintendent seems like he could play a guiding role, much like Cortana plays to the Chief. Notice in the teaser how after the Brutes pass, the sign tells the ODST to "Keep Right", or go in the direction opposite of the Brutes?
- Oh my god please have the game use a darker color palette like in that teaser.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Game Details

This new chapter in the Halo universe includes the following:
  • All-new campaign content: The Halo 3: Recon campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chief’s return to New Mombasa in Halo 3. Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy’s finale. While the feel of this new chapter greatly resembles that of previous Halo experiences, Halo 3: Recon will require you to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.
  • Prepare to drop: Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these "Hell Jumpers" more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
  • Expanded multiplayer collection:No Halo experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content, and Halo 3: Recon gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and expanded Forge options, Xbox LIVE® Gold members will find more multiplayer content than ever before with Halo 3: Recon.
  • Ever-growing community options: Enjoy all the great Halo 3 technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring, and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities.

Okay, wtf Bungie and Microsoft. You're going to split up the community over two games?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Game Details

This new chapter in the Halo universe includes the following:
  • All-new campaign content: The Halo 3: Recon campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chief’s return to New Mombasa in Halo 3. Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogy’s finale. While the feel of this new chapter greatly resembles that of previous Halo experiences, Halo 3: Recon will require you to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.
  • Prepare to drop: Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these "Hell Jumpers" more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
  • Expanded multiplayer collection:No Halo experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content, and Halo 3: Recon gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and expanded Forge options, Xbox LIVE® Gold members will find more multiplayer content than ever before with Halo 3: Recon.
  • Ever-growing community options: Enjoy all the great Halo 3 technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring, and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities.

Okay, wtf Bungie and Microsoft. You're going to split up the community over two games?
My guess is it will have maps for halo 3. I.e; Think of it like Rock Band 2. You can take songs from one; download it as DLC and use it Rock Band 2. I think it would work that way from Recon to Halo 3. I don't see a reason to burn all of Halo 3 to your hard drive, but if Recon had some extra maps you could download to your hard drive, or something. That's my guess.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I agree with O D I N. I'm thinking while it'll be a seperate disc, the maps or options it adds will be for the H3 disc.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
3 Ball served its purpose for me. First game I went into was on Ghost Town. Started the game with a triple kill (two being ball kills), and smacked one more guy in the first minute of the match to get the achievement. Only Flag Dropped left!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
yeah odd ball ghost town was where i got mine. took forever to find a legendary map. i somehow ended up with odd experince after my first game.
For the "3-Ball" playlist, it should be only played on legendary maps in order to make it easier for people to get the achievement because when me and blazer played today, most of the time, the games were played on normal/heroic maps when i thought the purpose of the "3-Ball" playlist was to play on legendary maps and get the achievement.

And yeah you had 1 EXP while I had 2. :p

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
November playlist update details!

• General Matchmaking

Instances of September update maps (Boundless, Pit Stop, Sand Tarp and Epilogue) and their default counterparts are shuffled around and removed in some instances to remove some of the redundancies.

Social
  • Social Slayer – Team Snipers and Team Shotty Snipers removed.

Ranked
  • Team Slayer – Team Snipers and Team Shotty Snipers removed.
  • Team Objective – Weighting for Multi Flag BR’s increased.
  • Team Doubles – Anvil removed. The Pit replaced by Pit Stop in all variants.
  • Squad Battle – Weighting on Heavy Sandtrap and Heavy Valhalla slightly reduced. Heavy Standoff removed.

DLC
  • DLC FFA – Haunted Manor replaced with Infected Manor.

Hardcore
  • Added Team Snipers – Ranked 4v4 playlist. Sniper Rifle spawns (no secondary weapons) on maps forged with Beam Rifles. Shotty Snipers present with a lower weighting.

Double EXP Weekends (Listed in order)
  • Team Flag (Formerly known as 4th of July)
  • Grifball
  • Legendary Brawl
  • Turkey Day*

7 on the 7th
  • November’s 7 on the 7th will feature FFA gametypes on Blackout.

*Turkey Day
  • Four days of tenuously Thanksgiving-themed FFA gametypes for 9 players:

Wishbone Brawl: Score points by beating down other players with the oddball. 10 points to win.
    Black Friday: More slugs than hugs. Players spawn with Plasma Pistols and score points by beating down or assassinating other players. 25 points to win.
    Turkey Carvers: Those turkeys won’t slice themselves. Team Swords, point leader moves slowly (‘cause he ate too much). 25 points to win.
    Turkey Fiesta: It’s a party! Random primary and secondary weapons. Point leader is fat and slow, but we still love him. 25 points to win.
    Tryptophan: The day the turkeys… Returned. Infection. Turkeys move quickly. Last Pilgrim Standing can run pretty fast. Most kills after 4 rounds wins.

That's right Shotty Snipers! GET OUTTA HERE! YOU TOO, STANDOFF HEAVY. >:C

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I'm a fan of everything except reduced weighting on Valhalla and Sandtrap, which I probably won't even notice.

Top Bottom