• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Who here is actually gonna try to get all of the new Halo 3 achievements? I'm not, because I already beat Halo 3 on legendary with blazer and a few of his friends and beating it again with the iron skull on and everyone in ghosts just to get rewarded with nothing just seems like a waste of time to me. I'm prolly gonna try to get all of the new multiplayer ones through.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Achievements are there as a challenge. Of course I'm going to try to get them all. All of the multiplayer ones I should already have, so there's I just have to duplicate those actions and then play through campaign on Legendary with Iron on and everyone finishing in Ghosts... And that's going to be ridiculous. I don't even know where Ghosts are in the last level. Mongooses and Choppers, I can tell you. Ghosts? Not so much.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Achievements are there as a challenge. Of course I'm going to try to get them all. All of the multiplayer ones I should already have, so there's I just have to duplicate those actions and then play through campaign on Legendary with Iron on and everyone finishing in Ghosts... And that's going to be ridiculous. I don't even know where Ghosts are in the last level. Mongooses and Choppers, I can tell you. Ghosts? Not so much.
they're under the stairs beneth the last stair case on the controll building.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So does anyone have a full list of the new achievements?
Well, Bungie isn't going to release all of the new achievements on Tuesday when the title update comes out, some speculate that Bungie will release a new achievement on the 25th (Halo 3's one year anniversary)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
TU2 goes live at 2am Pacific I believe. All 30 new achievements can be seen on your xbox.com profile at this time, but only 10 will be available tom, and the other 20 worth 500g will be available upon purchasing the Mythic Map pack, yet to be dated or priced.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I absolutely want to do it, but I don't know when I'll be home from work on Friday. Could be anywhere from 5pm to midnight. There's one part I'm absolutely dreading for that achievement: Scaling the tower before taking on Guilty Spark. So many Flood.

And the level Cortana as a whole. Eugh.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So, can anyone explain to me why Bungie felt it was neccessary to give each playlist seperate ranks now?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
So people stop boosting to get that General ranking? Now you not only have to do it in one playlist, but all of them.

I really can't think of another reason.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
6 maps in one map pack? ****.

And cant wait to see what new forge things become available with sandbox.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
A couple of friends and I did the vidmaster challenge with the ghosts and stuff. It took us three hours because one guy was ******* around and sucked at driving ghosts.

I don't know if it was worth it because my account is temporary (ie. 1 month trial version). 0_o

I also heard rumors that this achievement may help in getting recon. I have a hard time believing that, but that's just what I heard. Can anyone confirm/deny/humor my ignorance?

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Yeah, tonight. It was good time. Had some nice conversation with people I'd never met.

Although my head hurts and I want to blow chunks because for some reason FPSs **** me up.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The best part was the first person to get, erm, sorry, hack into the game and get 1750/1750 gamerscore, was Anthony, one of the Halo 3 modders that EVERYONE involved in the Halo 3 community knows about.

Anyways, did you guys watch the "Keep It Clean" teaser that went live on Bnet this morning? It looks to me like we're going back to Halo 2 times.

And I just found out that you only have to do the last mission for the Vidmaster achievement. It's now understandable that people have it.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Which one is the Iron one again?

Anyway from what I have been hearing it appears that those are ODST drop pods, that is new Mombassa (Wasn’t hard to tell was it?) Regrets ship is in the background and a date has been seen in some of the text (1,6,09 I think).

And the Mythic map pack seems surprisingly large (6 maps!? OMGWTFBBQ?). Do you think this (Supposed Campaign update, but really unless this is a really big campaign update I don’t see how it would be interesting from a story point or gameplay (Campaign is good but we would all want something more exciting than a thing we play one every few months…) would be related to it?

Not that I am jumping to conclusions this is all speculation and things I have heard from a few Halo sites.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The best part was the first person to get, erm, sorry, hack into the game and get 1750/1750 gamerscore, was Anthony, one of the Halo 3 modders that EVERYONE involved in the Halo 3 community knows about.
Never heard of him until now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Never heard of him until now.
How often do you frequent Bnet?

And why oh why are people so dead set that the drop pods are ODSTs? Why would there be THAT many ODSTs, and why would they be dropping to Earth? They're totally Elite drop pods.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Don’t ODSTs drop from spaceships? That’s why they get the nickname "Helljumper" or something like that. And if Earth was suddenly attacked by a massive covenant ship, I think they would send everything they have to stop it.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
They do, as they're called Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, but them dropping to Earth, especially in such a scale, doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Hopefully Bungie'll comment on it in their weekly update today.

smashman90

Smash Lord

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Phew! The "Vidmaster Challenge : Annual" achievement is fun but frustrating because of the iron skull. It took me and my friends a little over an hour to get the achievement.

Lol ive never been so glad to get an achievement worth 0 GS! :p

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Dude, that was some fun *** **** last night, Cashed. My statement about Bungie and strippers was great. And whoever it was that said something about Walmart internet and MLG PRO Str8 Superman. That was just plain hilarious. I wondered if that was really a dream until I discovered these:

That **** Banshee: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=54211449

Teh flaming mongoose of death: http://www.bungie.net/forums/posts.aspx?h3fileid=54211505
Hahaha. Even though we only played like three games, they were all full of hilarious crap. I've got both of those queued to download next time I sign on. Which will probably be in a few hours, if anybody wants to join!

And everyone, as smashman just said (I was calling you smashfan last night. I feel stupid!), Bungie = strippers.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My Halo 3 montage is finally released! Watch it in High Quality, Normal Quality is not as good. A special thanks goes to producer Evilsantaa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88BcHqUClg

Enjoy, comment, post. Thanks guys!

Sorry for posting it in the wrong place the first time. ;)
I just saw it and I have to say, good job! You're a beast with that BR, we should play someday! The song was pretty good as well and so were your no-scopes! :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Should I get this game..... I'm thinking of getting it
Well, if you don't have an Xbox live gold membership, then I wouldn't recommend getting this game just to play the campaign because the online multiplayer is what keeps Halo 3 "fresh" every time I play it.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Well, if you don't have an Xbox live gold membership, then I wouldn't recommend getting this game just to play the campaign because the online multiplayer is what keeps Halo 3 "fresh" every time I play it.
I have a 12 Month Membership

Top Bottom