• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I played some MP games today.
Already love it more than Reach's.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I played some MP games today.
Already love it more than Reach's.
Any Halo's multiplayer was better than Reach's.

Edit: Does anyone know if/when they are going to make a Grifball playlist? Because I am super excited for it.

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Best part: they removed armor lock and let you run without the ability. THANK GOD.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
mobility + dexterity + assault rifle = too good
I have never really had any problems with ARs. The only time I die by them is when they are up in my face, and even then, its not a guaranteed kill for them if you can pull off those headshots with every pull of the trigger.

Plus, Promethian Vision helps catch them by surprise. =P. Speaking of Promethian Vision, I rarely see anybody use it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Because it gives away your position and tells everyone you're using it.
I know. My style has never been a stealthy one. However, it only tells people you are in the area. It doesn't tell them exactly where I am.

I only use it when I see red dots on my radar, or if they move behind cover. It lets me plan my offense.

It also shows me how players react in certain situations.

I like to know what is going on at all times, so the vision is my best friend.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Well, it's been said in an interview that H4 (and the rest of the trilogy) will be more closer to the Chief's personal story, so I don't think so unless you are interested in the story as a whole.

The original Halos were more about Chief powering his way through FOR HUMANITY! While meeting aliens.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You could give the Anniversary Edition of the original Halo a try. But the story is nothing special.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've never played the other halo campaigns, i have halo 3 and reach should i play those campaigns first?

Yes.

Either that or prepare for a long *** wiki read on the whole story.

Also Reach has a really good campaign, one of my favourite game campaigns, and it's final level is simple but great.

But I do have a couple of beefs with the multiplayer. For one, I notice at how a lot of games can be one sided often. If your team has the better players, then you are gonna win a lot more frequently. So, I'm gonna anticipate a whole lot of stacked teams in the future. The game tends to favor the better player too much, as it feels like the losing team has to constantly climb a steep mountain without any climbing equipment. (Not a bad thing, but it is also not a good thing. The best news is that when games are close, those are the best games. Sadly, this doesn't happen all too often, as the game rewards better players/teams too much.)
After days of trying to figure this out I think I've pinned it down to the killstreaks. Why they included them and changed up the way weapons appear is beyond me, it takes map control out of the game and basically drags fights down into "man I hope that guy didn't get a lucky killstreak", when it should be all about who fought for the weapon on the map.

I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they reset from death, but the fact that they don't means a bad player can fluke out and get a rocket launcher.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
After days of trying to figure this out I think I've pinned it down to the killstreaks. Why they included them and changed up the way weapons appear is beyond me, it takes map control out of the game and basically drags fights down into "man I hope that guy didn't get a lucky killstreak", when it should be all about who fought for the weapon on the map.

I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they reset from death, but the fact that they don't means a bad player can fluke out and get a rocket launcher.
Actually, it rewards better players more frequently than it does for a bad player. A bad player will occasionally get a good weapon, while a good player will get them more frequently. You put a good weapon in the hands of a good player, and they will rack up even more kills, which chains into their next weapon drop.

Which is why games become one sided.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
As a matter of fact, I just beat campaign today.
That flying mission at the end. Ugh. I hate it.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Actually, it rewards better players more frequently than it does for a bad player. A bad player will occasionally get a good weapon, while a good player will get them more frequently. You put a good weapon in the hands of a good player, and they will rack up even more kills, which chains into their next weapon drop.

Which is why games become one sided.

Well I had a match the other day where our whole team, bar 2 guys, was good (the other team were terrible) but we lost because of those 2 guys going in single digit kills to deaths in thier 20's.

Bad players can get fed, and no matter how good you are that bad player who is camping with a fed rocket launcher is most likely going to own you.

Really? I actually thought it was really fun.
Me too, we laughed so hard during it.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Gave thread control to Pluvia, since Cashed doesn't seem to visit SWF anymore and Pluvia's a frequent being around here. :b:

McNinja

Smash Ace
Alright I give up. How can someone actually use the thruster pack effectively in multiplayer? I can find uses for everything... except the thruster pack and its bothering me.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Alright I give up. How can someone actually use the thruster pack effectively in multiplayer? I can find uses for everything... except the thruster pack and its bothering me.

I use it to quickly get out of an enemy's line of sight when my shields are down or are close to being down. It can also be useful to get out of the range of a grenade that is about to explode.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

If you know the map well, you can boost out of the way and fall of a ledge for an escape too. Almost always confuses someone, especially on haven.
Over all, it is the least useful ability to use.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Dominion might as well be called "free assassinations", I played all night and my average must've been about 4 per match. Capture the flag too, thought not as numerous as Dominion.

And Cloak + Radar Radius + AA Efficiency + get out of jail card free Plasma Grenades = The best Assassination setup.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, Dominion is the worst of the game modes, and a lot of the maps aren't symmetrical enough for CTF.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I actually learned toooooons of stuff yeserday. I found some pro player streams and I learned SO much about the game. I rather show/teach people online so. Add me :D let me know you're from smashboards.

GT - TheMetalReeper

Top Bottom