• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I don't have any problems with Ragnarock, as that is a map I've been playing for years now.

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
lol
I just started legendary today. I have never done a legendary run in any Halo game (highest I'd go is heroic).

In the first level, I kept dying in two spots: the part where there are skirmishers to the left and right, with grunts in the center and elites at the end, and at the end of the first level, when you're in space.

And oh god. Those grunts and their fuel rod cannons.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
lol
I just started legendary today. I have never done a legendary run in any Halo game (highest I'd go is heroic).

In the first level, I kept dying in two spots: the part where there are skirmishers to the left and right, with grunts in the center and elites at the end, and at the end of the first level, when you're in space.

And oh god. Those grunts and their fuel rod cannons.
Best advice i can give you for a solo legendary play through is to always have a precision weapon on hand. DMR, BR, Light rifle, Carbine, pistol, or boltshot. Take out the grunts and jackles first before even worrying about elites. Only worry about them if they should rush you down, but that rarely happens

After taking out the grunts and jackles you can easily mop up the elites with Plasma Pistol > Head shot.

Same thing goes for fighting promethians. Kill all the crawlers and watchers before taking on the knights. Plasma pistol still works well against knights, but you have to be more precise to get the headshot.

Last thing i can say is take your time. If you are running low on ammo then don't be afraid to backtrack to fill up.

If you run into any other problem areas let me know and i can help you out.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Nakamaru has it pretty much but I'll add to it for anyone interested. The thing is to play sorta campy. Don't be afraid to sit back around a corner and recharge shields. Do it as many times as you want. I stress having the precision weapons too. Also, if you're feeling brave, bring a plasma pistol around with you along with the precision weapon to take out any stupid elites or EMP a vehicle.

I also tend to "juggle" around a 3rd weapon, just for the extra firepower.

For that stage in particular, after the first missile launch
(which failed, right?)
, I just stayed back, looked for any precision weapons and just long-range'd my way out of there.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Best advice i can give you for a solo legendary play through is to always have a precision weapon on hand. DMR, BR, Light rifle, Carbine, pistol, or boltshot. Take out the grunts and jackles first before even worrying about elites. Only worry about them if they should rush you down, but that rarely happens

After taking out the grunts and jackles you can easily mop up the elites with Plasma Pistol > Head shot.

Same thing goes for fighting promethians. Kill all the crawlers and watchers before taking on the knights. Plasma pistol still works well against knights, but you have to be more precise to get the headshot.

Last thing i can say is take your time. If you are running low on ammo then don't be afraid to backtrack to fill up.

If you run into any other problem areas let me know and i can help you out.
It'll take a bit, but I'm going for it. I like to have a precision weapon out as well. Helps get some good shots in. Plasma pistols are great for taking out shields.

Don't worry. I eliminate the enemies before I move on. Don't know when one from nowhere can kill you.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
LETS PLAY.

add meh

SLAPmyLBOW

I go positive most of the time and im deff getting sick of randoms....

fav map is complex by far

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Longbow, Exile, and Vortex are my favorite big team maps. Get the Scorpion in Exile or the Wraith in Vortex, **** **** up.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I've never really liked vehicles so I tend to avoid Big Team battle.

I'll have to try it out more. Christmas break starts next week so I'm hoping I can play with some of you guy soon!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, I despise vehicles of any kind in any game. Especially in 4, since power weapons don't spawn on a regular basis to blow up tanks and ****.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Vehicles are easy to deal with in 4. Much more so than any other game IMO. Just have a loadout with a Plasma Pistol and some sticky nades. Booger the vehicle and depending on if it is a tank or ghost just snatch the thing or blow it up with a nade.

No power weapons necessary. Actually sniper rifles do a surprising amount of damage to vehicles so there is a lot of ways to deal with the frigin things.

We should party up over winter break. Im tired of going into a slayer match and going 17 with a +7 K/D while everyone else goes 6 - 14 or something. I mean i have my bad games and stuff too, but god damn i get a lot of rambo's in my games.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I've been needing to get a new one. The headset I have has a bad mike.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
my **** is rock hard after watching that. Holy ****.

By the way. Team Regicide is my new favorite gametype. No wacky ordinance drops so you have to manage weapon spawns, it is a lot faster paced then infinity slayer, and it gives you an objective to go after instead of chasing kills.

It is a lot of fun.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
And I bet everyone who downloaded it for free won't be able to keep it.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dammit all. Free stuff's cool. Ah, well. Probably pick it up tonight anyways.

Loving this game so far. I'm gonna branch out a bit tonight and try different game types. Add Ending Writer if ya'll wanna party up.

Smooth Criminal

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I will definitely be on later tonight. I'll add anyone who leaves their GT. Mine: XxSteadyEddyxX

I'm fairly decent at this game so far (about a 1.35 k/d) since I haven't played Halo since 3 was popular but I'm steadily getting better. I just can't stand playing with randoms that do absolutely nothing to help my team and go something crazy like -8.

EDIT: If us 3 team up we'd only need one more person for a complete team, which would be awesome.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for playing. I haven't been wanting to play this game lately because I got bored playing by myself, but definitely up for playing if other people are. Pretty good too, K/D was almost 2.5 last time I checked it.

What do you all usually go for? Infinity slayer?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I usually play Infinity Slayer. I'm getting on now.

Send us your GT. Metal I just texted you. I can't add your GT cause it says your friends list is full.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
My GT is Nakamaru

Add me!

I've been playing a lot trying to finish off commendations. Going for that breach stance. God is it sexy.

I also wish team snipers was back on the playlist. Team regicide is fun n' all but damnit i live snipes.

Top Bottom