• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Hey Reaper, add my GT: RespawningJesus

I am on at the late hours, 10-12 PST.

:phone:

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yo reaper, i'm trying to get back into halo now that 4 is out.

GT is the same as here.

I've also been toying around with the light rifle. Trying to get better at quick scopes. 4sk is so good if you can scope the first shot, but it is a little unreliable. I've also been having decent success with 2 scope shots into melee. I really like this gun, and i hope it doesn't get out shined by the DMR too much.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Can't wait to play Nakamaru, especially since we both play Melee from PA. I just learned 2 more glitches :D Light rifle is good if you can land that scope.
Im trying to find a super legit team for slayer pro. I know all the callouts for Haven and Abandon.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Waiting for Grifball.

Also, Assault Rifle+Magnum+Hardlight Shield+That ability that lets you pick up grenades+that ability that makes grenades more powerful = win on gametypes such as KOTH.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
yeah it really only is useful for running away
And Jetpack is only good for leaving you out in the open to get picked off helplessly in the air. :awesome:

...or for me, to get to an upper level to escape if I have to.

There's pros and cons to all sorts of armor abilities, which I like.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I only play casually, so I've been wondering,

Is the AR actually a really good gun?
It is pretty decent. If you burst fire it, you can hit someone from a good range. Although, the weapon does lack the power to tear through shields. (Other weapons do a much better job.)

However, if you can weaken their shields, it is a beast. Hence why I use grenades a lot when using the AR.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I prefer the Suppressor, its a beast at close range. The Storm rifle is pretty good too. The AR is ok I guess, but I think the other 2 guns are better.
The storm rifle is good? I could never get that turd to get me some kills, even on campaign.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The suppressor is a powerful weapon, but it lacks accuracy. Its bullet spread is too wide for anything beyond close range. Plus, it feels like I'm pumping more bullets into my foes than with the AR. All in all, I believe that the AR is the best full-auto rifle of the game.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The suppressor is a powerful weapon, but it lacks accuracy. Its bullet spread is too wide for anything beyond close range. Plus, it feels like I'm pumping more bullets into my foes than with the AR. All in all, I believe that the AR is the best full-auto rifle of the game.

I suppose it lacks accuracy but the only time I select a class with a full-auto rifle is on a map where close range encounters happen often (which is where the suppressor shines). Any map that is mid-range I usually choose a semi-auto rifle (or the Battle Rifle). Plus even when I do have a suppressor, if someone is at mid range I just switch to the magnum.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
The AR is fantastic on Abandon. I used to hate that map with a passion until i stopped with the long range battles in favor for boltshot and AR. If you're in the range for the suppressor to be of any use you should be using the boltshot anyway.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Boltshot's secondary fire is as strong as a shotgun burst. One regicide game i got an overkill with that alone. I thought it sucked too, but learn how to use it's secondary fire and you will get out of a lot of sticky situations.

It charges very quickly too. it is only around a 1 second charge time too so it is actually a lot faster than even melee -> headshot.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I honestly had no clue you could charge the boltshot until last time I played. I'm so slow :x

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, it takes a little practice with the bolt shot to get used to it, but it is damn useful.

Also, this made me crack up so hard.

[COLLAPSE="Funny Pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Snapshot is my new favorite announcer call. I go for them all the time just to hear him say it.

I lose a lot of firefights because of it though, but damn when you get it.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
My god. I feel stupid.
Today, I learned how to get that exploding shot on the Banshee.
All I had to do was press the change weapon button. -.-

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i was so used to halo 2 where you just hit melee and it would shoot a fuel rod. I didn't find out about it until i panicked and found out i was all of a sudden shooting fuel rods.

I got my first legit overkill and team extermination today. It was horrifically lame but was so funny looking back on it you guys should just see for yourself. They basically handed it to me. xD

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Yeah, I think Halo Reach changed how the Banshee fired the fuel rod.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Every time I get killed by someone camping (crouching) with active camo I want to punch that person in the face. Like seriously how is that helping your team??

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Every time I get killed by someone camping (crouching) with active camo I want to punch that person in the face. Like seriously how is that helping your team??
I seriously hate at how cloaked people do not show up on Promethien Vision at all.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I got a guy to commit suicide after he shot the front of my hardlight shield with a shotgun and it reflected his bullets back at him.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack Adds Three New War Games Battlefields and New Game Type on December 10

The first of three Halo 4 map packs is coming December 10th for 800 points. Here are the details:

● Wreckage: Wreckage is the manifestation of the chaos of war. A medium-sized, asymmetrical map great for accommodating a wide range of objective-based game modes including King of the Hill and Capture the Flag, it is a ravaged environment of crashed debris, where the surrounding destruction creates complex paths perfect for throwing off your opponents, or testing the limits of your Warthog. This devastated landscape provides plenty of cover, and tons of nooks and crannies are at your disposal while fighting for your turn to become King. Wreckage supports up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in a variety of other modes, including Capture the Flag, King of the Hill and Oddball.

● Harvest: Harvest is a canon concept brought to life – the doomed agricultural planet where humans first made contact with the Covenant. A small to mid-size map, Harvest is ideal for Capture the Flag. Here, you’ll need to get creative to effectively use light vehicles which are limited to the exterior pathways and can’t get into the bases, making this map perfect for infantry firefights and face-to-face skirmishes. Snipers will also feel right at home; long sightlines are broken up by great cover and hiding spots. Harvest allows up to 12 players to face off in Capture the Flag, Infinity Slayer, King of the Hill, SWAT and Slayer Pro.

● Shatter: Shatter is themed around natural crystalline surfaces and the huge UNSC factories mining them. This large, symmetrical map is a playground for the Warthog and Mantis – its open pathways make it easy to get around, whether on foot or in vehicles. Shatter is a great fit for Dominion and the new game type Extraction. For some close-quarters face-time, escape the open landscape and duck into a mining facility, or slip through a doorway and hunt unsuspecting Spartans. This map has variety for different types of players. Shatter enables multiplayer mayhem for up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in other modes, such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Dominion and Extraction.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Oh, and be sure to check your emails for additional Specializations! If you played Halo 4 multiplayer anytime before Nov. 20, you will receive the code via email.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Thing is, you can only view them.

Also, I'm curious. Is anyone sick of Ragnarock already, or is it just me? Most of the time, people pick that place, and it kind of sickens me.

Top Bottom