• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ordinance drops are fine really, but I never saw any pattern in them. your list of choices seemed to be random from what I saw.

Also I'm pretty sure "Pro" Halo will just be normal Halo with more running away, seeing as though this game basically boils down to who shot who first and how many people are shooting said person.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That was sarcasm, bro. xD

I would like Pluvia (or anyone else knowledgeable in a FPS' meta, really) to explain how exactly it's lame/centralizating, though.

Smooth Criminal

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Running away, not running and gunning.

I like to play games, there's nothing better than taking on 2 or 3 people and wallbouncing around them in Gears, destroying them because you're the better player and getting right in their face in the thick of the action, that's running and gunning games need. Running away like a coward and not playing the game because you're too scared is what a lot of people seemed to do online in Halo, and I'd probably just spend my money on a £40 knife to slit my wrists with than waste it on a game I'm too scared to play if I was like them.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I think what Pluvia is trying to say is that the recent Halos have emphasized more on a sort of hit-and-run style of game. This is mainly because of the sprint ability.

I can see the annoyance. In the original Halo trilogy, you couldn't run, so you were forced to attempt to hide (which didn't work as much as it does now) or outgun your opponent. Now you have the option to run away, which might be a better choice than the previous two mentioned, since you'll be able to position yourself.

Personally, though, I don't see what's totally wrong with it. It adds a new level to the game. It's not like outgunning situations don't exist or something. It's just that now you can possibly hide/position yourself easier, and, as the opposer, you have the option to chase or fight another day.

:phone:

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice

I like to play games, there's nothing better than taking on 2 or 3 people and wallbouncing around them in Gears, destroying them because you're the better player and getting right in their face in the thick of the action, that's running and gunning games need. Running away like a coward and not playing the game because you're too scared is what a lot of people seemed to do online in Halo, and I'd probably just spend my money on a £40 knife to slit my wrists with than waste it on a game I'm too scared to play if I was like them.
Honestly Pluvia, can you blame them? This isn't something exclusive to Halo. What you're proposing is that players go by the samurai code of honour and die when they've been defeated. It just doesn't happen that way; people eject out of jets and tanks in Battlefield at low health, people who aren't attacking you run like total ****ies in CoD to keep their killstreaks intact, etc. I've always been more of a Battlefield player overall because that game has what resemble front lines 90% of the time when fighting enemy teams, but usually any game with a sprint function and easy-to-kill weapons encourages that its players run away for survival at the best opportunity.

I will say I'm interested in finding out how this game turns out in terms of MP though. I'm kind of hoping that the game doesn't turn purely into BR/DMR headshot fights like Halo 3 and Reach were. I personally think fights got more boring as the game went on after everyone switched to using DMRs permanently, broken up only by grabbing a power weapon.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233

Now, that's a little harsh now, don't you think?
What, you're expecting people to stand out in the open, get shot, die, and respawn when they now have a method of escape? You call it running away, they call it surviving. This is a new Halo, so you'll have to get used to new mechanics. Learn, adapt, and most importantly, have fun.

Jem.

Smash Master
in MLG they removed sprint in Reach. The only ability you could pick up was Jetpack. Although, I don't know if you can remove this built in sprint. I personally thought the gameplay I saw from MLG Dallas was really competitive and fun, and actually fast paced. Halo 2-3 had their moments of reallllyyy slow standoffs (Which I don't mind, but it was the truth) Ever play a competitive Pit Team Slayer where both teams have a stalemate setup on each side, waiting for rockets or overshield or snipe to come up? A guy in sword, a guy on top snipe, a guy on green, and a guy watching long hall? Oh I remember those stalemates.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Honestly Pluvia, can you blame them? This isn't something exclusive to Halo. What you're proposing is that players go by the samurai code of honour and die when they've been defeated. It just doesn't happen that way; people eject out of jets and tanks in Battlefield at low health, people who aren't attacking you run like total ****ies in CoD to keep their killstreaks intact, etc. I've always been more of a Battlefield player overall because that game has what resemble front lines 90% of the time when fighting enemy teams, but usually any game with a sprint function and easy-to-kill weapons encourages that its players run away for survival at the best opportunity.

I will say I'm interested in finding out how this game turns out in terms of MP though. I'm kind of hoping that the game doesn't turn purely into BR/DMR headshot fights like Halo 3 and Reach were. I personally think fights got more boring as the game went on after everyone switched to using DMRs permanently, broken up only by grabbing a power weapon.
It'd be fine if people ran to fight, but most people just run and run and run.

Run round the corner if you want to get an equal footing, then go out and kick their ***, don't just run like a scared little girl. Saw that a lot in Halo when I played, which was rather annoying and boring, even getting double melee'd wasn't as annoying.

What makes it so bad is most people don't realise they can get more kills if they don't act like they're scared of playing. People expect you to play like you're scared of them, so when you don't it usually works in your favour.

By the looks of it though, with AR's being buffed and sprinting away making BR's less effective, the game might eventually get faster paced.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
They most likely didn't know who shot them, so they just made like a tree and left. Either that, or something else caught their attention that had more priority over you. (Well, from their perspective that is.).

Plus, people are learning the game still, and some people might just be playing a Halo game for the first time. They'll learn with time. Just don't get worked up over something so little, mkay?

Also, I am glad Bumper Jumper makes a return. I was wondering if 343 would include that or not.

PS: Waiting in line for midnight release of Halo 4.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Played some infinity slayer and some custom 4v4 games with mlg settings, both were pretty fun. Jem, definitely hit me up if youre trying to get some competitive games in, I know a guy who's always getting some customs together. Or if anyone else on here wants to partake in regular online shenanigans I'm down for that too.

GT: Bluesystarfish8

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
So, just got done playing some multiplayer. Played some big team infinity slayer as well as some dominion gameplay. So far, so good, been having a blast.

But I do have a couple of beefs with the multiplayer. For one, I notice at how a lot of games can be one sided often. If your team has the better players, then you are gonna win a lot more frequently. So, I'm gonna anticipate a whole lot of stacked teams in the future. The game tends to favor the better player too much, as it feels like the losing team has to constantly climb a steep mountain without any climbing equipment. (Not a bad thing, but it is also not a good thing. The best news is that when games are close, those are the best games. Sadly, this doesn't happen all too often, as the game rewards better players/teams too much.)

Promethian Vision. Love it. It also got a nerf in that it drains fast, and every time you turn it off, it has a cool down before you can use it again, even if it has charge left. Plus, a nice little red laser comes out of your Spartan's helmet to show that you are using it. It is not very noticeable though. (The red laser from the helmet, that is.)

Due to the how weapons spawn on maps, it can be easy for a vehicle to stay dominant for some time. Vehicles can still be put in check, but they can ruin your day for a good while.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pre-ordered my game 2 weeks ago, clicked the option to make it arrive today. My mate ordered his on the 1st and got it on the 3rd.

This morning Amazon sent me a message:

Hello,

We're sorry about the delay in getting your order to you, but I'm pleased to tell you that we're preparing it for dispatch now.

Within the next business day you should receive an e-mail from us confirming that the following items have been dispatched:

"Halo 4 Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360)"

This confirmation e-mail will include tracking information if it's available and a new estimated delivery date.

You haven't been charged for this item yet as we don't debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
Due to the fact that I never even messaged them about it it means they knew they messed up and sent me a preemptive apology.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Finally got my copy in the mail...

And I think I got two Circuit armor codes, lol. One came with the package and another by email. If they are indeed two codes, I'll trade with someone, or maybe give it away if I feel generous enough, lol.

IF.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
This is exactly why I pre-order **** from a store. You don't have to wait for shipping. You just drive over to your local store and pick it up.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Personally I think its fine. Hype doesn't hit me as much as it does other people, lol.

I wasn't exactly missing out on anything. Was sleepy last night, and had school early for midterm review. School totally takes priority for me.

Jem.

Smash Master
Already a 26 for the progression level online, haha. S/R26 or whatever you want to call it.

I think the ranks will be coming in the future, the competitive skill ranking.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am a little excited for Halo 4 because it's the only Halo other than 1 (And ODST, which I didn't get until a while after it was out anyway) I didn't follow ANY of it's development. So I don't know what to expect.

I'm waiting to get it though

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Greetings and salutations, fellow Spartans.

This, is my new baby Old Reliable. And I'm so glad they brought her back. They added a new coat of paint, and gave her a new fire cap, with the same accuracy. Oh, how sweet it is to have this great piece of Covenant weaponry back in my digital grip again.

^_____________________________^

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ohhh and its an achievement too?!

edit: I just gotta say, I really like the multiplayer so far. I've never liked the other halo games before this one. For the previous games I play them for a couple hours and I really disliked them and never played them again. For halo4 I played alot last night and I found myself skipping my first class today to play it, and im in class right now wanting to just leave and go home to play it, never felt that way for other halo games before.

Its probably cause I didnt like how slow paced the other games were. Which is probably why I love cod games because of their fast pace. Halo4 took some cod elements and now its more interesting and fast paced (at least for me), I dont doubt that 343 implemented these cod things to grab more cod players like myself.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
ohhh and its an achievement too?!

edit: I just gotta say, I really like the multiplayer so far. I've never liked the other halo games before this one. For the previous games I play them for a couple hours and I really disliked them and never played them again. For halo4 I played alot last night and I found myself skipping my first class today to play it, and im in class right now wanting to just leave and go home to play it, never felt that way for other halo games before.

Its probably cause I didnt like how slow paced the other games were. Which is probably why I love cod games because of their fast pace. Halo4 took some cod elements and now its more interesting and fast paced (at least for me), I dont doubt that 343 implemented these cod things to grab more cod players like myself.
Admit it, bro.

It's because you were playing with The Doctor.

For the few games we did play though, we did pretty damn good.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Seriously, though, if you have priorities, stick to them, lol.

It's not like Halo is going to die in a week or something.

... But it is fun. All I need to complete it is a 60-inch HDTV. 32-inch 720p is not cutting it at all :(

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
But I'm Asian too.

Must be compensating for something...

Nah. It's just that I would like to have a large enough screen that supports 1080p. Also would like to connect my computer to one someday for some goodness.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I'll stick with my 19 in. screen with 1080i, thank you. Perfect size for my room.

Also, did anyone else tried to solve some of the puzzles of Halo Waypoint? They are fun, and gives you free armor. Still waiting for that 3rd puzzle for the Raider Helmet.

Top Bottom