• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys I don´t like what I saw in this video

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Setup isn't terribly practical, but yeah, I guess we should watch out. FALLING SPEED **** YEAH GO FOX

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The setup isn't practical?

Lol, it's a dair. :p

We couldn't have asked for a better set-up.

Storm_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Interesting that each charcter is spawns at different damage percent.
Just because we see this doesnt mean we can't escape from it as no-one has really tries.

I saw this a couple days ago but i was mainly listening to the music.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Tbh, just camp until you have some percent on you.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Interesting that each charcter is spawns at different damage percent.
Just because we see this doesnt mean we can't escape from it as no-one has really tries.
They've frame justified that you can't.

Anyway, man up people. It's Peach.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I don´t hink this destroys the matchup for us but is something we have to be careful.. the timing is really hard also I agree with sausek... Hit&run tactic helps a lot

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
its like the ZSS matchup, one move destroys us but you gotta make the mistake of letting them get you with it, granted hitting with a dair is much easier then zss dsmash so the matchup is definitely gonna be hard

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
ok, so dont get daired at 10%, its not like at any time in the game you get daired they can just whip out a finisher. this actually makes the matchup easier. all the peach is going to try to do is just set up dair. so keep running away and shooting lasers and short hop auto fair for 21% until they relize that they are wasting their time trying to do 1 move while taking loads of damage. the same thing is for zss, if you spam dsmash you will get wrecked. it doesnt work on pika or kirby because they are to small to get hit by lasers.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well good Peach players won't exclusively be going for this. Just like how good Falcos don't exclusively go for chain grabs.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Peach > Fox I'ma crackbaby.
HAHA that's FUNNY
No >.>

Fox=Peach or Slight Fox>Peach.

I would find this more frighting if it was started by a single hit move due to how SDI'able Peach's Dair is also it would be more frighting if Peach's Dair kicks came out faster like Fox's then I'd worry. I still say the ratio is the same. Like TJ said it's just like ZSS now. I think this may be getting a little too much hype too not saying it won't happen but now that this has been exposed and put on there people will start to learn how to SDI Peach's Dair A LOT MORE resembling Falco's Chaingrab to me basically. SDI on the Dair or you're done. Pretty that's to it. Start learning guys. >.<

EDIT: What SB says too, because Dair hungry Peaches are gonna get it.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
fun fact. I've done this to every fox i've played since this came out. from dairs, when stuck on platforms, when i pick off short hops, etc. it's pretty comical. xD

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I might actually play some Brawl today (if I don't end up just playing SFIV and Melee), so I'll try this out.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
So, I tested this out for about 5 minutes today. It's possible to SDI out of. Very, very difficult. I might be SDI-ing it wrong, though, since I didn't test it extensively. If you get caught in Dair, though, you can SDI out of that pretty easily.

Then I played more SFIV and Melee and forgot about Brawl.

Charoo

Smash Champion
i wish edrees still play this game so he can do it to me and then I figure out how to avoid it and take him out

knowing him, he'll probably just down throw x2 to up air string or something haha

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I don't see this EVER happening in a tourny........besides...even if it does.......................... SDI THAT ****!!!!!!!!!!

ALP

Smash Rookie
They are most likely going to ban this in tourneys. It is to win for us Fox mains.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
There is 0 chance of this being considered for a ban.

ALP

Smash Rookie
It has to be banned. x] It is more of 99% chance of this being banned. It is a auto kill. I just don't see this not being banned.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Pikachu's chain grab on Fox isn't banned.
Sheik's Ftilt lock isn't banned.

There is no reason this would be banned.

ALP

Smash Rookie
That is because Pika and Sheik can't kill you in the dang thing. At least that is what I know.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Pikachu's chaingrab leads to a Usmash to kill Fox. Sheik's Ftilt leads to a Usmash too.

ALP

Smash Rookie
From what I know, you can use momentum canceling to survive the U-Smash from Pika. I don't know about Sheik. I got to look in on that.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Up Smash, not tilt.

It's the same concept as those two, so it won't be banned.

Top Bottom