• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide To Re-Spray Painting your controllers for melee(Updated 4/3/07)

Jun.

Smash Lord
for people who used krylon or w/e brand clearcoat, was the controller sticky after everything fully dried? Was there any sign of the clear coat coming off?

Tennet

Smash Champion
5ive that looks awesome.

Yesterday I finally got the design down for my controller, now I just need to buy everything.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
5ive that's pretty tight
it's hard to tell though are the buttons metallic silver or a blacklish metallic silverish?

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
i guess this would be the thread to post this question in..

so i got this control, but he control stick is loose and slightly goes to the right. Ive tried resetting it and nothing, so i was wondering if opening it up, and changing the control stick would possibly help? or tightening whatever came loose? anyone have any experience with this?

Jun.

Smash Lord
i guess this would be the thread to post this question in..

so i got this control, but he control stick is loose and slightly goes to the right. Ive tried resetting it and nothing, so i was wondering if opening it up, and changing the control stick would possibly help? or tightening whatever came loose? anyone have any experience with this?
I'm pretty sure once the control stick is loose, there's nothing you can do about it.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
You can replace the module with a fresh one if you've got the soldering skills to pull it off. I've done it once, but I don't recommend it to just anyone unless you really know what you're doing.

Jun.

Smash Lord
if you really think that it is unfair that your controller got loose and messed up, you can buy another one and swap it out with the broken controller and return it...

i guess its kinda morally wrong but i mean if the product isn't withstanding normal use...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if you really think that it is unfair that your controller got loose and messed up, you can buy another one and swap it out with the broken controller and return it...

i guess its kinda morally wrong but i mean if the product isn't withstanding normal use...
please do not do this.

KHON™

Smash Apprentice
yo guys..
when taking apart the controller should the joystick just pop out
or..
are there wires(i heard) i should look out for

this prolly has been answered but just wanna make sure

Jun.

Smash Lord
yo guys..
when taking apart the controller should the joystick just pop out
or..
are there wires(i heard) i should look out for

this prolly has been answered but just wanna make sure
Both joysticks, the cstick and the control stick should stay on the board. You really don't need to remove the sticks unless you are planning to spray them or replace them with new sticks. There aren't any loose wires but just be careful with the board.

5ive

Smash Champion
Did a new controller guys.

Black Vinyl Dye for the buttons.
White Krylon Plastic Fusion for shell.
Control Stick for Cstick.

5ive

Smash Champion

Red Krylon Plastic Fusion for Shell
White Krylon Plastic Fusion for Buttons
Dupli Color Clear Enamel for Clear Coat

In this one, I changed from plastic clear coat, to car clear coat. It seems a lot tougher, and a lot shinier.

WIGI

Smash Champion
paint looks liek it went on a little thick.

and tip to avoid the diferent coloured line where the 2 shells meet, spray 1 qiuk coat on the back of the controller first. itl cover the edges well enough to hide the old plastic olour. i do this for all my 360 cases faceplates and controlers.

BentoBox

Smash Master

That's what I used for the vines~ You use it the same way you would use painter's tape after drawing and cutting whatever shape.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I seriously need to get my controller worked on like that. I would do it myself but...yeah...no experience in doing it. I've had this controller ever since the cube came out, played every cube game I own with it and then some, and play Melee/Brawl with it; and it is still in perfect condition. It deserves to be pretty. <3

Top Bottom