• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide To Re-Spray Painting your controllers for melee(Updated 4/3/07)

Shök

Smash Champion
sweeeeeeet!
I would still have to find the clear coat though, I should be able to find that in the same area as the paint do you think? What are a couple good brands?
∴Yes. The clear coat should be in the same area as the spray paint.

Any clear coat coat would be good, but might as well buy the Krylon cleat coat to make your whole controller a Krylon controller! :p

He he. In all seriousness, any clear coat would be fine. ;)

Shök

Smash Champion
∴No problem, Gerbality.

Just for your troubles, the clear coat can won't always say, "Clear Coat". It might have some other names.

For example, here is the Krylon clear coat:

Just keep your eyes open for anything with "Clear" in the name. Not all cans are like this, however.∴

Spit-wad

Smash Cadet
so it may have already been posted bus it it possible to spray paint your controller and then add some stuff to it with normal paint? or is that a bad idea
Let the spray paint dry first, then add in whatever else you want - you can even put a bit of spray paint in a cup and use a brush with it. Put the clear coat on after all of your other painting is done.

Shök

Smash Champion
so it may have already been posted bus it it possible to spray paint your controller and then add some stuff to it with normal paint? or is that a bad idea
If you want to make a design, yes.

Are you going to use stencils?

Shök

Smash Champion
Why is it needed? I thought vinyl spraypaint bonded to the plastic.
You're right.

Vinyl does bond to the plastic, but leaves a very dry finish. You clear coat it for protection and a smooth finish.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman

there's my controller, all painted up and lovely!

I just gotta wait 24 hours before putting the clearcoat on and putting it back together! ^_^

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I didnt even think about stencils lol. Im hellla gonna paint my **** now

is there a diff in feel between vinyl and the other whatever it is?

Top Bottom