• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
Nah, we have something more like a Ferris Wheel with giant ***** for seats that everyone sits on. Some ***** are bigger and thicker than others, but everyone is on the same ride.

Bernard, of course, gets two ***** to himself.

idea

Smash Master
Have fun with your giant fest today guys! I'm going to be getting so much melee practice this weekend it's quite ridiculous. I'm rooming with Vidjo today, and tomorrow I'm rooming with the NYC and MD/VA guys.

I'ma get good at your melees and make your top 10's.
i'm rooming with raynex, unknown522, kirbykaze, I.B., europhoria, sylar, and more...you can have your vidjo.

edit: thanks =) speaking of him, where the hell are you, mike? he came over yesterday, stayed over, i woke up and he was gone <_< this was not part of the plan.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
suck less.

dash attack has vitually no chance of hitting a low recovering marth. do other stuff instead. doesn't really matter what so long as it hits him and kills him. dair and d-smash are good choices for this; dair moreso because it goes further below the stage (i think).

edgeguarding should involve more edgehogging btw. edgehogging and ledgestalling so marth has to recover onstage is pretty **** vs him. you can walk past him (or ledgedash past him) and d-smash him x1000 until he eventually dies. at the very least use lightshield edgehog more.

jab less.

you mess up on your ccing a lot. you cc into sidestep and then punish rather than just ccing into punish. i'm guessing that's a technical error. whatever it is, fix it.

when marth respawned you almost died doing fancy platform stuff. either do it more safely or hide from the opponent during their respawn time more intelligently.

Sanu

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOkOBYR18d0&feature=channel_page

any tips =)
i know i should post this on the falco threads and i have
but no one answered yet =(
Here's your problem, you haven't had a large enough **** up your ***. I think there's one more spot on the Ferris Wheel, lucky you. :)

David: Sure, you two enjoy yourselves!

P.s, at 0:44 after your tech, you didn't even attempt to sweetspot with firebird. Free kill ftw? Random forward smahes for no reason = dumb. Think while you play, don't go autopilot. Also, terrible edge-guarding at times. You hit your opponent off and then approach the edge. What do you do? You just sort of stand there. Not gonna fly against good players. Jab >>> forward smash, don't depend on that ever. The Marth had poor DI, that shouldn't have happened.

I could find more things to say, but work is about to finish. Bye byeee

Phoenix/NB$

Smash Rookie
suck less.

dash attack has vitually no chance of hitting a low recovering marth. do other stuff instead. doesn't really matter what so long as it hits him and kills him. dair and d-smash are good choices for this; dair moreso because it goes further below the stage (i think).

edgeguarding should involve more edgehogging btw. edgehogging and ledgestalling so marth has to recover onstage is pretty **** vs him. you can walk past him (or ledgedash past him) and d-smash him x1000 until he eventually dies. at the very least use lightshield edgehog more.

jab less.

you mess up on your ccing a lot. you cc into sidestep and then punish rather than just ccing into punish. i'm guessing that's a technical error. whatever it is, fix it.

when marth respawned you almost died doing fancy platform stuff. either do it more safely or hide from the opponent during their respawn time more intelligently.

kk thanks for the advice

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Guys, my number is 647 293 5693

Call if you want directions or are outside my house. You can just walk in and walk straight and come downstairs where everyone is.

Setups are still wanted, TVs would be good.

Phoenix/NB$

Smash Rookie
Here's your problem, you haven't had a large enough **** up your ***. I think there's one more spot on the Ferris Wheel, lucky you. :)

David: Sure, you two enjoy yourselves!

P.s, at 0:44 after your tech, you didn't even attempt to sweetspot with firebird. Free kill ftw? Random forward smahes for no reason = dumb. Think while you play, don't go autopilot. Also, terrible edge-guarding at times. You hit your opponent off and then approach the edge. What do you do? You just sort of stand there. Not gonna fly against good players. Jab >>> forward smash, don't depend on that ever. The Marth had poor DI, that shouldn't have happened.

I could find more things to say, but work is about to finish. Bye byeee
GREAT I ABSOLUTELY KNOW HOW TO PLAYY NOW
(does sarcasm need to be announced there?)

5@mU

New to the boards

Hey fellow Torontonians,

Name's Sam. Long time fan of the game, put way more time into it than I should have.

So I finally have a decent connection and I'm looking to play some people online. I'm prolly nowhere near tourney lvl, but I can handle lvl 9 cpus and most of my friends just fine.

Not sure if this is the right place but my FC is 0173-6449-2581. Hope to hear back from someone soon,

Samu

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Hey fellow Torontonians,

Name's Sam. Long time fan of the game, put way more time into it than I should have.

So I finally have a decent connection and I'm looking to play some people online. I'm prolly nowhere near tourney lvl, but I can handle lvl 9 cpus and most of my friends just fine.

Not sure if this is the right place but my FC is 0173-6449-2581. Hope to hear back from someone soon,

Samu
These guys mostly play Melee, but if you want I can hook you up with the Brawl scene.
I'm too lazy to go and look for 2689 threads, so just add me to msn.

aesthetic.x@hotmail.com

soap

Smash Hero
Have fun with your giant fest today guys! I'm going to be getting so much melee practice this weekend it's quite ridiculous. I'm rooming with Vidjo today, and tomorrow I'm rooming with the NYC and MD/VA guys.

I'ma get good at your melees and make your top 10's.
lol i was hangin out with vidjo at a brawl/melee tourny in cleveland a couple months ago

dude didnt play a single melee friendly, and he dipped out before melee started.

he prolly sucks at melee now or something

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
lol i was hangin out with vidjo at a brawl/melee tourny in cleveland a couple months ago

dude didnt play a single melee friendly, and he dipped out before melee started.

he prolly sucks at melee now or something
Yes but that doesn't mean that my sig isn't awesome.

Prez

Smash Apprentice
also, who bussed?
quickest way to go is get to kennedy and steeles and take that 1 bus right to majormac/kennedy ..... amirite? (cuz kennedy and steeles is pretty close to us)

and what is it, like $4.25?

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Friday was fun guys, it was really great to see everyone even though Adnan is an idiot LOL ^.^ thanks Julian for hosting. Adnan thinks I should do shoutouts but lol you guys know I love you all ^.^

idea

Smash Master
i picked up falco this weekend =) my falco's not bad...well, i mean, it is, but it's not bad when you consider it lacks tech skill and a laser game. mostly i just techchase and approach obviously with dair. seems to work pretty well.

paul - you forgot to remind me to ask my parents about your sweater. get on that.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i picked up falco this weekend =) my falco's not bad...well, i mean, it is, but it's not bad when you consider it lacks tech skill and a laser game. mostly i just techchase and approach obviously with dair. seems to work pretty well.

paul - you forgot to remind me to ask my parents about your sweater. get on that.
haha nice
rightn now im working on my link.
especially against fox.
i made this thing called the "bubble" its not a trick but its like a thinking game.
i'll tell you about it later XD.

but yeah desh is working on his combo video haha like weve been recording for clips and such. also hes working on his second, Fox lol.

Top Bottom