• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

weon - X

Smash Ace
Prepurrr to dahhhh. *pulls back elastic band*

Had a weird *** dream that smash tournaments involved picking your character and then playing beyblades in the bathroom sink at anc. Dafuq.

:phone:
omg i loled at this so hard. I've had dreams like this hahahaha

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Don Cherry Don Cherry Don Cherry Don Cherry Don Cherry Don Cherry HOCKEY!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've probably eaten more poutine than anyone here

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Calling doubt on the 'read more books'.

Also, I've probably eaten more roti than anyone here.
Which is a shame.
Read 2 books in the last 2 days.

Typically read about 2 books a week, when school is on. More during breaks.

Ballpark it at 120 per year, including books I read more than once (+1 for each time I read a book).

Started reading when I was 6, I'm 16 now.

That's what, 1,200 books in my life. Sounds about right.

And these aren't short books either (well, the ones when I was younger were). The 2 books I read today and yesterday total about 700 pages. By the time I go back to school I'm hoping to have finished three ~750 page books and 4 ~300 page books, assuming I have enough time to read.

In the past I've read The Count of Monte Cristo (~850 pages), all 5 currently published books in the series 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (>1000 pages each) three times, Moby-**** (~600 pages), 9 of the 12 books in the series 'The Sword of Truth' (~750 pages each, except for one of them which was randomly ~200 pages) and the last 3 I plan to have finished by the time I go pack to school, the 3 books in the 'Inkspell' series (~600 pages each) and a large number of non fiction works covering topics such as hockey, unsolved mysteries (i.e. Jack the Ripper, Bigfoot etc.), random trivia, and the history of forensic science (ranging from ~200 - ~700 pages each, definitely at LEAST 30 books in that category).

The only things I won't EVER read are Manga

sauc3

Smash Lord

Ballpark it at 120 per year, including books I read more than once (+1 for each time I read a book).

And these aren't short books either (well, the ones when I was younger were). The 2 books I read today and yesterday total about 700 pages. By the time I go back to school I'm hoping to have finished three ~750 page books and 4 ~300 page books, assuming I have enough time to read.

In the past I've read The Count of Monte Cristo (~850 pages), all 5 currently published books in the series 'A Song of Ice and Fire' (>1000 pages each) three times, Moby-**** (~600 pages), 9 of the 12 books in the series 'The Sword of Truth' (~750 pages each, except for one of them which was randomly ~200 pages) and the last 3 I plan to have finished by the time I go pack to school, the 3 books in the 'Inkspell' series (~600 pages each) and a large number of non fiction works covering topics such as hockey, unsolved mysteries (i.e. Jack the Ripper, Bigfoot etc.), random trivia, and the history of forensic science (ranging from ~200 - ~700 pages each, definitely at LEAST 30 books in that category).

i used to read a lot of books when i was 16, but then my brother stole my box of crayons,

Engo

Smash Ace

Moby **** is censored huehuehue

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Was wondering why I hadn't heard of some of those so I looked them up and found out they're children's novels. Step it up man.
Children's novels? The only books I listed that could even be considered children's novels would be the Inkspell ones, which I read when I was twelve.

Which ones do you think are "children's novels"

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
I.B. if you gained 10-15 pounds, you'd look exactly like this guy I saw at Downsview.

Chubby I.B.

Downsview = Him looking down on all of us because he's so tall.

It must be a sign.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
I've been on vacation for 10 days and I need serious apex training. Is anyone down for smash in the next few days? I'm busy tomorrow but after that I'm down whenever

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
huh, cool, i didn't know gamecubes have progressive scan mode before today...if i hook up my wii to my hdtv with a component cable and try to play melee on it, it asks you if you want to change to that mode. i think if you play it like that it gives exactly 1 frame of lag...i almost couldn't tell if there was lag at first. i mean, i could wavedash and waveshine with fox easily.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Niagaras Melee scene is seriously booming we have 25 seriously dedicated players and 16-20 showed up for our casuals today.. Hope we can get together soon and start hosting some more regional tournaments where the presence of QC, Ottawa, KWC, Durham, GTA, 519 and Niagara can all get together.

Engo

Smash Ace
Niagaras Melee scene is seriously booming we have 25 seriously dedicated players and 16-20 showed up for our casuals today.. Hope we can get together soon and start hosting some more regional tournaments where the presence of QC, Ottawa, KWC, Durham, GTA, 519 and Niagara can all get together.
That would be really awesome to get all those scattered communities at 1 tourney. We get a little of each every once in a while at the A&C casuals but if we could have them come out more often Ontario could have a pretty huge scene.

Also if someone hosts that would be k00l

Top Bottom