• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Engo

Smash Ace
3-8 weeks sounds ridiculous lol. Maybe the virus is still in your body for that long but you don't feel sick after a couple days.

Also, I haven't played in a month and might want to play tomorrow. Is anyone going to A&C or someone's house?

n0ne

Smash Ace
nah. i'm actually still sick from last time, somehow...

i don't really know how since i should have a really strong immune system, but meh. i read something that said having a strong immune system actually gives you worse symptoms when you do get sick since your body overdoes it...i'm skeptical about that, but it would explain why i'm still sick like a week later eating nothing but vegetables lol
Mustve caught something from the fighters over at Micky Ds

:phone:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Look it up

since google is giving too varied of answers

science articles have avg samples of 3 days to max of like 9

wiki so far has the longest: "Symptoms typically peak two to three days after infection onset,[3] and usually resolve in seven to ten days but some can last for up to three weeks."

please don't go saying the cold still exists in someone despite the symptoms gone lol the symptoms are all that matter

JPOBS

Smash Hero
please don't go saying the cold still exists in someone despite the symptoms gone lol the symptoms are all that matter
The symptoms are only the visible signs of your body dealing with/being affected by the influenza virus.

You can still carry it and transmit it to other weeks after your symptoms have gone away.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
The symptoms are only the visible signs of your body dealing with/being affected by the influenza virus.

You can still carry it and transmit it to other weeks after your symptoms have gone away.
I know. But you wouldn't openly say you have the common cold if you couldn't tell you had it. Nor would you call in sick if you didn't have a headache/crazy congestion/lost your voice/etc. You don't say "oh no, I can't come in cuz I might still be sick" lol

Unless it's SARS or something :awesome: then gtfo lol

sauc3

Smash Lord
I know. But you wouldn't openly say you have the common cold if you couldn't tell you had it. Nor would you call in sick if you didn't have a headache/crazy congestion/lost your voice/etc. You don't say "oh no, I can't come in cuz I might still be sick" lol

Unless it's SARS or something :awesome: then gtfo lol
i had sars once

unknown522

Some guy
Sources tell me that avgn tweeted that he's not coming. I'm walking to A&C right now. Will be there in like 20 mins

Edit: other sources says he'll be coming late

Edit 2: krisp, no plans for the weekend yet. David is out of town and Kyle doesn't want to host so I dunno

Engo

Smash Ace
Ah, I shoulda gone but I forgot my controller and money.

I remember hearing about NNR at a tourney I randomly went to back in 2007. I didn't really go back to tourneys after that one, lol.

Also Sexhouse is pretty hilarious. Reminds me of tim and eric

Top Bottom