• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I also remember guys walking around with matching shirts that said "Church of Smash" or something like that.
lol I remember that, in red with the smash logo. We're probably the only ones who can remember that who aren't great at the game by now.

idea

Smash Master
lol...so i started playing dark souls...i'm like an hour into the game, don't really understand anything yet, only have my starting equipment. partway into the first dungeon someone in crazy-looking black armor invades me and kills with me with some sort of lightning magic. i forgot that can happen.

Engo

Smash Ace
lol I remember that, in red with the smash logo. We're probably the only ones who can remember that who aren't great at the game by now.
You were at Starfurry, too?I was like 12 then haha.

I really wish I took smash more seriously and actually went back to tourneys after that one. I only went to like one or two tourneys between 2007 and 2011 till the A & C tournies started and I started going to almost all of them

Engo

Smash Ace
Holy crap, it was 2006. My first tourney was in 2006... I could've been pretty good by now if I kept at it...

edit: It was such an amazing first tournament though. Tons of people, super nice venue, tons of tv's, people from all regions, large pools etc.

Ministry

Smash Ace
lol...so i started playing dark souls...i'm like an hour into the game, don't really understand anything yet, only have my starting equipment. partway into the first dungeon someone in crazy-looking black armor invades me and kills with me with some sort of lightning magic. i forgot that can happen.
did you ever play demon souls?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Holy crap, it was 2006. My first tourney was in 2006... I could've been pretty good by now if I kept at it...

edit: It was such an amazing first tournament though. Tons of people, super nice venue, tons of tv's, people from all regions, large pools etc.
lol was it in the winter? Maybe we were there at the same time.

idea

Smash Master
If you guys have ever played an MMO or have watched .hack//sign...you need to watch this http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online/episode-1-the-world-of-swords-606739
i saw that from your facebook link, was gonna comment that it looked like a better .hack but someone else already mentioned it lol

very slight spoilers (since i've only seen the first episode):
My main complaint with .hack is that there wasn't much tension, I was still too aware it was a game and all. But in this one there's lots of tension since you actually die if you die in the game. Like the Matrix. That's why you care what's happening when they're inside the Matrix, 'cause there's actual risk.
So I'll probably watch it :) though I haven't been in much of an anime mood lately so it might take me a while

Windrose

Smash Lord
The guy shoulda had sex with his sister one last time before he went online. I swear that's where the plot was going when his sister said she was going to practice.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wow. I hear that bladewise's win vs mango was actually legit. He beat his fox

:phone:
Mango was stoned. But trying hard enough to come back from a 3-1 deficit game two. I'd say it's like beating something a notch above Scorp or so, but not reaching full Mango.

You're allowed a different opinion though. This is just IMO.

Top Bottom