• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
come to camilo's. We're just bumming around right now. I'm sure he'd like to rip your *** open

:phone:
alright, maybe later tonight. gotta move out my stuff and burn everything else first.

I SET FIIIRRREEEE....

TO THE RAAAAAINNN..House

Windrose

Smash Lord
Jethrotex, and whoever else (Kason) that are having bed bug infestation problems.

I've done a lot (perhaps too much ) research in the past 48 hours.

Your most reliable method for eliminating them completely is through heat treatment. It's kind of expensive especially if you have a whole house infestation but it is a very effective method.

Professional technicians will bring in heating devices and heat up your entire house to ~ 50 degrees celcius for a good period of time. This will effectively kill all bed bugs in all life cycle stages from eggs to adults. There are various companies that do this and some even offer detection dogs that will sniff out the locations of where the bugs are hiding in your house to allow better targeted heat treatment.

Anyways, here are a few companies that offer this:

http://heatsolete.ca (this one seems to be the best choice, it is quite popular)
http://www.bedbugsandbeyond.ca/
http://www.aanteater.com/bed_bug_extermination.html

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
can't make it...bed bugs
That is absolutely terrifying and I hope you get them dealt with soon.

Took us nearly 4 years to finally get rid of the *******s.

wash everything then put it in seperate garbage bags and seal them for a while (3 days maybe?)
Try 1 1/2 - 2 years. That's how long it takes for them to die with no food.

Seal the walls with a caulking gun. Seal any crack at all. Call an exterminator. If you wait a bit I can have the number of the one we used finally.

*EDIT* http://www.royalpest.ca/

Best people in the city.

well tell them to make sure that they wash everything in HOT and dry on HOT. If they have a car they can place things in bags (clear) in the windshield of the car (make sure bags are sealed tight) to help kill bugs but it has to be a hot sunny day
and the heat must be maintained for an hour
to kill everything

Windrose

Smash Lord
That is absolutely terrifying and I hope you get them dealt with soon.

Took us nearly 4 years to finally get rid of the *******s.

Try 1 1/2 - 2 years. That's how long it takes for them to die with no food.

Seal the walls with a caulking gun. Seal any crack at all. Call an exterminator. If you wait a bit I can have the number of the one we used finally.

*EDIT* http://www.royalpest.ca/

Best people in the city.

well tell them to make sure that they wash everything in HOT and dry on HOT. If they have a car they can place things in bags (clear) in the windshield of the car (make sure bags are sealed tight) to help kill bugs but it has to be a hot sunny day
and the heat must be maintained for an hour
to kill everything
did you use pesticides or heat treatment?

they're pretty much immune to all pesticides. There's a very effective (but expensive) method to get rid of bed bugs involving heat treatment from professionals.

They'll come with an external heat generator in their truck and heat up your entire house to 50 degrees or so for about 8-9 hours and spread out all your belongings to ensure equal heat distribution.

Starting costs for a small house is about $2000.00

For me...it's just cheaper to throw out everything, and leave the place I was renting at and start a new life..

UNDER THE SEA

where there'll be no accusations, just friendly crustaceans

UNDER THE SEAAAAA

========================================

BONJOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRR

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
you will have mad bug bites on your legs. thats pretty much the only sign. they can live in ANY furniture in your house usually in a distance of like 8 m from a bed or something. they can also live in the panel things along the bottom of a wall, and in the wall itself.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
might be kinda early in the week to ask but whos planning to go to a&c on thursday? i got the day off work and im fiending melee

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Mexican and black jokes are all the same... Once you've heard Juan, you've heard Jamal.
haha. this seems like one of those joke that works best in text. i dont think it would have the same lulz factor telling it in person

Windrose

Smash Lord
you will have mad bug bites on your legs. thats pretty much the only sign. they can live in ANY furniture in your house usually in a distance of like 8 m from a bed or something. they can also live in the panel things along the bottom of a wall, and in the wall itself.
Not everyone gets reaction to bed bug bites.

If you suspect you might have bed bugs, check your bed for small black dot like stains. Check along the seams of the matress and take off the covers and everything. Check the covers too.

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
I might be coming to Toronto this weekend for some Smash and chills with people including Mango, so I was wondering if anyone would let me crash at there house Saturday night.

Top Bottom