• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
What's the rationale behind using standard DSR with no stage bans for bo5? Are the chain grabs on FD not as broken as they seem? Crossed my mind during Armada vs PP in winner's.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
What did GFs end up being?
To quote the most epic line I've ever heard on a stream:

"lamer than watching Dieminion mirror match himself"

Or in other words: 80 minutes of YL throwing bombs and Puff running away trying to maintain a 3% lead.

Honestly "What is Clutch" part 1 was more exciting and that was the worst Brawl match ever.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Yeah honestly, I wanted to watch a Brawl match much more than a Melee match at that point.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
i lasted until armada was up 2-0 in the first set then napped until the last game of the 2nd set

watching that japanese oli was much more entertaining

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So I guess I finally met some of you guys lol =p

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
David is too good at this game.

Ryan bodied losers bracket. I was so happy seeing results roll in and one after the other opponents falling to the mighty hand of The Great Ryan Ford.

idea

Smash Master
Awesome job against M2K Idea, holy ****.
thanks ^___^

yeah my pool was mew2king, chillin, me and juggleguy. i had a close set with m2k then got 2-0'd by chillin. although both matches with chillin were last stock and i most likely would have won the second match, i just missed a rest on the last stock.

So I guess I finally met some of you guys lol =p

nice hat.

unknown522

Some guy
well, that was fun.

I shouldn't have doc ditto'd shroomed (or if I just didn't play so bad with doc....take your pick). Probably would've gotten 7th.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
did only top 3 pay out at apex?
Nah, Alex Strife posted the actual payouts in the thread.

I got like $271 or something.

edit: from how easily I was beating Javi in friendlies I am FURIOUS that he outplaced me. I could have had like $525 (or more, depending on if I beat Volt-A-Mart or not). So much salt. I was denied the placement I wanted, and it cost me moolah. I guess I need to hit the lab harder than ever.

edit2: this may seem like I'm mostly upset because of the money but it's more to do with how much I hate Javi's playstyle. And I mean HATE. DESPISE. LOATHE. ARGHHH.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Nah, Alex Strife posted the actual payouts in the thread.

I got like $271 or something.

edit: from how easily I was beating Javi in friendlies I am FURIOUS that he outplaced me. I could have had like $525 (or more, depending on if I beat Volt-A-Mart or not). So much salt. I was denied the placement I wanted, and it cost me moolah. I guess I need to hit the lab harder than ever.

edit2: this may seem like I'm mostly upset because of the money but it's more to do with how much I hate Javi's playstyle. And I mean HATE. DESPISE. LOATHE. ARGHHH.
Were you considering going Fox?

idea

Smash Master
well, that was fun.

I shouldn't have doc ditto'd shroomed (or if I just didn't play so bad with doc....take your pick). Probably would've gotten 7th.
yeah i dunno. either play doc more just to keep him feeling familiar, or go fox on FD and just try to deal with the chaingrabs. at the time of the set i think option 2 was the better choice, some other time maybe doc would be better.

watching him vs. pp (it's already up) i can see what you mean about the bad TAS thing. also i didn't know you were awake until i saw you post in the apex thread lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
would you mind expanding on this? as well as how you were beating him easily?
I heard through the stream grapevine that javi was beating you badly in friendlies or something like that i forgot where I heard that.

I'm really curious what people who were there/played him thought of javi

idea

Smash Master
would you mind expanding on this? as well as how you were beating him easily?
I heard through the stream grapevine that javi was beating you badly in friendlies or something like that i forgot where I heard that.

I'm really curious what people who were there/played him thought of javi
lol the way david tells it he was destroying javi.

i didn't play him myself but we ended up in the same room as him in the hotel on thursday night...camilo was mostly beating him with marth, but close games, and ryan i think beat him in 2/3 fox dittos? so we were all kinda like "yeah, he's definitely good, but not amazing or anything."

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
At the hotel I almost got 4-stocked by Javi playing terribly in one match. And he won another one. But I won the majority (probably, like, 5 or 6? I dunno it was a lot more than 2, that's all I know lolz).

On day 3 of the tournament he won our first friendly by 1-stock because I killed myself. I then 3-stocked him in a few matches (2 or 3?) and then switched to Fox for the ditto (which Javi won because I had a 100%+ lead but then got bored of his dash dance camp and got b-throw shined like the scrubby noob I am). I got annoyed and went back to Sheik and was going to win that match because I was comboing him to death but then I got called to play Shiz or Hbox or something which was hella gay because I really wanted to kill that ****ing campy *** ***** Mexican Fox troll but my desire to shoot Mexicans was overpowered by my desire to not get DQed from the tournament.

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet
At the hotel I almost got 4-stocked by Javi playing terribly in one match. And he won another one. But I won the majority (probably, like, 5 or 6? I dunno it was a lot more than 2, that's all I know lolz).

On day 3 of the tournament he won our first friendly by 1-stock because I killed myself. I then 3-stocked him in a few matches (2 or 3?) and then switched to Fox for the ditto (which Javi won because I had a 100%+ lead but then got bored of his dash dance camp and got b-throw shined like the scrubby noob I am). I got annoyed and went back to Sheik and was going to win that match because I was comboing him to death but then I got called to play Shiz or Hbox or something which was hella gay because I really wanted to kill that ****ing campy *** ***** Mexican Fox troll but my desire to shoot Mexicans was overpowered by my desire to not get DQed from the tournament.
It's hilarious how you got 4-stocked by Javi "playing terribly" , but dont notice how he was sandbagging all the time in friendlies. The difference between Javi playing friendlies (amsah, g$ ,cj, kirbynubkaze) and the real tourney battles is HUGE.

BTW, it would have been better if you get DQed cause your battles were extremely BORING.

Javi is far more entertaining to watch than you, and by far a better player and person.

Come on boy, go ahead and talk **** about Javi or mexicans. You hate his style and i hate bad losers like you, we're even ;)

sauc3

Smash Lord
It's hilarious how you got 4-stocked by Javi "playing terribly" , but dont notice how he was sandbagging all the time in friendlies. The difference between Javi playing friendlies (amsah, g$ ,cj, kirbynubkaze) and the real tourney battles is HUGE.

BTW, it would have been better if you get DQed cause your battles were extremely BORING.

Javi is far more entertaining to watch than you, and by far a better player and person.

Come on boy, go ahead and talk $hit about Javi or mexicans. You hate his style and i hate bad losers like you, we're even ;)
wow, you really have a way of making another persons claims about another person's playstyle apply to you personally.

Rikana

Smash Champion
lol'd at david's comment about mexicans.

And Windrose completely ignored me. Thanks.

Europhoria

Smash Lord

Come on boy, go ahead and talk $hit about Javi or mexicans. You hate his style and i hate bad losers like you, we're even ;)
Get out of the Canada boards you ****ing smelly mexican. Stop posting from a library computer and go back to being a ****ing worthless poor piece of **** living on the street begging for money that would get 4 stocked by KK's Kirby or Unknown's Pichu >_>

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

I applaud anyone who can run away and laser camp hardcore in friendlies and call it sandbagging. Good stuff.

I was evidently trying my hardest when I got so bored of 3-stocking him that I started switching characters on him.

Beneath this wall of idiocy, you do sort of implicate one good point though. I shouldn't be basing my judgment of his skill off his incredibly predictable style and my friendlies. So here's my suggestion: have your boy come back to the states sometime and then we'll settle this.

Also, calling me a loser? Pardon me, but I lost to the 2nd and 3rd placers. Javi wouldn't have gone any further with my bracket. Don't act like he would have.

Javi likely is a nicer person than me. I'm not a nice person.

Top Bottom