• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Bing

Smash Master
Uhh... so again... What hotel you guys staying in or where are you staying? For Apex obviously.

Also I agree with SF, I like using a lot of Character because I find using the Character helps me to learn the Character better and some of their potential, combos, recovery etc. Mind you it is best to stick with your main...

Rikana

Smash Champion
Finally got Dota2!! Someone from HMW's stream last night gave his account to me. He's also from Ontario and recently started learning how to play Melee. He mains Falcon currently. He goes back and forth between London and Brampton. Any Melee players around those areas?

Ministry

Smash Ace

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
so yeah, read all those posts. Wow my name came up a lot.

also Jack. I don't think you know what you're talking about. Bernard gives people advice all the time either when they ask or if he notices something outlandishly bad. He explains a lot of things in dept and does it pretty well.

Also, I give advice to people when they're not playing with me. Or again if I notice something bad while playing them. It's hard to tell people what to do vs yourself. Especially if there is a way to counter said strategy.

edit: on the secondaries comment, it only bugs me when either:
- they play secondaries and expect you to play your main (especially if the secondary is a joke)
- person says that they want serious practice but goes secondaries that they will never use in either that matchup, or use at all.

[/URL]
mind you guys that i play bernard like ... once every 6 months in one whole set where he usually prefers to troll me :laugh:

i don't see why playing the 2ndary vs. your main is a huge issue... a 2ndary is usually a fall back vs a (main) char that you are failing against no? at least that's how i see it as. and when i come over to say i want serious practise i don't see why one (fun) game of a random MU is a problem lol unless i'm not a red flag

man i can't wait for apex... i need it to cheer me up from school aftermath x(

sauc3

Smash Lord
Finally got Dota2!! Someone from HMW's stream last night gave his account to me. He's also from Ontario and recently started learning how to play Melee. He mains Falcon currently. He goes back and forth between London and Brampton. Any Melee players around those areas?
im in london, as well as JPOBS

idea

Smash Master
lol okay.

i wouldn't have minded. i especially wouldn't want to make you feel obligated to enter teams if you don't want to. but if you can't get a refund anyway, might as well try to enjoy it now.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
im in london, as well as JPOBS
Zen, GURU, and I are all in London as well. I think Art still plays, Ben hasn't been playing but I played him recently and he isn't rusty at all somehow, and I want to start playing again but my focus has to stay on Marvel for now until Evo.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Zen, GURU, and I are all in London as well. I think Art still plays, Ben hasn't been playing but I played him recently and he isn't rusty at all somehow, and I want to start playing again but my focus has to stay on Marvel for now until Evo.
Garen is a ****** champion, that is all.

unknown522

Some guy
Jack, reminder to bring your charger and keep it charged and stuff.

I may bring a camera as well cuz bernard wants me to take lots of pics.

edit: I've been watching vids to pass the time and came across this and this. It was kinda ****.

idea

Smash Master
- that picture: i'm saving that
- jack: good quality actually, but i agree with ryan, point it at people mostly. if you're gonna record matches, 1. focus on friendlies and stuff that you aren't already sure is on a recording setup, 2. don't do that thing some people do where you record a match then look away to pan around the venue for like 30 seconds and probably miss something good. so annoying. if you want to show the venue just do a separate video with no shots of actual matches at all.
- charger: yes, bring it, otherwise the camera is approaching useless

unknown522

Some guy
Welp. I'm completely screwed for APEX and possibly my smash career again.

So after I replaced my broken controller a few weeks ago, someone either lost or stole my controller at KK's house. I honestly don't even want to go anymore because of this.

I can't get used to a controller in the next 4-5 days, especially since almost all the ones around me are pretty bad.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
just an observation. If you happen to run into european spacies at apex, i'e notced that they don't like to go for the downward angle to the ledge on their B-up. Very rarely do they go for it because they strongly believe that they will die if you jus take the edge.

so expose them for it.

Cyan_

Smash Lord

So after I replaced my broken controller a few weeks ago, someone either lost or stole my controller at KK's house. I honestly don't even want to go anymore because of this.

I can't get used to a controller in the next 4-5 days, especially since almost all the ones around me are pretty bad.
SOMEONE RETURN IT!!!

caps

idea

Smash Master

:(

if there's still car space i think you should come anyway, just to hang out and stuff.

just an observation. If you happen to run into european spacies at apex, i'e notced that they don't like to go for the downward angle to the ledge on their B-up. Very rarely do they go for it because they strongly believe that they will die if you jus take the edge.

so expose them for it.
seems like canadian foxes do this a lot more than others...maybe europeans go in other directions roughly as often as americans?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i'm disappointed in your faith in my camera skills =p remember this epic set i saved? lol

ryan, i can get you another controller >_> but i won't see you til apex.... was hoping you'd still pay for the other one i got you lol at least you made prize money ;D

oh yeah, i never said i wouldn't be bringing the other camera i always did. the pink one that i borrow from my sister lol. i just felt like stepping up the quality and getting a camcorder. it was sweet cuz it's got 4h battery life (avg ~2hrs for most camcorders) with 60x zoom (avg is like 40). no hd output tho, and igot 4gb sd cards for super duper cheap ;D

so yeah, i'll have plenty of gear to record our trip :)

Izek

Smash Cadet
try your best to listen to the background music in it. sound familiar? ;)

Last edited:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
theres also that sonic beat i think it was also a wiz song, but not too sure

Top Bottom