• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Bing

Smash Master
heh, interesting read.

according to the comments calle w thinks he's better than armada :p unless he was kidding
calle W is a great player, but skill wise, he is defs NOT better then Armada, Armada ***** **** as Peach, which isnt an easy thing to do. Im not putting down Calle W, but im just saying that he's not better then Armada :p

That was a really good read though :p

idea

Smash Master
someone left an unmarked black controller here. probably either supreme dirt or andrea.

...um, can i borrow it for the next tournament :bee:

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
no u can't Kyle, it doesn't belong to you. You should get your disgusting hands off them you damn dirty ape

Windrose

Smash Lord
good luck! I wonder if you can still pass the g1 by just purely memorizing the answers...I heard they got rid of computer tests. Only written versions available now :S

idea

Smash Master
back when i thought i was gonna want to get my license, when i was 16, i took the G1 on computer. if you fail you can immediately pay like $10 to redo it again...the questions were randomized, but there were only so many, so there was lots of overlap.

i can't remember if i had to redo it myself or if it was someone i went with.

Rikana

Smash Champion
David. Take my advice. Get one of those chinese G1 practice books and go through the book once. I swear, the questions on the test are just like the ones in the book. It has english in it so don't worry.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah that controller is mine.

And yeah sure you can use it, I probably won't make the next tourney, money johns and all. Just don't break that C-Stick.

I actually hate that controller. I keep forgetting to remove the top of the C-Stick and the pad from the control stick. Also damn springs, I hate them. Should just use my Brawl controller for Melee, but then no light shielding :/

idea

Smash Master
Ryan, camilo, this was that world of warcraft funeral I was talking about on the way back from Montreal. It was really popular about 5 years ago. this is pretty old footage but you asked to see the video lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw
lol, that's kinda funny

which reminds me, did nick ever hear back from that girl he was trolling :p

Yeah that controller is mine.

And yeah sure you can use it, I probably won't make the next tourney, money johns and all. Just don't break that C-Stick.

I actually hate that controller. I keep forgetting to remove the top of the C-Stick and the pad from the control stick. Also damn springs, I hate them. Should just use my Brawl controller for Melee, but then no light shielding :/
cool, thanks. it feels a little inconsistent, but based on using it for about 10 minutes, it's significantly better than both of my controllers. it's worn-in enough to listen to my hands but not loose enough to do things like upsmash instead of uptilt.

idea

Smash Master
ehh...can't host this weekend, parents are coming back. and next weekend is the tournament. remind me to bring them to that tournament if you can go.

edit: "them" meaning the glasses, not my parents, lol

idea

Smash Master
i wonder who they'd pick if they played this game. man, that's so weird to think about :laugh: i think my mom would play sheik and my dad would play...no, i really can't even guess for him. maybe captain falcon.

anyone have any advice for powershielding falco's lasers, especially with marth? if i am ever going to play marth vs. a falco that will be the first thing i want to learn.

idea

Smash Master
i dunno, maybe. depends how i feel on any particular day.

the characters i've been playing in friendlies for a while now are fox, falco, marth and falcon. my falcon is significantly worse than the other three (none of which are good anyway but lol whatever) and i have a pocket sheik which i don't bother practicing :p sheik isn't that fun for me in friendlies anyway.

so for the next tourney i'll probably go either fox, falco or marth against various people, and vs. falco i think i like using marth the most. either that or falco dittos, but those are kind of ridiculous.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Idea you could always try puff. She is a pretty good character.

just contact some of the gta guys (unknown522, Kirbykaze, Raynex and I.B.)

the last 2 don't play much, but if you can get some practice in with them it would help a lot. They know a lot and would gladly help you improve.

Don't be scared they are really nice.

I.B

Smash Lord
nick you crackfagass

yay david murk that g1 test :)

I'm doing driving school right now and it's sooo horrendously boring... reduced waiting period for G2 and lower insurance rate is worth it though.

idea

Smash Master
Idea you could always try puff. She is a pretty good character.

just contact some of the gta guys (unknown522, Kirbykaze, Raynex and I.B.)

the last 2 don't play much, but if you can get some practice in with them it would help a lot. They know a lot and would gladly help you improve.

Don't be scared they are really nice.
can you teach me about jigglypuff?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
all you need to know is that puff is gay :)

edit: how is the trip for apex 2012 looking? are we making the trip down again? if so, how's the structure looking? i'd def like to work things out so i can go lol

Windrose

Smash Lord
i
anyone have any advice for powershielding falco's lasers, especially with marth? if i am ever going to play marth vs. a falco that will be the first thing i want to learn.
just get someone to practice it with you. you can teach your mom how to shoot lasers and u're all set.
or just use counter!!!!!! I love IB's approach with counter vs falco. it looks really cool.

nick you crackfagass

yay david murk that g1 test :)

I'm doing driving school right now and it's sooo horrendously boring... reduced waiting period for G2 and lower insurance rate is worth it though.
bring a laptop or something. if they ask what it's for, just say you're taking notes! that's what i did for insurance class lol. it was the most boring days of my summer.

I already looked it up.

- Ryan
damn....i guess you didn't like it =( she liked fishing man....

all you need to know is that puff is gay :)

edit: how is the trip for apex 2012 looking? are we making the trip down again? if so, how's the structure looking? i'd def like to work things out so i can go lol
Don't you have class during apex? =( I wanted to go but have class.
Rom 4 seems more likely....but it's during american thanks giving.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
it's totally personal preference/experience
when i ps vs. falco i just get used to hearing the click of falco's laser's and dashing into the ps.
if you get used to reacting to the click, then you can adjust the ps to early/late lasers at different heights i guess tho it takes constant play vs a falco
personally, i can't standing ps, i have to dash into it, and i can't ps with fox/falco lmao i can only do it with ppl like marth/falcon (who imo it's more beneficial to their gameplay anyways, and also have good dashes)

also, if you learn marth vs. falco, learn to react to being lasered in the air. if a falco laser's you close, but not close enough to follow up with a shine, you can pretty much instantly fair/uair to punish the laser, but you have to do it before you land

Don't you have class during apex? =( I wanted to go but have class.
Rom 4 seems more likely....but it's during american thanks giving.
i don't know the actual dates i guess tbh lol. but i think with enough planning it could be done. wouldn't it be over the weekend?

edit: jan 6th to 8th. if anything it's classes on fri/mon being missed. and i think uog has christmas holidays overlapping this potentially since uog's christmas breaks are 3 weeks instead of the standard 2

edit2: my last exam is on dec 16th, and 3 weeks after that is fri jan 6th, so i guess class starts around the 8th?

Top Bottom