• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Rikana

Smash Champion
Someone bus with me to the a&c melee tourney. Or if theres a ride available, that's always a plus. I go by either finch station or Kennedy. Practically the same amount of time.

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just out of curiosity, has anyone been drinking the beers in the basement?

Someone (not sure who) put a half-finished one in the box and it leaked over the floor. I'm not accusing anyone, but if people have been taking alcohol without asking / telling me, that's something I should know just 'cuz... it's mind altering substances in my house. I should know about it :p

My Dad's also kind of cheesed about it.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
People drink your beer without asking?

I wouldn't get a glass of water without asking. Tsk.

idea

Smash Master
there is a tourney this saturday.....

Anyways, I've decided that I want to make a 3 min combo vid of myself before the summer ends, or a 15 min vid of the top 5-6 players. It probably won't have any cool editing (unless someone wants to help me with that). It's time for some serious recording at smashfests.
you have to let me help, i have so much in mind for combos videos already. i'm just being continually lazy. in my head all 4 of your combo videos are already done :p

i mean, pending people agreeing to song choice. i don't want to make a combo video for someone with a song they don't like.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been drinking the beers in the basement?

Someone (not sure who) put a half-finished one in the box and it leaked over the floor. I'm not accusing anyone, but if people have been taking alcohol without asking / telling me, that's something I should know just 'cuz... it's mind altering substances in my house. I should know about it :p

My Dad's also kind of cheesed about it.
heh that's a bit much...you should really ask when it's alcohol guise

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm not sure it's someone in this community tbh. Our house is generally conducive to stuff like that (pop cans exploding because my Dad put them near the heater, etc.) and it was from a while ago; it could have been from months ago for all we know.

I don't recall ever putting a half-finished beer back (I'm more liable to leave it lying around wherever I was drinking it half-finished) but I also lose my memory when I'm drunk so I'm open to the chance it was me. I doubt it, but you never know.

If people are taking that stuff, though, I just want to know about it. Pop is like whatever. Water is whatever. Other stuff you have to ask.

idea

Smash Master
watching mango vs. taj loser's finals, and i finally figured out why doubleshining or whatever at the edge is so useful...if they try to jump it steals their double jump. never really occurred to me before. lol

Ministry

Smash Ace
watching mango vs. taj loser's finals, and i finally figured out why doubleshining or whatever at the edge is so useful...if they try to jump it steals their double jump. never really occurred to me before. lol
someone correct me if I'm wrong

I think they actually double-shine because the knock back of the shine stacks..

i think he ****ed up his double-shine and that's why taj had a chance to jump

Windrose

Smash Lord

Izek

Smash Cadet
just when i'm getting very into this rpg the file gets corrupted </3 :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
someone correct me if I'm wrong

I think they actually double-shine because the knock back of the shine stacks..

i think he ****ed up his double-shine and that's why taj had a chance to jump
there are many reasons to double shine someone's shield at the edge

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
May I come to this smashfest? It's my last day in Toronto and I have nothing to do during the day. If so, text me the address 780 904 6819

I'd also need to borrow a controller. I didn't bring one on this trip.

Bing

Smash Master
bah, you guys dont get it, Im simply stating that Im improving... More-so then anyone gives me credit for. No im just kidding around when I say top 5 within the year, and no im probably not even close to my max potential. Im just saying since moving here, I've taken my **** more seriously. And just saying, the last tournament I attended, i was almost able to beat tect, so, i cant be there far out from being decent can I?

Bing

Smash Master
Its kind of depressing, like Im proud of the fact that Im improving. Like for example, before I left, I could barely wave dash, like I was proud if while playing as Marth I coould wave-dash back to f-smash. Now like, I can wave dash fine, wave-shine, do lots of more technical things. So basically, all I'm trying to say is that Im getting better. Anyways, moving on.

Any tournaments coming up in the next month?

cdp

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm Chris. I just moved back to Oakville recently and I'm looking to get into the GTA scene. I just came from Kingston where I was smashing with Tect, Omni and Europhoria. Some of you guys might remember me from Rom 3 or GO Gaming Ottawa. I play spaceys mainly.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I love how I'm improving in Melee, personally.

I can wave dash now.

And that's pretty much the end of techskill for my character.

Yay Young Link, I guess.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ryan, me and david were talking and decided you should totally throw the next A&C tourny on the 4th of September.

kthnxbie

Ministry

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm Chris. I just moved back to Oakville recently and I'm looking to get into the GTA scene. I just came from Kingston where I was smashing with Tect, Omni and Europhoria. Some of you guys might remember me from Rom 3 or GO Gaming Ottawa. I play spaceys mainly.
lol oakville, There is a spacie main called madj (steve) that lives in oakville he doesnt post much though lives around third line and upper middle

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
*****es don't know about 6 year old parkinson's editing.
dang this is sig worthy. if only i didn't just get a new one

Any tournaments coming up in the next month?
St. Melee august 27th yayaya whats up tooooys

I tried to make the tournament thread twice now, but i did it on saux's computer and he has ****ty internet and it crashed both times.. so ill make it tonight..

we have the venue already.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Is this the same person that played in that ottawa tournament not too long ago?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Anyone up for smash at my place tomorrow? I have 2 CRT for setups (one which I have to carry down so I would prefer that someone brings the extra setup instead). I get home around 5:30. You guys can stay until 11ish and leave before 12. Pm me if interested. Closest intersection is brimley and steeles.

Top Bottom