• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeah that is just ********.

serious business: I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to being allowed to go to pound 4. so I was wondering...does anyone happen to have space for a huge scrub in their car to wherever you guys are going (airport or straight the venue?). If so, could I maybe get in there perhaps?

If not, that is completely fine, I'll hopefully still find a way to get over there somehow....maybe with brawl peeps or something.

idea

Smash Master
no, because we don't plan stuff very far ahead of time. and we don't have any sort of routine for casuals...unless you count york university on wednesdays, which isn't going on right now since it's the winter break. but if someone is hosting and they want lots of people to come they'll mention it here.

.BlurR

Smash Cadet
no, because we don't plan stuff very far ahead of time. and we don't have any sort of routine for casuals...unless you count york university on wednesdays, which isn't going on right now since it's the winter break. but if someone is hosting and they want lots of people to come they'll mention it here.
The York University thing is kind of being taken over by brawl....sighh
WE HAVE TO FIGHT BACK!! lol
I'm only half-joking...

idea

Smash Master
nah, that's just right now. melee takes really distinct breaks. it doesn't help that david and i don't have classes right now, so we don't have the usual motivation to go, and if david doesn't go then ryan is less likely to, so it's kind of a domino effect.

.BlurR

Smash Cadet
nah, that's just right now. melee takes really distinct breaks. it doesn't help that david and i don't have classes right now, so we don't have the usual motivation to go, and if david doesn't go then ryan is less likely to, so it's kind of a domino effect.
True
Can't wait until next sem

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
happy popping out of your mamma's vajayjay remembrance day, bernard.

about the tourney on jan 9th, I checked with the venue owner, and it seems like the place is already rented out for a street fighter tournament, so it can't be on that date. If you guys want to choose another date for a mtl tournament, it would be swell, and I could arrange it. So you guys should talk between each other and figure out how to plan a car pool system, and when you get another date, you can tell me and I'll redo the whole process.

basically I'd like a big event with most of the active smashers from t.o., brampton, niagara, mtl, and possibly active ottawa.

edit: for melee at least. if possible we can have a side event, as long as it's not brawl normal. We could have SFIV easily, possibly brawl+ if it sparks enough interest. all melee would be ok too, as we could have Quebec vs Ontario again, with teams and doubles. venue is open from 11am til 3am, downtown. bars around everywhere, strippers too for those who want to, transit is easy to work with.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
happy birthday raynex.

unknown: my favorite gamecube games are metroid prime, tales of symphonia, viewtiful joe, resident evil 4 and prince of persia, any of those would be good buys imo

idea

Smash Master
haha, i might have found a new glitch in dkc2. i was on that level with the bouncy tires, and i accidentally picked up and threw diddy at one, then jumped over it with dixie. it somehow pulled diddy down the cliff just behind me before he could stand back up. i didn't see him anywhere so i figured he was dead, even though i didn't hear the normal 'i'm dead' noise. later in the level i got hit with just dixie, and it looked like the game froze...but then after a few seconds diddy came flying in from the left side of the screen.

i guess the game trapped him in his 'lying down' animation at the bottom of that cliff. or something. it was weird.

.BlurR

Smash Cadet
Anyone have and suggestions of cube/wii games I could get?

There's so many out there, but I don't have that many and a lot look unappealing...
Paper Mario!!! If you like that sort of game >.> really funny dialogue in there haha

unknown522

Some guy
happy birthday raynex.

unknown: my favorite gamecube games are metroid prime, tales of symphonia, viewtiful joe, resident evil 4 and prince of persia, any of those would be good buys imo
Paper Mario!!! If you like that sort of game >.> really funny dialogue in there haha
This. Melee only ever leaves my cube for Paper Mario.

alright, I was thinking of DLing viewtiful joe. The other games listed I already have.

Paper mario TTYD is one of the greatest games ever.

danger mario is gay.

keep the suggestions coming.

the games I have right now off the top of my head:

real cube games:
paper mario
double dash
smash
metroid prime
mario sunshine
twilight princess
spiderman 1
wrestlemania XIIX

burned games:
pikmin 1
pikmin 2
Phantasy Star Online (not working yet)
smash
XG3
XGRA
tales of symphonia
beyond good and evil
prince of persia: two thrones
lost kingdoms
megaman X: command mission
fire emblem: path of radiance
baten kaitos
gotcha force (lol)
timesplitters 2
snes9x emulator (dunno why I wasted a disk on that)

real wii:
wii sports

burned wii:
mario galaxy
super paper mario
new mario bros wii
Guilty gear XX: Accent core
pokemon battle revolution
metroid prime 3: corruption

currently DLing:
PSO (again)
star wars rogue squadron II: rouge leader
star wars rogue squadron III: rebel strike

idea

Smash Master
ryan, i can lend you viewtiful joe if you want. i have it but never play it. (it's pretty good but not my sort of thing)

you can also borrow starfox assault if you want <_<

idea

Smash Master
k.

oh, i could also lend you metroid prime 2. i mean, most people will say it's worse than the first one (i probably agree but i'd have to play it again), but it's not like it's horrible or anything. i definitely like the torvus bog area. the music is so relaxing =)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lost Kingdoms
Lost Kingdoms II
Resident Evil 1 'REmake'
LoZ collectors edition w/ OoT and MM
Eternal Darkness
F Zero GX
DBZ Tenkaichi III (If you like DBZ)
Monster Hunter III

I know a bunch more, but thats all I can think of right now.

Yeah MP2 isn't as good as MP, but imo its better then MP3, lol.

HBD Bernard, btw, wtf I thought you were older then me.

Top Bottom