• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

sauc3

Smash Lord
I wanted to host my tourney on the 9th on January, but chester if you're going to host yours then, then I'll just push mine back to the 23rd.

Also there will be no venue fee as well as housing for those who need it. Hopefully you GTA guys can make it down. Let me know.

I.B

Smash Lord
I'll see if I have enough money. Cuz there's also Niko's tourney on the 30th.

Man tourneys are everywhere now.

Dec.12th - New Bark Town
January 9th - possible Montreal tourney
January 16th - Pound 4
January 23th - Sauce london tourney
January 30th - Niko niagara tourney

Holy ****

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I was fiddling around with the settings after reading the new ruleset for Melee and I have found that if you set the Damage ratio to 1.2 the game becomes very different and low tiers seem to have a better chance against higher tiers.

I want to have a smashfest to test this out. Is anyone interested?

Phibonnachee

Smash Rookie
Is there some biweekly or monthly that people in the GTA tend to attend? I wanna start playing non-wifi brawl so im just looking for places around Toronto that people tend to go to. Maybe Kirbykaze knows.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So guess what guys.

My internet has been out for a few hours.

I have my essay due in, I figure, 6 hours.

Get at me.

Still need about 3 pages. ****.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hi Josh.

By increasing the size of the periods from 12 to 14, I added half a page.

Now I only need 1.7 pages, so 0.85 if you count them as single-spaced.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
ight well now that i have a vid for bernard.....i can edit and post the vid

edit: fail i forgot my ipod jack at home so cant work on it till i go back to toronto..which is the 22nd, lol i'l upload the vid for christmas then :D

idea

Smash Master
I was fiddling around with the settings after reading the new ruleset for Melee and I have found that if you set the Damage ratio to 1.2 the game becomes very different and low tiers seem to have a better chance against higher tiers.

I want to have a smashfest to test this out. Is anyone interested?
not really =P

in the prof's inbox

also some one wana find me a clip of bernard to use in the dam TT combo vid?

also kyle i was gona use this clip for u, or i have one other one were its like pound up tilt rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUoy7DR-fZw
eh, i guess that's okay. i'll just make sure to get some good ones recorded for the actual video...something more wavedashy.

i think the mango one's best, just cause then we can put him in the 'getting combo'd' credits.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Not even a little? I mean, it's not like I'm going to rule my house with an iron fist and force everyone to play 1.2. I just want to test it out with people.

It's still a smashfest offering.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
ok so im playing major's mask again, cuz i figured out how to get my ps3 controller to work wit my emulators it wasnt working wit some of the nintendo ones for so some ****ed up reason, but anyways i forgot most of the **** about the game, is it worth it to get all the fairies in the forest temple? also i had a huge headache so like in the first part of the game i just got the moons tear and just stood at the door, wat did i miss in the town? also which mask is for the frogs again?

lol ryan this questions mostly for u XD

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
ok so im playing major's mask again, cuz i figured out how to get my ps3 controller to work wit my emulators it wasnt working wit some of the nintendo ones for so some ****ed up reason, but anyways i forgot most of the **** about the game, is it worth it to get all the fairies in the forest temple? also i had a huge headache so like in the first part of the game i just got the moons tear and just stood at the door, wat did i miss in the town? also which mask is for the frogs again?

lol ryan this questions mostly for u XD
Lol wow I just started playing it again to. in the first temple it is not worth getting the fairies because it just gives you a better spin attack which you dont really need. The temples after that you should get the fairies though . =D

weon - X

Smash Ace
hi, i live in newmarket (just moved in), so if anybody wants to play melee please pm me or anything ... i really wanna play u.u

i starded about a year ago and i have contacted some of you, but people are just busy i guess

i still think i have a load of **** to learn from this friggin game that sometimes just blows me away cause its so hard to learn, but thats the main reason i love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeJVp7jhmA here's a vid of me playing (in tournament), i still consider myself a noob u.u and i really wanna get better

Cyas

btw im fox in that vid :p

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hi, i live in newmarket (just moved in), so if anybody wants to play melee please pm me or anything ... i really wanna play u.u

i starded about a year ago and i have contacted some of you, but people are just busy i guess

i still think i have a load of **** to learn from this friggin game that sometimes just blows me away cause its so hard to learn, but thats the main reason i love it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeJVp7jhmA here's a vid of me playing (in tournament), i still consider myself a noob u.u and i really wanna get better

Cyas

btw im fox in that vid :p
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255665 all the melee players in ontario are in that thread

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Not really, at outbreak after I saw Raynex and his fox I got inspired to get better at this game.

It is however, 50 times harder than brawl and requires 100 times more focus, concentration and dedication, you can't just get "good", I have a new respect for melee.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
New respect? lmao

If only you were around more often to play in the past. Melee is an incredibly difficult game to get into, to become a top professional player. And for that, the top of the heap in that game is that much more admirable. This isn't to knock Brawl in any way (as I've made the change to it myself), but to give mad props to one of the more difficult competitive fighters out there, and the dedicated competitive foundation that holds it together.

Melee rocks.

Actually, you know what? Super Smash Bros. in general rocks.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol yo guys did u no that the dude who plays the voice of yami yugi on yu gi oh is on pokemon now he plays the gym leader voices its pretty jokes, ash told his pokemon to trip the other pokemon then to hit while he was on the ground lol pokemon to good

weon - X

Smash Ace
Not really, at outbreak after I saw Raynex and his fox I got inspired to get better at this game.

It is however, 50 times harder than brawl and requires 100 times more focus, concentration and dedication, you can't just get "good", I have a new respect for melee.
lolololololololol :laugh: thanks for stating the obvious

Top Bottom