• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
versus mode in starfox assault is mad coo
yeah standing on those arwings while sniping ppl .

and unknown try capcom vs snk 2, Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2, SONIC ADVENTURE BATTLE 2, soul caliber 2, sonic riders, spongebob battle for bikini bottom <----OH ****TT. Lets not forget Disneys magical mirror: starring mickey mouse or Donald Duck: goin quackers..jk

unknown522

Some guy
k.

oh, i could also lend you metroid prime 2. i mean, most people will say it's worse than the first one (i probably agree but i'd have to play it again), but it's not like it's horrible or anything. i definitely like the torvus bog area. the music is so relaxing =)
It's pretty good. I beat it a few times when bernard lent it to me.

Lost Kingdoms
Lost Kingdoms II
Resident Evil 1 'REmake'
LoZ collectors edition w/ OoT and MM
Eternal Darkness
F Zero GX
DBZ Tenkaichi III (If you like DBZ)
Monster Hunter III

I know a bunch more, but thats all I can think of right now.

Yeah MP2 isn't as good as MP, but imo its better then MP3, lol.

HBD Bernard, btw, wtf I thought you were older then me.
Alright thanks, I'll check out:

lost kingdoms II
RE1
Eternal Darkness
Monster hunter III
F-Zero GX

I forgot that I still have my friend's LoZ collecters edition. It's been like 2 years.
I don't like tenkaichi III
F-Zero GX is a lot of fun.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I'm getting into this game heavy now, the brawl scene pisses me off. I'll do whatever I have to do to get good at this game, is Captain Falcon tournament viable?

.Marik

is a social misfit
is Captain Falcon tournament viable?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

He's like the seventh best in the entire game.

Not immediately top tier like Fox, Falco and Marth, but top of high tier.

He's definitely tournament viable.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Lost Kingdoms
Lost Kingdoms II
Resident Evil 1 'REmake'
LoZ collectors edition w/ OoT and MM
Eternal Darkness
F Zero GX
DBZ Tenkaichi III (If you like DBZ)
Monster Hunter III

I know a bunch more, but thats all I can think of right now.

Yeah MP2 isn't as good as MP, but imo its better then MP3, lol.

HBD Bernard, btw, wtf I thought you were older then me.
How old are you?

and thanks :D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

He's like the seventh best in the entire game.

Not immediately top tier like Fox, Falco and Marth, but top of high tier.

He's definitely tournament viable.
He is tourney viable but he has bad matchups against like 4 characters. Fox, Falco, Sheik and maybe Jiggs. He might go even with marth/Peach and he beats Ganon "usually" lol.

.Marik

is a social misfit
And Marth, but he's still tournament viable as a whole, though.

And he has some bad matchups, which is why I consider him high tier and not top tier.

.Marik

is a social misfit
NO PROBLEM, I DON'T WANT TO GIVE OFF THE IMPRESSION I'M IGNORANT ABOUT MY MELEE MAIN, JUST SO WE'RE AWARE BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO NITPICK MY POSTS.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOOOOOL.

:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

.Marik

is a social misfit
HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS PLACE HAS SOME FUNNY PEOPLE WHO POST REALLY FUNNY THINGS LOLOLOL.

:yoshi:

.Marik

is a social misfit
Hurm. You're better at Melee than me, but it's probably slightly Marth's favour because of character-specific attributes.

How many of you can see the subliminal message in my avatar?

Awesome points rewarded if you notice it.

idea

Smash Master
I'm getting into this game heavy now, the brawl scene pisses me off. I'll do whatever I have to do to get good at this game, is Captain Falcon tournament viable?
yeah, but...falcon gets hit really hard by lots of characters and basically has to do extended combos to keep up, which is not easy (but not absurdly hard either). and everyone has such an easy time edgeguarding him. very fun though.

He is tourney viable but he has bad matchups against like 4 characters. Fox, Falco, Sheik and maybe Jiggs. He might go even with marth/Peach and he beats Ganon "usually" lol.
i loooove the jiggs falcon matchup =D it's so relaxing to play a falcon after a fox. i don't have to pay nearly as much attention.

Hurm. You're better at Melee than me, but it's probably slightly Marth's favour because of character-specific attributes.

too many posts at once, slow down and let other people talk a bit =P or wait longer and quote several people at once, like this. it just saves a lot of space.

also, if we became aware that we saw it, it wouldn't be subliminal anymore. (whatever it is)

.Marik

is a social misfit
True, but I'm not going to reveal the subliminal message, I'm just asking if people notice it.

It individuals figure it out, it doesn't take away the fact the message is embedded within the image and hidden.

Allright, I'll stop posting. New page get.

I.B

Smash Lord
yeah, but...falcon gets hit really hard by lots of characters and basically has to do extended combos to keep up, which is not easy (but not absurdly hard either)
Ehhh, not really. Falcon's best bet is to keep the combos short and just get them off stage with knee, even at mid-percents. You'd be surprised at the opportunities a Falcon player loses when they're going for long-*** combos vs. people who know how to DI.

idea

Smash Master
okay, but i meant maybe a grab and 4 or 5 hits =P i'm a jigglypuff main. 2 hits is a combo dammit.

that does make sense, though. his edgeguarding is pretty good.

I.B

Smash Lord
I had air combos in mind over tech chasing, so when you say grab -> "4 or 5 hits", it sounds impractical unless your opponent completely fails at DI.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
True, but I'm not going to reveal the subliminal message, I'm just asking if people notice it.
The subliminal message is
SEX

Falcon's best things are his dash dance zoning, priority when his Nair comes out (and a few other moves), and punishment. Whether his punishment is more tech chase or combo is difficult to discern but both are completely necessary. His Knee usually kills or puts people in an edgeguard position, which is an extension of punishment.

Overall he's bad against people that he can't sufficiently punish either because they control the game too much.

Sheik, Falco control him and do things he can't or has immense trouble punishing a lot. Specifically, Sheik overrides his priority and does better punishes, while demanding superior precision on Falcon's part to get punishes because she doesn't lag or have start-up time. Falco shoots him, does very good punishes, and has faster startup on moves.

Puff he can't do anything about her duck except super low moves, which sacrifice his priority because he can't use an active hitbox to defend himself. She's also just as ranged as him on moves (Bair) and can use faster-starting, active hitbox moves (Nair, Fair) in close quarters to irritate him and prod for openings with high safety. Also, she can't really be comboed after all of this (unlike Fox, Falco, Sheik) because of her unique physics. She doesn't instant-**** him when she hits him, however, unlike Fox, Falco, Sheik, and not having the Shine is also greatly appreciated on Falcon's behalf.

Fox has faster moves in close quarters (Shine, Nair, etc) and overall better movement, and great punishes. He's a better character, that does better things. Can't comment more, because I don't understand the matchup very well beyond the basics.

Falcon is tournament viable, but he also has a very steep learning curve, and has numerous exploitable weaknesses.

unknown522

Some guy

marth doesn't have the advantage.

Also, bernard I need your melee iso so I can update hacks

.Marik

is a social misfit
It just seems that way, since Marth can exploit Falcon easier than Falcon can exploit Marth, particularly at close-range combat.

But I trust you.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
psh usually, all the time kage lol jk

oh also who ever was posting about the falcon being in tournies i'll mm ur falcon in the ditto :D 5$

Top Bottom