• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
Well, the thing is this year ONLY melee is being given that exceptions to have an entry fee, BUT 20% of the pot is going towards management. Which is basically Anime North but what they're doing with it is donating it to Toronto Sick Kids Hospital so you can't really argue that too much.

But i did mention to Mike that this year the problem we're having isn't set-ups or anything along those lines, but actual space. This year we only get basically 25% of that huge room we had for gaming last year =(

And I did you just fail if you didn't see my message =)
Ahh, Tameka I love you!! And whoever else pushed for it at AN. Even if space is an issue, we'll still manage. I'm going to help you guys organize + bring 3-4 setups as usual ^-^

*huggles*

Sanu

Smash Champion
Old and Noteworthy Threads!
*I was bored*

East Canada Team thread Discussion for the first TransCanada - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63533
Interesting Notes
* PKMVodka talked a lot of **** back in the day... but rightfully so XD
* Vwins and Bam were not considered to be good during this time period... oddly o_O
* Considering the active players, TO was definitely the worst region at this point. It's pretty lawlworthy to see >>them fight so hard for their spots... while all the good people in TO at the time were all inactive XD (Marco, >>Mk0, Kingsly, etc.).
* Marco hasn't changed at all XD.
DeLorted: Ice barely ever plays competitively or cares much about how he places. He's crazy good when he tries, but he barely ever does try. He has more fun ****ing around in SSBM.

Stos' 14th Birthday Smashfest
- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=82948
Intersting Notes
* Stos made this thread when he was 13 xfd
* Stos didn't know how to type when he was 13 xfd
* Stos clearly had no friends if he had to invite random people from the internet to his b-day party when he was >>13 xfd
* Stos ended up canceling the tournament, been flopping since he was 13 xfd
* Stos still loves pink poodles to this day.

Adnan and an IRL friend of mine - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107413
Interesting Notes
* This guy owned the **** out of me in Melee and 64 back in the day... and also managed to erase my original >>Melee data.
* We had a falling out two years ago and I haven't talked to him since :(
* He never actually ended up playing Adnan.

Pyroloserkid and Ken?
- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=107249
Interesting Notes
* So Steve didn't know how to navigate forums back in the day <_<
* lolwut ken moderation.

Afro... Ninja joins the fray! - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=58851
Interesting Notes
* There exists an Afro_Ninja. That's about it :laugh:

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
remind me to learn a low tier.

and i should play my y. link against your link sometime. it's not good or anything, just a thought =P

edit: and the music was good until the guy started singing <_<
alright haha

also what song are you talking about?

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, Tameka I love you!! And whoever else pushed for it at AN. Even if space is an issue, we'll still manage. I'm going to help you guys organize + bring 3-4 setups as usual ^-^

*huggles*

Thanks so much Josh =D.
About the organization and how everything is going on that end, I'll be able to let you know after the next meeting in about 2 weeks.

And FTR, I would like to make sure the smash will always have an area to play throughout the weekend. But with the shortage of space this year, that might be an issue. However, if you guys set up right outside the room, you're technically not in the "official" gaming area so you could potentially camp out there all weekend =D.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
so AN is jewing melee.

lol that stos thread is too funny.
not really.... well actually yeah, cause i swear it was a fight to even get it in the program. And then when I did they only wanted Brawl at first cause apparently Melee was "dead". LOL

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Brawl is dying too though.

Neither of them are exactly mainstream fighting games. At all. And, quite honestly, they never were. If you're going to include one, you might as well include the other for posterity's sake.

On that note, we had more people watching our 1v1 friendlies in the corner on our lone Melee setup last AN than the Brawl finals on the projector in the middle of the room.

idea

Smash Master
^ aha, good point. melee is so ****ed cool. that feature of it has always transcended competitive aspects. this is why i know people who have no concept of competitive melee and still hate brawl.

i'd like to see a resurgence of smash 64. that game has always been so much fun, and i never get any practice with it. at the moment my strategies are 1) pick ness, use dair; 2) pick kirby, use dair and fair; 3) pick pikachu.

plus, 64 has such a retro feel to it. josh, when i get you to set up brawl+ on my wii, will that make it possible to get smash 64 on it too?

idea

Smash Master
hi. most of this thread is spam. but every once in a while something about events will be posted.

from the york thread:

first time posting here =P I wanted to check out if u guy sgonna keep having this smash meeting till July. This is cuz I'm from Brazil, and i should be going to Toronto for a couple of weeks to a friends house, and it's always cool playing with foreign people. Ive been playin smahs for arnd 5 yrs, been to many brazilian competitions and I'm totally into brawl aswell. Waiting for a reply =P

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
im free saturday sunday.
but not my house.

Afro i really want to see the trailer..

Top Bottom