• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

I.B

Smash Lord
Anyone know good software (that isn't WMM) to capture video? I want one that I can easily and quickly record multiple matches with.

idea

Smash Master
and similarly, what's something good for recording just your computer? in case i ever try to speedrun games. (they wouldn't be legitimate without the console, but still)

i swear that rolling thing works, i've done it 3 or 4 times to david's marth. one time was weird and on brinstar, but then the others were on normal stages.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
and similarly, what's something good for recording just your computer? in case i ever try to speedrun games. (they wouldn't be legitimate without the console, but still)

i swear that rolling thing works, i've done it 3 or 4 times to david's marth. one time was weird and on brinstar, but then the others were on normal stages.
camstudio is a really good screen recording, but some emulators have built in recording options.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
It's a long way off, but how are people getting to SuperCansir's Brampton tournament? If Julian decides to come, he's driving Paul and myself, so we'll have room in the car for two more. I imagine that the GTA registered for Melee only? I did Melee and Barlw, for a little bit of IRL trolling. Well, I'm not out to ruin anyone's fun. I just play an almost excessively campy Snake, which will definitely piss off more than a few people, but I can see myself winning a lot.

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
do it

i was going to go play brawl

as like... DDD

because all he really does is shield > b-air out of shield or grab

and he honestly just does cgs

and it pisses people off

i don't play brawl to win

i play brawl to piss people the **** off.

i always also contemplating to pick up mk and learn to plank.

again just to piss people off and quit the game.

**** YEAH PLANK

idea

Smash Master
if i'm not busing with anyone, i call one of those two spots.
(look bernard, i'm learning :bee:)

and lol at the rest of it. i might enter brawl too. it mostly depends on how many notable players are there, cause i know i won't get far. i'll probably play marth a lot. maybe a little dedede. and metaknight of course.

edit: don't ACTUALLY piss people off though, that's not cool. just kind of playfully. i'll have fun beating campy players without camping though =D

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Eric told me that he ruffled more than a few feathers at OiN4 with mach tornado spam, with the intent to prove a point about Brawl. But yeah, like I said, I'm not there to make enemies; Snake demands to be played in an excessively campy way, I want to win and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't play. Chances are I won't get too far, but I want to pit myself against players who have really committed to Brawl and see how well I do. Melee is my focus for Brampton though.

I'm still not 100% sure if Julian will be driving on that day, or coming at all, but if he is, there's only one seat left now. Get it while it's hot.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i want to go.
i might ask my dad for a ride.
um im going for melee and i'll try out brawl i guess.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ yeah haha.
um yeah more link dittos would be really fun and plus I need to be more comtable in that match up.
"sex with my elfs, snow white style"

idea

Smash Master
Eric told me that he ruffled more than a few feathers at OiN4 with mach tornado spam, with the intent to prove a point about Brawl. But yeah, like I said, I'm not there to make enemies; Snake demands to be played in an excessively campy way, I want to win and if they can't handle it, they shouldn't play. Chances are I won't get too far, but I want to pit myself against players who have really committed to Brawl and see how well I do. Melee is my focus for Brampton though.

I'm still not 100% sure if Julian will be driving on that day, or coming at all, but if he is, there's only one seat left now. Get it while it's hot.
i'll agree that snake (and a bunch of characters) certainly lend themselves well to camping, but it's not a necessity. the obvious example is ally's snake. have you seen him play? it's crazy...he techchases and predicts people and stuff =S and combos with explosives. and for the most part he approaches people too.

i guess that's the one good thing about metaknight...there's no need to camp when you're the fastest character with the highest priority.

i'm gonna stop saying 'camp' so much though. it's an extreme on the scale that most people don't reach. 'defensive' and 'offensive' make more sense to me.

another way not to camp (lol) in brawl: marth! spamming side-b works really well, and spacing aerials comes naturally to a jigglypuff player. or a...player.

edit: giga, link vs. jiggs in brawl? =D

idea

Smash Master
i always find it funny how, if you miss an up-b with marth, they can't really punish you. i mean, what are they gonna do, charge a smash? and do 20% maybe? i'm used to losing a stock if i miss things like that.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Just remember to C4 and grenade yourself at the start of each stock vs Falco so you can't be CGed.
This is actually a losing strategy, if you put the extra percentage on on purpose Falco can just camp you, and still has a good combo/followup game when you're at medium percentages, plus when Falco gets Snake off the ledge he's in bad shape regardless of if he set you up with a cg or not...

Oh Falco, the only character thats top tier in Brawl AND Melee... If Falco was in 64 we can only assume he'd be a beast :laugh:

Osman

Smash Apprentice
i'll agree that snake (and a bunch of characters) certainly lend themselves well to camping, but it's not a necessity. the obvious example is ally's snake. have you seen him play? it's crazy...he techchases and predicts people and stuff =S and combos with explosives. and for the most part he approaches people too.

i guess that's the one good thing about metaknight...there's no need to camp when you're the fastest character with the highest priority.

i'm gonna stop saying 'camp' so much though. it's an extreme on the scale that most people don't reach. 'defensive' and 'offensive' make more sense to me.

another way not to camp (lol) in brawl: marth! spamming side-b works really well, and spacing aerials comes naturally to a jigglypuff player. or a...player.

edit: giga, link vs. jiggs in brawl? =D
That's so weird, I was actually watching Ally videos before you even posted. He's really good, though I would say he generally hangs back, tries to force an advantage with some 'jectiles, then "rides it all the way to victory," to quote David Sirlin :laugh:. Tech chasing is pretty difficult in Brawl, what with really long tech rolls and no block stun, but it doesn't seem to matter to Ally. What you said about camping is true, no one really plays like that. Then again, I've seen a Brawl match between DSF and Futile; 4 stocks, it lasted 10 ****ING MINUTES. That's camping.

Edit: Bernard, you can get a ride with Julian only if you sit in my lap. The empty seat will be reserved for the boom box that I'm bringing, which will be playing a little bit of this.

Edit x2:

^ Your mind: ****ed.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, no, people still camp like crazy in brawl, but it's not totally widespread. seems to be more of a noob tactic, even if it does work really well. at let's brawl toronto, at one point i took a break from melee to walk around and watch some matches. i watched three matches in that time...seven minutes, 3 stock...and two of them timed out. that's pretty sad =P

i guess for other people...i could use the cold war as an analogy. yeah, you could BOTH camp a lot, but then you'd BOTH lose. or you could both not do that and both enjoy the game. seems like more and more people are choosing the second option. that's also the one where the world doesn't get exploded, so good choice everyone.

idea

Smash Master
alright guys, request: the brawl match with plank vs. someone (omni? forte?) in a metaknight ditto on green greens, where he camps the ledge so hard at the end that the other guy kills himself. this is the last match of grand finals by the way.

edit: nevermind, i found it. i DID favourite it after all. and i was wrong about the players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBxjydK6WZw&feature=channel_page

you can see why i thought it was plank though =)

Europhoria

Smash Lord
So I was just screwing around vs. a level 1 Falcon. I botched a walk off f-air, I was getting edgehogged but he did the stand up attack from the ledge >_> but it phantom hit me so I got edgehogged anyways. X.X fail

idea

Smash Master
are spots in theoretical cars already filled for TO4?

i'm not sure about that one anyway, york might be getting off strike then. once school resumes we'll have to do lots of stuff quickly.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
hmm.

I've been practicing too.

Marth is really gay on FD. REALLY REALLY GAY. Remember when I'd just call grabs on your Imadh then simply grab you through moves @ ryan's?

lulz gay

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I'm ordering a GameBridge today, I can start bringing my laptop to fests.

Edit: ****, they're all sold out. Is there anywhere else I can get one other than Amazon? How else can you easily record matches? I've never tried before, but I'm interested in doing so; isn't there a thread on here somewhere about it?

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
i'm making good progress on kaizo mario on my ds lol
but i just found out that the screen might be messed up.. it doesn't see low enough, so i can't get through the part with the opening/closing boxes. i can't see where i'm stepping so i'll die LOL
hey berny
i got a massage
ON MAH AYUZZ
lmfao.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so im guessing ths next next big event for us is grmos tourney. Well for the ones not going ooc.

yay rapesies

Top Bottom