• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
kyle are u still going to go if i dont?..like with bus?
not sure. busing was landy's plan, so if you can't drive us and he and whoever else are still willing to bus, i'd be up for that. i suppose we all need to decide what we're doing soon, though.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lols, after incredibly fail getting home bus stuff, I am finally back.

It only took about 8 hours from leaving the venue. I am past 24 hours of sleep, it's to late to go to bed now. Imma just see how long I can go.

MARCO! Where were you? :(
You would have had massive fun coming back with us.

We started walking hoping to take public transit to the bus terminal. The buses never came. So after about 45 minutes in the cold we got a taxi to the bus station. Then when I get there, there was a greyhound bus leaving (that was about 12:15). Our bus wasn't supposed to come until 1:00.

So we waited in a bar for about 15 minutes before it closed, then we waited in the cold from about 12:35 to about 2:00 (yeah, our bus didn't come). Then we walked down to the RBC and sat in there until about 4:00 where my dad came and picked me Mike and Kyle up and took us back to Toronto. My dad dropped them off too, we didn't get home until about 7:30.

Oh and there was a bum sleeping in the RBC too. And there were some drunks getting busted up by cops outside, and drunks walking around everywhere.

Mike and Kyle were so tired, because they were up like regular on Friday, and took a super early bus to St Catharines, and stayed in the RBC and a Tim Horton's Saturday morning, then went though everything like I said. So they were going on 48 hours of no sleep.

Man he was so ****ing dead in the car. They were sleeping all over the place. And they slept through it, but a couple people spinned out on the road, one person careened into the ditch lol.

:bee:

worldjem7

Smash Ace
ryan posting:

man, poor mike, are you going to sleep soon?

you also have to tell me about the bus home failure.

also, marco where were you?

idea

Smash Master
did anyone do the "housing - thanks RBC" shoutout in the thread yet? i didn't check but someone should.

wow, people spun out? =S definitely slept through that. i just saw that one guy sliding across lanes as if it were a racing game and that was the best tactic.

thanks again for your dad driving us back landy, it made such a huge difference. i'm all warm and have had sleep now =)

that tournament was mostly avoiding frostbite, with some melee mixed in. man niagara is cold. in the end it wasn't even snowing that bad, it was just really really cold instead. honestly my whole feet felt frozen after the waiting for the bus that didn't come part...when we were walking to rbc the second time they had lost a lot of the normal sensitivity, it was really weird.

uhh. actual tournament ran well enough. not enough food near the venue (my meal that day was 2 slices of pizza...still don't know who took the theoretical third one from my share). not many setups for melee but melee is fast-paced so we did well enough. most of the delays in pools were cause people had to do their brawl matches too. i did well in pools, but lost to mike and then soap's sheik right away and got eliminated. i kind of choked vs. his sheik...it was good but i still could have won. i got like two rests over the course of 3 matches and they were still all close.

good job ryan or bernard for winning singles, and ally for winning brawl singles, and ally's team for winning brawl doubles, and ryan and bernard for wining melee doubles. i dunno if results are up yet but that's for sure what happened.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
My family thinks that the times posted everywhere on greyhound were actually wrong.

1:00 departure, 1:25 arrival in Mississauga is impossible, the bus would have to go about 200km/h. That bus that left just as we got there was probably the actual time that should have been on the site and my ticket and crap.

Perfect ****ing timing... :( ****

did anyone do the "housing - thanks RBC" shoutout in the thread yet? i didn't check but someone should.

wow, people spun out? =S definitely slept through that. i just saw that one guy sliding across lanes as if it were a racing game and that was the best tactic.

thanks again for your dad driving us back landy, it made such a huge difference. i'm all warm and have had sleep now =)

that tournament was mostly avoiding frostbite, with some melee mixed in. man niagara is cold. in the end it wasn't even snowing that bad, it was just really really cold instead. honestly my whole feet felt frozen after the waiting for the bus that didn't come part...when we were walking to rbc the second time they had lost a lot of the normal sensitivity, it was really weird.

uhh. actual tournament ran well enough. not enough food near the venue (my meal that day was 2 slices of pizza...still don't know who took the theoretical third one from my share). not many setups for melee but melee is fast-paced so we did well enough. most of the delays in pools were cause people had to do their brawl matches too. i did well in pools, but lost to mike and then soap's sheik right away and got eliminated. i kind of choked vs. his sheik...it was good but i still could have won. i got like two rests over the course of 3 matches and they were still all close.

good job ryan or bernard for winning singles, and ally for winning brawl singles, and ally's team for winning brawl doubles, and ryan and bernard for wining melee doubles. i dunno if results are up yet but that's for sure what happened.
LOL. Yeah, making that post in the results thread if it ever gets posted. XD

The cars wavedashed around, but they failed a bit, only one car kinda looked cool on the way back after dropping you guys off, he kinda did this spin out and 180'd then just played along and pretended to like, do a u-turn like thing.

Good times. I need new shoes.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
wow spun out huh... never a dull moment this whole weekend. as for housing at least be happy it wasn't shady bar #'s 1 through 3 lolz... but wait didn't you guys leave b 4 us? Andy wasnt i gonna catch the 1 am bus too, man that would have f***ing sucked. O well, nvr rely on greyhound... EVER AGAIN... and mike, kyle and adnan don't show up to tournis, the night b4 then RBC will have to start hosting for us instead of actual venues lol

Top Bottom