• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

worldjem7

Smash Ace
i say we get a general time zone but, keep it at TBA for now. If we're planning this after new years then it's way too early to tell what people's schedules will be like.

unknown522

Some guy
I found a place where we can have a melee tourney.
Howard Johnson INN & Suites.
22 Metropolitan Road, Toronto.
im thinking about hosting this late november or early december. so i need dates and stuff.
kk so guys.
one day tourney or two days ?
im not sure about the price yet but im going to call tonight.
Also, if its one day it might only be Singles and doubles. If things run well we can add like crews.
Two days will be like Singles & Crews then the next day Low Tier and Doubles.
really the only problem is venue fee.
i'll update later.
lol, it's right by the A&W me and bernard usually go to. We went there today

yeah, don't spam things like that, it's not fair =P geno boost less so. i had to get to level 6 for mario and mallow just to beat croco. level 5 might have been enough but it was only one more till they learned new moves. (i'm in kero kero sewers)
pure water is so awsome there.

also, croc (both times) is really gay

I'm at bean valley right now.

I got the attack scarf and super suit for mario.

Culex is ridiculous, I can't beat him. He attacks like 5 times a turn, and blast two hit kills mario, and 1 hit kills everyone else. (add a turn with geno boost). Meteor blast, and water blast ***** my whole team too, and dark star.

moves I hate most:

- water blast
- meteor blast
- sandstorm
- boulder
- jinx's moves (ALL OF THEM)....I still die when I guard, unless it does 0 with proper guarding
- blast
- un-guardable physical moves lol

I beat jinx 3 times in the dojo and got the jinx belt.

also, what time on tuesday?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
are you going to it kirby?
depends on how homoerotic my school year is.

edit: it depends on what the strike does to my schedule, honestly. i really, really wanna go to meet the other sheik mains (tec0, spawn, dazwa, soap, banks, etc) but if school is gay i can't go.

Wang.

Smash Apprentice
How do I go through those ants in the whirlpools without fighting them at lands end? This makes my level 3 mario challenge hard since I'm doing it on the snes and I dont have save states.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ryan Posting:

never gotten super suit =S forget how you get attack scarf.
super jump 30 times.
50 times
How do you do it 100 times :( The max I can usually do is like 24..
I've done it legit only like 4 times in my life. Since I know I can do it, I just use save states to make it easier. Normally I get around 35 jumps in a battle.
How do I go through those ants in the whirlpools without fighting them at lands end? This makes my level 3 mario challenge hard since I'm doing it on the snes and I dont have save states.
you can't unless you're backtracking

unknown522

Some guy
Kyle, I ****ing beat culex!!! longest fight ever.

once his yellow crystal (the earth, one that kept spamming blast and water blast) ran out of FP, I threw my hands in the air. Then a turn after that culex himself ran out of FP.

Red essence is broken

idea

Smash Master
yeah, wang, you have to fight those ant guys. they're there to tell you which whirlpools to go to...sooo...

use geno whirl, i find that helps. and...learn the best timing for things? i guess? or i guess bring lots of maple/royal syrups and use special moves on them. usually i carry around like 6 pickmeups.

edit: wow. good job. are you all level 30? who'd you use...and did you use both lazy shells =P

still though, nice. haha i think you can have 3 or 4 red essences around that time...so that's 12 turns where the enemy can't hit you at all. this game is so silly at times.

unknown522

Some guy
lol, when I fought him my team was like:

mario - 21 (exp booster ftw)
toadstool - 21 (exp booster as well)
geno - 19

mallow - 18
bowser - 18

I didn't have lazy shell yet. I used 2 red essences in the battle (one on toadstool, and one on mario), and spammed star egg with toadstool when I wasn't healing + ultra jump which did between 240 - 400 on each crystal (except on the yellow one....did like 4 damage...and it heavy hits). I left geno dead after I got mario and toadstool boosted.

I just got the lazy shells now, I just fell in the volcano, that's where I left off

D

Deleted member

my GOD today has been a blur so far

thanks guys :)

happy birthday marco - a guy on my floor is also nov 10th. it's wacky!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so i called the hotel today and i spoke with the maneger.
shes cool about having a video game tourney in there.
she made deals with me too since he found im such a nice boy =D

Price
One Day
Classroom size: $120
Two Classrooms: $295

Two day tourney
Classroom size: $120
Two Classrooms: $295
Campaign roon: $360 (huuuuuuuge)
hell no
Also when i mentioned that out of toronto players might come she said she gonna think about giving them a free night in the hotel.

Though its a bit to early but i was want your opinion.
also this will happen around next year.
we got lots of time guys =D

im going there on thursday to check out the other rooms and take pics and post it up too see if its good enough.
anyone wanna come with sots?

also

Kyle what time tomorrow?

JAKE & MARCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah

tomorrow: come at 1:00 PM

58 Bertha Avenue, Scarborough (only technically), Ontario, M1L 3M2
^ please no home invasions now that my address is on the internet kthxbai

EVERYONE WHO IS COMING PLEASE CONFIRM. we really cannot fit 26 people in my house again X_X but small amounts of people can also stay over if they want =) definitely confirm for that part. and uh...oh, and bring melees and _memory cards_ and cubes. lol i have to start posting this further in advance.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Ken is screwed for Survivor I think.

There's the big Cota 6 alliance which was brought down to 4 (Marcus leaving and Susie defecting, leaving Charlie, Randy, Bob, Corrine) but it still might be 5, (since Sugar now hates Ken most likely). Ken also most likely thinks Sugar is still on his side, which is bad (Ken's alliance is most Crystal, Suzie, and Matty most likely).

The teams now are:

Cota:
Ken
Crystal
Bob
Suzie

Fang:
Corrine
Charlie
Randy
Sugar
Matty

If the group goes into a merge, Ken will most likely be voted out, or Suzie, who everyone in the pre-mixed group hates, either way is bad news for Ken (as she is on his side).

If the group doesn't merge next week, what Ken's team can do it purposely lose the challenge to eliminate Bob, but at the same time, Randy's team might do the same thing to eliminate Matty.

Sugar is basically the swing vote I think, Ken will have to do some smart playing to get out of this one.

idea

Smash Master
Im coming.
Eugene is a maybe.
mmk cool.

kyle, I'll be there around 1-2.

no school tmrw, so yeah.

also, I cleared the game. Smithy was a long fight....so much HP
nice...i'm still in kero kero sewers =P not actually playing this game right now. i want to get dragon quest 8 but no places seem to have it in stock. and i know josh has it but i never see him.

is bernard coming? he said in the other thread he might not and i figured you might know.

so...tvs/cubes anyone?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Just a warning Bernard, I *am* picking up my cube/TV this weekend, so you better be home and answering your phone at some point.

If possible, please let your mom know about this situation and put the TV/Cube by the door (inside). That way, I could come by and pick it up at any time regardless of whether you're there or not.

idea

Smash Master
Just a warning Bernard, I *am* picking up my cube/TV this weekend, so you better be home and answering your phone at some point.

If possible, please let your mom know about this situation and put the TV/Cube by the door (inside). That way, I could come by and pick it up at any time regardless of whether you're there or not.
could you leave dragon quest 8 at his house for me =P

Wangster

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah

tomorrow: come at 1:00 PM

58 Bertha Avenue, Scarborough (only technically), Ontario, M1L 3M2
^ please no home invasions now that my address is on the internet kthxbai

EVERYONE WHO IS COMING PLEASE CONFIRM. we really cannot fit 26 people in my house again X_X but small amounts of people can also stay over if they want =) definitely confirm for that part. and uh...oh, and bring melees and _memory cards_ and cubes. lol i have to start posting this further in advance.
i'll be der by lyk 1-1:30pm. btw i think u have spiff's memory card in ur house :laugh:

worldjem7

Smash Ace
If I come I'll definitely be hours late because of school.

If I somehow manage to get out earlier I'll be lucky but, don't count on it.

Also, I have all of Bernard's videos from Kansas. I'll be working on them and trying to get some up.

Top Bottom