• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
no waiii!!! :psycho:
I love thems games! I was thinking of replaying them all when I get my Pandora. >:3

Its funny watching melee peeps talk about brawl.
The only ones who'd opinion I'd ever respect are those who play both.

Why am I like the only person that actually plays both well :(...
So those who played it and don't like it don't really count? Good logic there. :lick:

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I meant you have to be "good" at both, when you've proven you're good at neither.
andy is good at both O_o
in brawl mdk or king ace or someone there told them(him and steve) they'd probably be on the brawl pr if they went to events.
and how can you talk about the melee scene when u havent been a part of it for like half a year.
andy isnt as good as like bernie ryan david mike marco etc

but that doesnt make him not good. hes beaten bernard falco in a tourny set with link. i think that counts for something

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i hear he's pretty good at brawl, and i know from personal experience he's good at melee. you have to be pretty good to main link <_< haha we did a lot of friendly dittos with many different characters. good times.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
andy is good at both O_o
in brawl mdk or king ace or someone there told them(him and steve) they'd probably be on the brawl pr if they went to events.
and how can you talk about the melee scene when u havent been a part of it for like half a year.
andy isnt as good as like bernie ryan david mike marco etc

but that doesnt make him not good. hes beaten bernard falco in a tourny set with link. i think that counts for something
I'm not exactly trying to hate on Andy (so no offense, I didn't want to go into this but deshbag provoked me) but has he ever beaten anybody notable in a real set with them using their mains ever? Thats my qualifications for being "good"
The fact that I can be out of the scene for a long time and still be one of the top players is a testament to how "good" everyone around here is. Everyone who's good and was good can either beat me now, or already was beating me before. There are 5 people in our scene I would say are "good" and I respect the opinion of those players. Bernard can back me (just from playing random melee friendlies at brawl events and etc) that I could still beat 80% of the melee community, sorry guys.

As for brawl, wtf? Just cause MDK thought in his opinion that you'd make the pr doesn't mean a thing, you guys haven't even ever entered a brawl tournament so how could they possibly be called "good" when they have zero tournament backing?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Still could, probably wouldn't. I'm betting Jake is 1 of those good players too lol
Exit melee thread now please.
Andy, ignore him you're a solid player

idea

Smash Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2King View Post
samus IS way too high, but again, people are way too biased on tourney results. Tourney results does not necessarily reflect how good the character is
umm actually yes it does. That's EXACTLY what it means.
Umbreon is wrong but he wouldn't listen to me if i told him so =P the smash community has this weird hierarchy where people's perceived skill level determines their status. kind of reminds me of the mafia. so my join date/him never having heard of me would mean i can't argue with him without getting flamed or generally not taken seriously. rather irritating. (he's not making the distinction between how good a character is and how well people do in tournaments with those characters...ice climbers are not as good compared to the other characters as chudat is compared to the other pros, for instance - you can only make general claims by observing tourney results, not tier lists)

i gotta stop writing so ****ed much.

edit - it's okay, a bunch of people agreed with me after he said that =P

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Still could, probably wouldn't. I'm betting Jake is 1 of those good players too lol
Mike. irond match soon XD.

i think pichu should be higher in the final tier list.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I thought the Tier List was supposed to be determined by the current metagame, not by a character's potential.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I just had to press "view post" cause I KNEW you'd be talking about me.
Probably would, and will infact you're probably one of the only people who used to lose to me who'd probably beat me now.
When I thought of 5 I thought of current melee only enthusiasts: Ryan, Bernard, David, Imadh and I actually had you up there too cause people tell me you don't suck anymore. So :laugh: at the irony of your comment.

For the record I don't see melee in the title of the thread, oh shiz!
Edit: Thanks Lanowen, I could run a clock on your predictability.

Also people not being 'good' doesn't mean you're bad, it just means you're not like... good good.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Oh wow X.X I ***** you for so long until I got bored of your super camping and tried approaching super campy jiggs. I was sick of 8 minute matches. If I liked that **** I would play Brawl now too. GTFO out of the thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
What about the time I hadn't played melee in months, showed up at David's and still outranked you in the tournament? That must have burned....

Edit cause constantly making new posts about this is kinda dumb..:

Didn't I actually have a close set that went down to fifth game last stock high % while he beat you out of the tournament twice? (did you even win a round? I 2-0d him in pools for the record) LOL doesn't the second example sound more like ****?
Also, bolded a part of my post for emphasis and your humiliation.

D

Deleted member

not here to flame, but mike could you clarify your reference to me?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Pew Pew Pew Lasers

Edit: Oh wait, I don't spam. mods lock this post plz.

idea

Smash Master
i saw that, they both played well =P anthony has a good samus. my insufficient experience fails me, but i'm betting mike has a point about boring marth-jiggs camping (not that that isn't a good way to play the matchup).

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Hey guys I 2-0ed Desh in pools.

Srsly.

Also, everyone in the scene has gotten alot better. We're also pretty used to Jiggs seeing as Kyle stepped his game up.

Iuno about how good Nate is compared to us now...but at this point in time, its like power triangle of ryan, david and I followed my mike/imadh.

edit: Jake said he wanted to face me in a set. Then he proceeded to talk melee trash. Jake is lawl don't take him seriously Mike. He wanted to face some of us in sets @ my tourny for FUN. :)

t3h stock slayer

Smash Apprentice
lol
just throwing this out there,
they have entered brawl tournies :p

and people that i think in the gta scene that could be nate:
bernie ryan david imadh kyle he-man (when hes spazzing and stuff) stos andy adnan and moozles. :3
go moozles.

i dont even know why i made this list, but i think its pretty accurate >_>
im probably missing people.
ionno

and since i finally have a use for this pic

oh hai bernie =D

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I will play ALL of you when I come back this december. And I will **** you up, while probably losing to the exact same people as I used to lose to, with nobody new.

So either stfu and stand aside, or bet on it. Anyone who I didn't name as big 5 and feels big MM me. I'm just a brawl noob right what could I do....

Kids these days...

Desh: MM me or stfu and use that pic on yourself.

idea

Smash Master
^ fox or falco...with fox it works really well to grab spam, on top of the rest of his foxiness, so you wouldn't even have to camp. for that matchup it's largely a matter of running around madly and DIing upward-hitting things correctly.

D

Deleted member

like bernard clarified, ill do the same:

im not rusty at melee, whatsoever. i play melee often enough and i can still run ****. in fact, i doubt there's a better peach in ontario yet, but we'll see. perhaps david picked her up randomly, but ive still got the experience.

oh, i also said to bernard that he'd probably beat me, but it's not like i would get 3 stocked. im not rusty, not in the slightest.

Top Bottom