• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
AW MAN I WISH BRAWL HAD TAILS

and geno. i wanted him to be in it so badly =( actually i wanted mallow more. they could do so much with either of them.

I.B

Smash Lord
You guys are mean, just tell the guy what Event 52 is...

If you beat Event 51 as Kirby then you unlock Event 52. Event 52 requires you to play as Kirby again, except this time you face a team of 3 Metaknights who have infinite stock. Oh, and there's unlimited time as well.

Good luck.

idea

Smash Master
for metaknight, infinite stock and 1 stock are basically the same. i mean, he COULD die, but it will take longer than any measurable amount of time anyway, what with all his b-moves being great for recovery, and him having, what, six jumps?, all of which you can glide very far out of.

everyone beats event 51 as jigglypuff their first time anyway...rest rest rest and giga bowser is gone.

4Serial

Smash Lord
I BEAT IT WITH LINK
non l-canceled d-airs ftw

when is this darkrain tournament, i wanna go

i mean

i wanna go play event 52, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I.B

Smash Lord
Hey, hey, don't try to counter my unbeatable challenge you ****ing balloon.

jksurcoolbai

edit: that was for kyle, not andy. i don't talk to noobs like andy.

idea

Smash Master
so anyone else hear about this? wavedashing in brawl - actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRvelIMdAw

action replay code. seems to be hard to do this without continuing to airdodge on the ground...which would be the equivalent of sidestep dodging. or maybe his timing is just bad.

edit - it occurs to me this would also make it much easier to do moves out of dashing, that aren't dash attacks. i find it pretty difficult in brawl to chase someone after a hit and attack them out of a dashing animation, but if you just WD over you can do all your ground moves again =) now they just have to add hitstun and ban all the horrible chainthrowing that will sprout up from those two changes.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
so anyone else hear about this? wavedashing in brawl - actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRvelIMdAw

action replay code. seems to be hard to do this without continuing to airdodge on the ground...which would be the equivalent of sidestep dodging. or maybe his timing is just bad.

edit - it occurs to me this would also make it much easier to do moves out of dashing, that aren't dash attacks. i find it pretty difficult in brawl to chase someone after a hit and attack them out of a dashing animation, but if you just WD over you can do all your ground moves again =) now they just have to add hitstun and ban all the horrible chainthrowing that will sprout up from those two changes.
I hate how people try to turn Brawl into Melee. I think Brawl should stay the way it is. Right now its shaping up to be a silly bootleg.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
wow I just realized my computer at school had a capture card
i'm gonna be recording a lot smash .

idea

Smash Master
i cant lie it looked wicked... but i also cant lie and say i have any idea what all that code is. any Ideas Idea? heh heh heh oooh what a pun LOL
=P you're not the first to make that joke.

it looks to me like they...somehow changed the airdodging in brawl to work like it does in melee. that physics change would also bring back wavedashing. what they actually changed in the code, i have no idea. (heh)

honestly bernard, this wouldn't ever be used in tournaments, it's just cool...action replay always has ridiculous codes, and i think it should be obvious why putting wavedashing in brawl might be fun. i agree with the general way of thinking that it's not good for people to hate on brawl because it's not melee, but i don't think this goes that far. if they started making codes to splice in new characters i'd embrace that too =)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
The addition of wavedashing isn't game-breaking for me. Even if you could slide around at high speeds...with everything else Brawl has slowing it down - would it even make that much of a difference?

Dumb Sakurai.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
=P you're not the first to make that joke.

it looks to me like they...somehow changed the airdodging in brawl to work like it does in melee. that physics change would also bring back wavedashing. what they actually changed in the code, i have no idea. (heh)

honestly bernard, this wouldn't ever be used in tournaments, it's just cool...action replay always has ridiculous codes, and i think it should be obvious why putting wavedashing in brawl might be fun. i agree with the general way of thinking that it's not good for people to hate on brawl because it's not melee, but i don't think this goes that far. if they started making codes to splice in new characters i'd embrace that too =)
haha ya i figured that would be the most over used joke you've seen. ya thats a lot of code to simply give an air dodge momentum properties... is there a reason why he had the same landing lag as if he missed an Up B? shouldn't he have just free falled when he did air dodges that ended in the air?

to Bernard:
Wavedashing + Hitstun would... but then the game would have like a zillion infinites and MK would probably be full game break.

ps: i believe i'm free in about 2 hours for some smash action if anyone wants.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Hitstun in brawl would be enough reason to ban MK. Because the lack of hitstun is keeping him available.

idea

Smash Master
Oh jesus no. Do we really want to see Metaknight if the game has hitstun? It'll be like super tornado combo
yeah, someone on the video was like "now he can wavedash into downsmash...oh god no"

it also showed wario potentially chainthrowing people with wavedashing + downthrow.

i would mostly like it for the easier mobility it adds.

D

Deleted member

you guys are forgetting that you can't spam airdodge anymore in that version of brawl, meaning you could dodge things a lot whole smarter because of it (and capitalize)

4Serial

Smash Lord
yeah, that too

it might even help some characters' recovery...like yoshi.
actually, people are saying it hurts yoshi more than it helps him because yoshi players are used to double jump > airdodge for a safe recovery, and the airdodge will just stop his momentum completely.
find it stupid how marth and Fox and other characters slide ridiculously far, like the entire stage of smashville <_< Either way, I like how airdodges aren't broken anymore. Combos would be a lot more common.
I'm going to hack my wii and I'm just gonna play brawl with this hack. And then I'm gonna learn to hack and make Link better and take out dumb stuff in brawl like tripping, and floatiness, and lame edges, and make some stages like warioware neutral, and metaknight, and tripping. ^^

Top Bottom