• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Erix: http://www.stopc51.com/beinformed.asp Now if you just look at the title of the website itself of course its going to have some bias, but the implications are the implications.
( I honestly just found this link in google cause you asked for it so I hope nobody tries to find any possible stupidity on the site and use it against me.)

Also, that sponge note video was epic, makes me totally want to watch deathnote again, if only there weren't so many xanatos roulettes...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosRoulette

idea

Smash Master
I'll be honest, I barely know anything about this, so I probably shouldn't vote.
yeah, that's exactly how i feel. i am not informed enough to make an informed decision. but i'm not motivated enough to adequately inform myself either. so i'll probably vote either NDP or green party cause they seem like the "good" ones. i can't believe how ignorant that all sounds =P politics need to be both transparent and not boring.

edit: my friend sent me this a while ago - campaign promises by the four major parties.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...s_080918/20080924?s_name=election2008&no_ads=

oh, and i just remembered why i don't like the current harper/conservative party setup - canada actually went to war somewhere.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You also like..? =P
I like you Kage! ^____^

I wish I was going to Event 52. So we could rock teams like we usually do! :D

And I could make up for choking against Plank and Wife by showing you all sorts of gay tech chases on Fox/Falco/Falcon I've worked on to gimp them even faster.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I actually want to vote green tbh but, with the way the economy is right now I think we might be better off with Harper. So, I'm debating with myself.

idea

Smash Master
did anyone read that link i posted? cause i realized once i posted it that i hadn't, more so than just skimming it, and it's interesting =P only the conservatives and liberals gave dates for being out of (or for the conservatives, being 'mostly out of') afghanistan - 2011. that said, i seriously doubt the other two parties would keep canadian soldiers there much longer anyway. green party had little to promise cause they know they won't get to exert any influence =P and ndp looked the most reasonable to me. whoever mentioned it, yeah, it does look like they want to do a lot of spending, but i don't think they can **** canada up enough that our quality of life actually decreases by way of all the spending, and if it does, it will not be decreasing for the people working minimum wage whose salary would increase to $10/hour. + some other things i thought about last night but didn't bother posting.

D

Deleted member

voting green is entirely acceptable, however, it's unfortunate that canadian voting is flawed.

western democracy states that anything other than majority is irrelevant, so voting for green in riding that isnt green oriented is a wasted vote. not to mention they dont have much to contribute other than ecological promises.

anyway.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm political debate. interesting stuff... i cant lie i don't vote... unless its for Pedro :)

did anyone else watch Giants get upset last night?... since when does eli throw 3 picks in the red zone???

worldjem7

Smash Ace
voting green is entirely acceptable, however, it's unfortunate that canadian voting is flawed.

western democracy states that anything other than majority is irrelevant, so voting for green in riding that isnt green oriented is a wasted vote. not to mention they dont have much to contribute other than ecological promises.

anyway.
This is also on my mind. I wouldn't want to "waste" my vote on someone who has a low chance of getting elected but, it does help that a party gets more and more votes every election so it would help in the long run, just not for this election.

@kyle
Well we'll still be living in our homes and such. It's not like mass spending will have an immediate effect but, it will change things economically for the worst and we're already pretty screwed in terms of the economy, especially when the rest of the world is losing money. The major thing right now is economic stability and everything right now is really unstable.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
sheik is at least better than marth LOL

dk is at least better than luigi and ganon.

samus is way too high LOL.

kirby continues his slow decline.

idea

Smash Master
cool! good for them. and jigglypuff is higher so i'm happy =) definitely not a mid-tier. you can combo into a one-hit kill move <_<

yeah, sheik should be higher/on par with marth and fox, ice climbers maybe slightly lower (same position, but different number...i like this numerical system). i think ganon is better than doc. just a hunch. samus shouldn't be that high. falco maybe a little higher than 9.2. like 9.5 maybe. poor recovery doesn't matter if you can't hit the person ever.

eric - yeah, actually, with the economic crisis starting up, maybe it's not the best time to hold an election =S i don't know **** about how economies work and interact with each other. my mind is not wired for thinking about money and related matters.

and i agree with the view that (reading between the lines) the green party has its heart in the right place but doesn't have a detailed enough platform and is kind of a 'wasted vote' due to the way the system is set up.

oh, and link should be low Middle tier, not high Low.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Solution for voting.

Put Obama in the sheet.

then put a box across the page then check it.

then everyone is happy.

My friends and I did =D

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I want to hear Mike's opinion on the finalized tier list. He was saying Ganon was high and Falcon was mid or something.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
There should honestly be a test you have to take to be allowed to vote.
If there is a test to allow you to drive, surely you should not be able to drive society for free.

Also, I guess Ash just didn't tell Pikachu to "dodge it!" in time...

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
that pic brought pack memories of the most annoying voice aside from DW that i think i ever heard as a kid... good times :)

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hay guys, what do you think of my avatar/sig combo??!?!

****ing custom avatar glitches.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
The new tier list is pretty dumb. Sheik is better then both Fox and Marth, at the very least almost everyone would agree she's better then Marth. I already said I think high tier should be Falco, Jiggs, Peach, Ganon, Falcon in that order. Samus should be much lower, DK's a lot better then that.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
forgive me for not knowing. but what made ganon so beast? i've never gotten the hang of him and never had anyone who mained him play me. so i'm not overly familiar with the character.. other than the rediculous amounts of moves with freeze frame properties

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
Spaceman needs to come play my Ganon. Its not that good but I know how to use big skanky hitboxes.
are you free at all on week days? i have class at centennial tomorrow all day but i have a break around lunch time... just throwing it out there lol i'll play it at some point i'm sure in time

Top Bottom