• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
andy teach me guilty gear

i was thinking of renting guilty gear accent core on the wii (dont own ps2), is that a good start?
rae suggested to get into third strike instead, but ggac is more appealing

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
andy teach me guilty gear

i was thinking of renting guilty gear accent core on the wii (dont own ps2), is that a good start?
rae suggested to get into third strike instead, but ggac is more appealing
No one really plays on the Wii, so it would be best to learn on a ps2 controller or buy an arcade stick somewhere if you are serious about it.

Everyone either plays on ps2 at tournament or in an arcade. If you play on an arcade stick you are set for both. I am still learning myself, so I don't know how much I can help...

I started on the Wii, but I just had to relearn how to play on the ps2, so you can try it out but it is probably a bit of a waste; it's not bad to play on the Wii first, but it is just better to play on a ps2 so you know, you can compete better with the public.

I think GG is more exiting than 3s too, I have the game, and tried to get into it, but kinda got bored. Maybe because there was no one to play against.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I bought GG for the Wii and the controls are the same between Wii and PS2.

Wii's Classic Controller:

y = Punch
b = Kick
x = Slash
a = H-Slash
R = Dust

PS2 Controller:

ロ = Punch
X = Kick
ム = Slash
O = H-Slash
R1 = Dust

The only way it would be hard to switch between the 2 is if you've never played with a PS2 controller before. But, like Landy said, if you wanna get serious about it then it's probably best to get an arcade stick.

HI LANDY! :D

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I bought GG for the Wii and the controls are the same between Wii and PS2.

Wii's Classic Controller:

y = Punch
b = Kick
x = Slash
a = H-Slash
R = Dust

PS2 Controller:

ロ = Punch
X = Kick
ム = Slash
O = H-Slash
R1 = Dust

The only way it would be hard to switch between the 2 is if you've never played with a PS2 controller before. But, like Landy said, if you wanna get serious about it then it's probably best to get an arcade stick.

HI LANDY! :D
You gonna enter gg at T9?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
lol I just got GG like a week or 2 ago so I literally "just picked up" GG so I don't think I'd be able to do well at all lol

I'm already entering Brawl as well so it would be quite the number on my wallet lol.

idea

Smash Master
HOLY ****
5:28 =S
although link never sleeps anyway. he's always running around getting, like, eight more rupees at ungodly hours.

I.B

Smash Lord
i might come to scarb on thursday and sleep over twice again =)

melee, abyss and other games ?

Europhoria

Smash Lord
ılıl Mike ılıll says:
when i played melee i wasnt into it competitvly (when it came out) so i wasnt into wavedashing adn all that **** i just played it at home with friends and used... Link. Then when brawl came out i thought it was much better then read **** about melee on smashboards and yea.. Brawl isnt so great

<3 iMeeHow

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
We need more Link users in Toronto.

I only know like one Link main in Toronto and the last time I played him was like around last year.

4Serial

Smash Lord
We need more Link users in Toronto.

I only know like one Link main in Toronto and the last time I played him was like around last year.
I main Link! D:
But I'm in Brampton! D:

I main Red X
teen titans is too good rofl

rofl
and rofl that's awesome

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Hello GTA. I am from Edmonton, but am moving to TO to complete my degree (Bmus - jazz performance) at U of T in the fall. That being said, I wanna keep smashing (melee, not brawl). I know you guys have a pretty good scene, and I was wondering if anyone would be up for some games the first week of September. Also, where are most people distributed throughout the city? It's Huge! I'm still waiting to hear back from res, but in all likeliness I will end up downtown near the ROM.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Hello GTA. I am from Edmonton, but am moving to TO to complete my degree (Bmus - jazz performance) at U of T in the fall. That being said, I wanna keep smashing (melee, not brawl). I know you guys have a pretty good scene, and I was wondering if anyone would be up for some games the first week of September. Also, where are most people distributed throughout the city? It's Huge! I'm still waiting to hear back from res, but in all likeliness I will end up downtown near the ROM.
Yeah, we doo have a good scene. But yeah, I down for smash during the first week of septembeer =). Toronto is big, most smasher that I know live around Scarborough which is part of Toronto. Also thier are downtown smashers too so yeah.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
our scene sucks go to mtl.

edit: or find RaynEx and Unknown522 and I.B and Jagg and Europhoria. Dragon_Hawk was pretty okay but he quit and stopped running his biweekly because he's a fucking emo bitch.

Top Bottom