• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Urf mode is just really silly, and full of people who get complete enjoyment from splitpushing 24/7. AD Malz is the most frustrating thing I've played against because they wont leave a lane ever and just push turrets. Takes all the fun out of it

Jungling is definetly the way to go, although then you force someone to 2v1 which is a pain when every other lane is a bullet hell. Nunu can do red>tp to drag and solo it with consume on a 2.8 sec CD

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The way you have fun with URF is when it's out for only the first couple hours before people find out the old OP picks or new ones.

Lulu is literally satan, it's saddening when I'm trying to have fun with veigar or vlad while people are going ali lulu eve or hecarim basically saying they don't like fun.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Vlad isn't even as bad as he was from URF last time since warmog's changes and the health bars for everything is silly so honestly it almost feels like I'm getting no health/AP from passive.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Maybe it was just cause the vlad games I played had a lulu constantly silencing me or cc to stop me from the half second I was actually out, but yeah I don't remember if previous URF had the old lulu where she didn't have scaling cc/speed ups or not based off ap.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i have found the ultimate urf strategy

but i will not reveal it for it is too hillarious

100% winrate vs everything, just have to ban zed

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's ok, losing's the quickest way to learn. Alternatively play Dominion, gives you a good (simplified) lesson in map control/movements.

Last edited:

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I just realized how hard you can carry in the jungle at lower elo this past week or so. I made silver IV last season in ranked and got silver V in my placements this season, but I got messed up MMR so bad from duoing with bronze friends of mine trying to help them not knowing what that did for me and started losing a ton of games. (Never fell out of silver V, but at one point I was getting Bronze V people on my team) Anyway, jungle has always been my 3rd or 4th best role, with toplane where I am the best, but I was losing a lot of top games because I'd win lane and my teams I was getting would just feed or run around and not farm.

I'm actually winning the vast majority of my games from the jungle right now and starting to climb back up which is awesome. I'll be glad to stop playing with bronze people again, because last season I got placed in bronze V at the start and had a lot of trouble making the climb so I've had about enough of them lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So even though it was in front of my face the entire time and I didn't realize till Saturday. Reason I feel warmog's spellvamp and W max vlad isn't as good anymore is because healing is gonna be around like 65% by the time you get the items.
Which the addition all together is like a direct nerf to supports and characters like vlad.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I played some league again recently.

Seems apparent my "troll" builds are somehow even stronger than they once were. Hooray for the nerf cycle.
Muramana Cleaver Warwick ****ing up kids.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Speaking of Black Cleaver I thought the PBE changes were interesting as they could give a lot of options to a lot of melee champs.

Then a friend reminded me about Gnar and now I can't sleep at night.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
As a Sona main, I find URF to be very fun and wish it was always around.

'course she's almost always banned every time now, but at least I also have Rumble and AP Kog'maw to fall back on.

Oh, the joys of my 3 main characters just happening to be amazing in URF.

:059:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Speaking of Black Cleaver I thought the PBE changes were interesting as they could give a lot of options to a lot of melee champs.

Then a friend reminded me about Gnar and now I can't sleep at night.
I can't wait until Olaf gets a movespeed boost whenever he lands an axe.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Finally sat down today and just grinded my way into gold. Started at silver 1 at around 45 LP, went lost one, won 3, got promo, lost first match then just had 3 stomps with Olaf.

It took a while but I found my champ pool for these patches. I just play Olaf/Morg/lissandra because super easy flex picks, Nami support if morg isn't available, Naut if we need a tank support. Jung Nunu if we have a hypercarry adc and i want to cheese early dragons, Trundle if he would break the enemy team open better than olaf/we have a poke comp. I'm really enjoying this patch a lot. Tank metas are my favorite. Top lane is a bit snowbally still, and Hec/Irelia are no fun but it is what it is.

Haven't touched ADC at all, dont think I want to lol. Doesn't seem like a fun patch for ADCs unless you're vayne. I am enjoying just sitting on Jinx's and graves though.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The patch isn't fun nor good for vayne either. A better tank buster is Koggles and even then you literally need the rest of your team to play lulu nunu janna or morg to make it work even 50% depending on your rank.
In Silver/Gold range you can probably get away with nothing and still do fine in lane in terms of cs.

But yeah this patch isn't fun for ad carries, sure is nice being 7-0 20 minutes in but because even if hecarim is 0-4, he has triforce and ninja tabi so he can still tp homeguard and destroy your health with two abilities. Or Maokai having one d ring and Glory with merc treads so enough tank and sustain to laugh at you trying to kill him cause lol cc and invulnerability from W for days.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
Is this the right place to come waltzing in, and saying, "I'm interested to play League, but have no experience with MOBAs".

I played like 2 games of League, haven't touched it since then though...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I haven't been playing League all that long compared to most people. I forgot when it was, but it was right after Gnar came out, so maybe half a year?

In other news, I've heard it's good to stick to main one champion in each role. That's not too much of a problem for me with most, since I have Sona for support, Kog'maw for ADC, and Rumble for Top. I can't decide between Warwick or Volibear for jungle though, and I HATE mid with a passion. I've actually been trying to think of potential mids I could get eventually. I may wind up just going with Cho'gath or something and make my focus be to not lose lane, rather than to win lane, if I ever get forced into mid.

I wish IP didn't take forever to get. There's so many champions I'd love to buy that I might wind up loving, but don't have enough IP to do it >.<

:059:

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
if you want to climb the ladder, i'd say specialize in 2-3 roles and 2-3 champions per role.

have a favorite champion/role and tell people what it is in champion select.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
if you want to climb the ladder, i'd say specialize in 2-3 roles and 2-3 champions per role.

have a favorite champion/role and tell people what it is in champion select.
Except dont tell the what champs they are, just say the roles. But aside from that, this.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
People ban Zed when I say I want to play him

It's like they know I can't play him

But seriously why do people ban mechanical champions in Bronze lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's probably the "I don't want this kind of **** in my team" ban.

@ KRDsonic KRDsonic : I feel bad for all the people that have to grind IP now, when in season 1-2 youd get ~250IP per game, going up to 400 with the first win of the day bonus.

Top Bottom