• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Did Jax get buffed or something, because now everyone has finally realised how good he is. Now I won't be able to get freelo with him as much as I used to.

Also Feral Flare Shen is my new thing. FF and the rune changes removed his only real setback in the jungle, which was his slow clear. He's not super fast but now with proper runes and masteries his clear is on par with many conventional junglers and if you get a decent leash you don't even need pots to clear the first few camps.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its cause with 4 man pushing turrets, you skip early laning phase all together which was Jax's downfall.

See game2 C9 vs TSM. See how the Jax lane was the focus? Meteos had to baby that lane super hard due to Jax's weaker early game.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Aatrox is too similar to Xin and Nocturne for my tastes, and I think they both can do similar things while having more to offer in other areas.

Life

Smash Hero
It seems that the best users of Feral Flare often benefit a lot from BOTRK, such as Yi and Nocturne. In practice, apart from the actives and FF's gold generation, the items do similar things--extra AS, extra on-hit damage that makes it harder to itemize against you (BOTRK against health and FF against armor), healing on hit, and killing Baron/Dragon really fast.

FF is much cheaper gold-wise, though you don't get it immediately so it's more like a big discount on your next item afterwards.

With that in mind, Wriggles into BOTRK on a strong counterjungler seems like a good idea. Enter enemy jungle, take big monsters, 1v1 jungler or gank a lane, repeat.

What champs would best fit that style? Udyr maybe? Zed? Shyvana? Jax? WW? Someone else?

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
BotRK definitely plays super well with FF, as does Ghostblade and of course Randuins. Any item that lets you just stay on a target and wail on them with your FF.
If I were to take FF and counterjungle (probably counterjungling an opposing FF user considering its popularity in solo queue) I would take somebody who just wins duels outright like Udyr or Trundle. If they show up while you're stealing their Wraiths as Tiger Udyr they are as good as dead. You keep building stacks while punishing them for even trying. As long as your ward coverage is good you shouldn't have a problem getting out quickly if need be, and making sure they don't just try to sneak into your jungle after being denied their own.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Seeing Udyr again reminds me to hold my tongue when I talk about "best jungle clearers".

Earlier this season I was doing phoenix/bear udyr for the whole clear + movement speed thing... now its just ********. lol.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
For Udyr, yeah. FF, Triforce, Randuins is basically his core if you're playing him jungle imo. Though a lot of times I just sit on Phage and go into Randuins before finishing Triforce. BotRK for almost any other FF user, Udyr just gets too much out of Triforce though. Once you have both Triforce and Randuins it's extremely difficult to get away from Udyr for anybody barring characters that have more than one escape spell like Leblanc or Ahri, blue build Ezreal, and BS Morgana with her 3 second CC. It's pretty funny to watch somebody like Ashe attempt to kite Udyr only to realize it's just not enough.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Nidalee + teemo on the same team is such a lame combo. Try to hard engage and you run into shrooms. Stand around and nidalee pokes you down.

Toss in a reset champ (khazix, master yi, etc) and sustain support and you got a team comp going on.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I prefer Pheonix on Udyr but man FF is tempting with Tiger Udyr, though I think Pheonix with FF might clear faster? I wanna say no on that vs Tiger FF Udyr.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Tiger vs Phoenix just depends on what you want to be doing.

Phoenix clears camps and waves faster, and is a better midline champ attacking whatever is in front of him trying to get to his teammates. I say midline, defining frontline as somebody who would actually go into the enemy team like Renekton or Shyvana. Phoenix Udyr is at his best imo when he's in front of his team, but not inside the ranks of the enemy. When I do play Phoenix it's because I know I'm going to have to stick with my team in 5v5 situations. Tiger isn't that great in a teamfight scenario because Udyr will struggle to get to prime targets in a full fight, and the enemy tankline can better itemize his damage as opposed to Phoenix which is pretty target indiscriminate being hybrid. Plus the AoE often means you can still get damage off on their squisher targets. Udyr is also pretty good at peeling because he can stun everyone that tries to get in every five seconds, and I think this further emphasizes Phoenix as a great midline fighter.

Tiger wants the game to revolve around small skirmishes. In a small fight he can basically just do whatever he wants, and actually use Tiger's insane damage against a squishy target. After a skirmish Tiger proceeds to force objectives with whatever small advantage you got from the fight. Tiger Udyr has among the best objective control in the game imo because he just destroys any and all major objectives. He's among the fastest at taking buffs, drag, Baron, and especially towers once he has Triforce. Tiger Udyr eventually gets to the point where he can solo a tower with no creeps around, though we're talking five or six items here.

If we're talking about which stance uses FF better, I think it's basically a wash. FF emphasizes the strengths of both stances very well. Phoenix can stack it faster, but Tiger makes ungodly use of its onhit with 100% AS steroids and naturally fantastic objective control.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I find what rito does in ranked weird. If the person is on a win streak, give them teammates that're far worse than you or on a lose streak. It's especially frightening when the people on losing streaks even type in character select that they're on a loss streak.

Eww.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I just put fiora in all my page names

dre I thought I was bad and unable to be played with in 5s
When did I say that? I just can't tolerate playing 5s with Scoot. I'd rather play with Jaswa than Scoot.

Also have you tried Feral Flare Fiora yet? I wanna try it but I don't like using FF because I don't like powerfarming the jungle, and I feel like I'm wasting time whenever I go to gank or hold a lane.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Kill/assists give stacks
Once you've upgraded it to FF. I don't like how I feel like I have to ignore the rest of the map for 15 minutes until I have FF, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting time. I always had a more of low CS early-gank style of jungling so I guess that's why.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
dre I might consider it if you remind me about how I was the ace of the last team

also ff fiora is great, I tried it once and went 14/2 so...

Life

Smash Hero
I find what rito does in ranked weird. If the person is on a win streak, give them teammates that're far worse than you or on a lose streak. It's especially frightening when the people on losing streaks even type in character select that they're on a loss streak.

Eww.
People also claim that Riot puts people on losing streaks with people also on losing streaks.

It's almost like people want to believe that Riot intentionally gives them bad teammates for some reason.

EDIT: Think I might have misread your post.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The ranking system in general is unfair. Not just because your points ate dependent on other people, but because certain games arbitrarily have more weight than others.

If you lose a game at 50 lp, one win will put you back roughly to where you were before. However if you lose that game on 0 lp instead, it can take between 3-6 wins to get back to where you were for before.

For example I was 4 wins away from Silver, but went on a losing run which dropped me to b5. I've since had a 4 game winning streak. Had I had the winning streak first and then the bad run afterward, I'd be Silver, not low Bronze.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Idk what to think about moustache man. His skillset looks strong but impractical and I don't see what he can bring to a team that other supports wouldn't do better.

Only one damaging spell and no reliable CC without his ult give me a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong because I want to play dat stache.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I hate that they made FF take even MORE stacks to upgrade.
It just prolongs the phase of "ignore my team" which is among the biggest complaints about FF to begin with and makes actually doing things with your team even more punishing.
Increasing its cost was a good step in the right direction because it was stupidly efficient, but they should have also just hit its stats a tad instead of the stack requirement.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

I thought it was pretty funny getting the same score on the same champion two ranked games in a row.
For example I was 4 wins away from Silver, but went on a losing run which dropped me to b5.
What the hell, did you go on like a 60 game losing streak?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tier promos are way easier from my experience. Normal promos, you have to win 2 out of 3, but you also have to win a game just to get into that promo, so you basically have to win 3 out of 4 games in order to get promoted, so a 75% win rate. For a Tier Promo, you have to get 3 of 5, plus the one to just get to that promo, so 4 of 6. which is only a 67% win rate. And they both always group you with higher MMR people, so thats no different.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Grats Slush.

I hate that they made FF take even MORE stacks to upgrade.
It just prolongs the phase of "ignore my team" which is among the biggest complaints about FF to begin with and makes actually doing things with your team even more punishing.
Increasing its cost was a good step in the right direction because it was stupidly efficient, but they should have also just hit its stats a tad instead of the stack requirement.
Eh I think the higher amount of stacks has removed the reason for a jungler to just purely power farm. I'm seeing junglers gank again pre-6, which was unheard of. I think the 13 minute try hard path turning into a 16 minute one forces junglers to apply some map pressure. It wasn't the most concrete solution (imo), but eh.
I think they could've changed the scaling so it was a 4:2:1 split between creep damage, on hit damage and the healing (nerfing damage done to neutrals, weakening the on hit healing). Right now it being 3:1:1 is dumb and is probably going to get gorped to 4:1:1 within a patch or two (the quarter thing was the standard for their other jungle madred clones, which all still remain the same 25%), then we'll have an item that's weaker in every way with nerfs it didn't need and riot will still expect us to use it :{.

Honestly though, I think Feral Flare is still a big ol red herring. In a meta where both junglers are getting it, it looks obnoxious this way. But in games where I'm seeing the feral flare nocturne or whatever, I see pantheon, kha or vi still with their elder lizards, still being stupendously over powered champs in their current environments, flat out killing everyone at the same strength as FF counterparts except early game too. We've just forgotten about them. Competitive play still knows though.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Asdioh- I'd win the odd game, but I'd lose 4-6 games in-between. It was basically because I started playing Shen instead of Jax. My Shen is actually better than my Jax but Jax freelo at my elo because of how strong the champion is.

The cool thing though is that I noticed the drop in MMR through the bans people would do. In high Bronze people would ban meta stuff like Leblanc, Nid etc, whereas now that I'm in B4 it's back to stuff like Amumu and Blitzcrank.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If I devote my life to league maybe I'll be lcs :^))))))))))))))))
I mite stream tonight since I did not stream my promos sadly. Can watch me get ***** in diamond now too.

Top Bottom